Page 69 of 79 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1174

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

It’s a medically know fact when one sense is absent, it only heightens the others. Therefore, dissolving the notion of premeditated thinking or actions when dealing with sight (blindfolded/eyes closed), while keeping/helping one ever so strongly based/rooted within time or timing, positioning and reflexes when dealing with the utter most present of application. Therefore, how could it not help you develop in some kind of way (blindfold).

Talking Nice Clip!

What’s practical; is when I make bridge contact, I’ve no need to gaze upon my opponent, this is why I’m able to dominate when sparring two or three students at a time. Not being preoccupied with sight.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    Okay, does the feeling "reference point" test I described above make sense to you? When you have contact with the opponent's wrist, for example, you can know where the rest of the opponent is, where their center is without seeing it. Even a non-martial artist can do this.
    An good example of that is around 1:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aitpXKCGYw

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    What’s practical; is when I make bridge contact, I’ve no need to gaze upon my opponent, this is why I’m able to dominate when sparring two or three students at a time. Not being preoccupied with sight.
    Really? You can dominate two or three students at a time, blindfolded and by making arm contact?? Well f""k me over a barrel of whiskey! You must be a Superhero!

I said nothing about being blindfolded when sparring my students, read that post carefully then move on with your nonsense, I’m not here to fight anyone.

You’re not comprehending what you are reading dealing with my post; so you’re putting your own words within my writing. Why go there with a lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    The contact element within Chi Sau is purely so two people can exchange force which in turn improves strength, structure, balance and punching precision amongst other things.
    Lat Sau Jik Chung exercises are used to correct natural errors and to train the Ving Tsun straight punch. Such errors include bringing the arm backwards before a strike is delivered and chasing the opponents arms rather than go straight to the target.
    The punch in itself serves two purposes. To attack and defend simultaneously.
    In a proper fight there is no contact with arms albeit a split second in order to clear a path for the straight punch.
    Unfortunately many systems have *******ized this drill and turned it into a game of pressing and manipulating each other force and intent etc etc etc .

There is no time in fighting for such things to occur. Looking for arm contact, making a bridge and controlling arms is nonsense! Using blindfolds and trying to detect things through arm contact is also nonsense. Chi Sau serves a purpose so that we can punch, recycle the punch, find and use striking opportunities and deliver strikes with precision and balance through both attacking limbs. LSJC is from the whole body unit

Arm glue Wing Chun is pointless and only works when two people are living up in the clouds.

Blindfolded chi sau can highlight the fact of how many striking opportunites are lost through the mish mash of two people attacking each other. If you want to "feel" your opponent give him a cuddle. It will be more effective

Around 4:20 DP appears to somewhat contradict you G

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgUtO...TOMXeA&index=4

ZORRO IS BACK ?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Around 4:20 DP appears to somewhat contradict you G

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgUtO...TOMXeA&index=4
    And your point is Glenn?

I have my own opinion and if you think it contradicts something David has said or shown then so be it. We are not clones of each other and I don't think I'm trying to re-invent any wheels here!

If I thought blindfolds were an essential part of VT training I would still be using them. I don't anymore. If somebody else thinks that are beneficial then good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I said nothing about being blindfolded when sparring my students, read that post carefully then move on with your nonsense, I’m not here to fight anyone.

You’re not comprehending what you are reading dealing with my post; so you’re putting your own words within my writing. Why go there with a lie?
    Ok I've read it closely and I think you talk a lot of rubbish. My opinion of course. Don't take it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    And your point is Glenn?

I have my own opinion and if you think it contradicts something David has said or shown then so be it. We are not clones of each other and I don't think I'm trying to re-invent any wheels here!

If I thought blindfolds were an essential part of VT training I would still be using them. I don't anymore. If somebody else thinks that are beneficial then good for them.
    My point is that even among the WSL guys, there seems to be a bit of a difference in approach.
    So when you guys (WSL folk) get on your high horse and trumpet your unbeatable way ,just remember that you cant eve agree amongst yourselves

Using a blindfold in chi sao is an excellent way to develop tactile sensitivity. Sensitivity can of course be developed without using a blindfold but practising without the use of sight accelerates the process as it forces the practitioner to focus on what they can feel rather than what they can see. What you are feeling for is dependent upon what the lineage in question emphasises. Personally I feel for gaps to the centre and the direction and magnitude of force being applied. Being able to capture information from senses other than sight and react to that information quickly is a learned skill and one that all seasoned fighters possess. Chi sao is a Wing Chun exercise designed to develop that skill and using a blindfold is an easy way to accelerate the process. Of course it is also very useful for showing off in demonstrations but that is not its primary purpose.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

My point is that even among the WSL guys, there seems to be a bit of a difference in approach.
    So when you guys (WSL folk) get on your high horse and trumpet your unbeatable way ,just remember that you cant eve agree amongst yourselves
    2:42 WSL demonstrating blindfolded chi-sau: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkbJnQbkxHk

That is very true.