Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1174

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Andy- yours is not just an English language problem. I don't think that you are doing justice to Ng Chan.
    "Seeing" an accu point to hit it is unrealistic

Concerning blind shi Sao ,it's only a marketing tool used for commercial wing chun

It has no sense in traditional wing chun

Bruce lee, first used it in the west to promote himself

The only due to be of wing chun it's to launch you hand ,elbow or foot in straight line to to kill or hurt
    Besides that ,everything is accessories

Sensitivity to the opponent flow is a misunderstood

You have to eat his flow and not to follow or listen his flow

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    Concerning blind shi Sao ,it's only a marketing tool used for commercial wing chun
    So say the folks who don't have the skill to find and strike a target without seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    So say the folks who don't have the skill to find and strike a target without seeing it.
    ------------------------------------------
    Enough confusion without putting Moshe and Andy in the same basket in their postings.

But agree- blindfold chi sao is just for showmanship.

Smile

If you have enough sensibility , you should feel that it's not possible to concentrate the strength the same way at the hitting spot

Close or cover your eyes and do the test

Never seen a blind sniper !
    Last edited by MOSHE; 01-05-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ------------------------------------------
    Enough confusion without putting Moshe and Andy in the same basket in their postings.

But agree- blindfold chi sao is just for showmanship.
    Blindfolded, yes. Eyes closed, no. Eyes closed lets you learn to do things by tactile sensation rather than visual sensation. It also teaches you to strike when the opponent breaks contact. It helps a lot with working from any contact, especially in high speed, close ranged striking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I’ve sent a lot of overzealous men down to their knees with that... watch the wonderful reaction/whimper you’ll get from that person.

The ‘ginger fist’ really works.

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    If you have enough sensibility , you should feel that it's not possible to concentrate the same at the hitting spot

Close your eyes and do the test
    No idea what you just said. Rephrase? How about you close your eyes and try the "reference point" test.

Touch a friend's wrist with your right hand. Then close your eyes and touch their elbow with your left hand. Then keeping your eyes closed touch their ear with your right hand.

How is this done? How does it apply to Wing Chun? Do you understand "reference points" through the sense of touch and awareness of a normal feeling human being?

If you cannot successfully perform this test, you're a complete retard with no hope in learning Wing Chun.

Never seen a blind sniper !
    You're comparing a WC practitioner engaged in chi-sau practice to a sniper now? Chi-sau is not at all about relying only on sight to zero in on a target and strike it.

We engage in contact for a reason... wow, just never mind. You guys have completely castrated the meaning of chi-sau to the point where I have no idea what you're talking about anymore.

No idea what you just said. Rephrase? How about you close your eyes and try the "reference point" test.

Touch a friend's wrist with your right hand. Then close your eyes and touch their elbow with your left hand. Then keeping your eyes closed touch their ear with your right hand.

How is this done? How does it apply to Wing Chun? Do you understand "reference points" through the sense of touch and awareness of a normal feeling human being?

If you cannot successfully perform this test, you're a complete retard with no hope in learning Wing Chun.

You're comparing a WC practitioner engaged in chi-sau practice to a sniper now? Chi-sau is not at all about relying only on sight to zero in on a target and strike it.

We engage in contact for a reason... wow, just never mind. You guys have completely castrated the meaning of chi-sau to the point where I have no idea what you're talking about anymore.
    He is talking about Wing Chun is up to hit the opponent's "acupuncture point"穴位(That's the reason I asked wether you are familiar with it). I know, you can use your "Wing Chun" skills to knock down the opponent in very beautiful movement. But Wing Chun is about to kill in a short time. With the knowledge of acupuncture point and the Wing Chun power, you can do it easily. I guess Moshe means that: when we're fighting, we aim the opponent like a snipper, we aim at the exact points, not just feel where the opponent is and where he or she is going to attack.

And I'm going to Shanghai for bussiness. Could you give me your address please? If I have time, I can visit you, since you do not want to go to Foshan.

Blindfolded thai box... :)

Probably just for show...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aitpXKCGYw
    Last edited by Jox; 01-06-2013 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jox View Post
    Of course, they can play it, because one touch can't kill the opponet, right?

Quote Originally Posted by andysken View Post
    He is talking about Wing Chun is up to hit the opponent's "acupuncture point"穴位(That's the reason I asked wether you are familiar with it). I know, you can use your "Wing Chun" skills to knock down the opponent in very beautiful movement. But Wing Chun is about to kill in a short time. With the knowledge of acupuncture point and the Wing Chun power, you can do it easily. I guess Moshe means that: when we're fighting, we aim the opponent like a snipper, we aim at the exact points, not just feel where the opponent is and where he or she is going to attack.
    Okay, does the feeling "reference point" test I described above make sense to you? When you have contact with the opponent's wrist, for example, you can know where the rest of the opponent is, where their center is without seeing it. Even a non-martial artist can do this.

Wing Chun of course attacks the center where many of these points lie, from the nose, chin, and on downward. If a gap appears or is created by us, we can strike the center and hit these points easily regardless of whether our eyes see it first or not. Of course we also use eyesight, but relying on eyesight alone is slow and our eyes can deceive us. That's why Wing Chun is a skill that relies on feeling above eyesight alone. That's what makes it a very fast and direct method. Blindfolded chi-sau is only demonstrating this.

Thumbs up Cheers

Okay, does the feeling "reference point" test I described above make sense to you? When you have contact with the opponent's wrist, for example, you can know where the rest of the opponent is, where their center is without seeing it. Even a non-martial artist can do this.

Wing Chun of course attacks the center where many of these points lie, from the nose, chin, and on downward. If a gap appears or is created by us, we can strike the center and hit these points easily regardless of whether our eyes see it first or not. Of course we also use eyesight, but relying on eyesight alone is slow and our eyes can deceive us. That's why Wing Chun is a skill that relies on feeling above eyesight alone. That's what makes it a very fast and direct method. Blindfolded chi-sau is only demonstrating this.

Once again, common sense is ‘King’, and those that reply against your statements dealing within this premise; are only licking there wounds.

The contact element within Chi Sau is purely so two people can exchange force which in turn improves strength, structure, balance and punching precision amongst other things.
    Lat Sau Jik Chung exercises are used to correct natural errors and to train the Ving Tsun straight punch. Such errors include bringing the arm backwards before a strike is delivered and chasing the opponents arms rather than go straight to the target.
    The punch in itself serves two purposes. To attack and defend simultaneously.
    In a proper fight there is no contact with arms albeit a split second in order to clear a path for the straight punch.
    Unfortunately many systems have *******ized this drill and turned it into a game of pressing and manipulating each other force and intent etc etc etc .

There is no time in fighting for such things to occur. Looking for arm contact, making a bridge and controlling arms is nonsense! Using blindfolds and trying to detect things through arm contact is also nonsense. Chi Sau serves a purpose so that we can punch, recycle the punch, find and use striking opportunities and deliver strikes with precision and balance through both attacking limbs. LSJC is from the whole body unit

Arm glue Wing Chun is pointless and only works when two people are living up in the clouds.

Blindfolded chi sau can highlight the fact of how many striking opportunites are lost through the mish mash of two people attacking each other. If you want to "feel" your opponent give him a cuddle. It will be more effective