Page 62 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Were you in Hong Kong 30 years ago? No, Jackie Lee is a member here. Exactly as stated in my post.
    first time ,i trained in hong kong with ng chan in 1989

i dont unserstand to who you refer ,can you give more details

Were you in Hong Kong 30 years ago? No, Jackie Lee is a member here. Exactly as stated in my post.
    Moshe might have been referring to a different Jackie Lee.

Thirty years ago Ng Chan's students used to practice "modified" as they called it, Yip Man Hong Kong style Wing Chun in parks nearby, but behind closed doors they practiced Leung Bik or what you may call "original" Wing Chun style. Your teacher was young at the time but was also there.
    What is the name of this person

Thirty years ago Ng Chan's students used to practice "modified" as they called it, Yip Man Hong Kong style Wing Chun in parks nearby, but behind closed doors they practiced Leung Bik or what you may call "original" Wing Chun style. Your teacher was young at the time but was also there.
    Haha joker

Who is this joker, taking over your turf ? http://ngchanvingtsun.com/Default.aspx

Seems the "Estate" is not too happy with your teacher. Hmmm...... Click on "announcement".
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 09-01-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Par for the course in the wing chun "community(?Ha).

Seems the "Estate" is not too happy with your teacher. Hmmm...... Click on "announcement".
    Is Sifu Pun moshe's teacher? If so, all this nonsense from him makes a lot more sense!

I like this line how it's completely opposite of what Moshe has been saying about Ip Man not emphasizing chi sao according to hear say from his teacher..... unbelieveable!

"The students of Master Ng were taught through their continuous chi-sao with their sifu." - http://ngchanvingtsun.com/vingtsun/22/Announcement.aspx

Even better

"Master Ng Chan was a rigorous man of integrity and had never claimed supremacy on his skills to others. Furthermore, he never talked to others about the shortcomings on his peers. As such, any sayings that only Master Ng Chan learned the true/unique set of Wing Chun skills is completely incorrect. Also there is no such thing as true/direct descendant of Wing Chun martial arts. This kind of statement is an insult to Master Ng and our Wing Chun ancestors."

- http://ngchanvingtsun.com/vingtsun/22/Announcement.aspx

the guy in this website is teaching in vietnam ,doesnt know about what he is speaking and never received any deep teaching from ng chan

and he is mixing several martial arts

and you poor WC000O you are so frustrated to know nothing that you are the first one to jump to criticize and not scared to put forward nonsense theories

if yo were my student ,yes i will not stop to propose you only TO PRACTICE shi sao ,

JUST TO AVOID TO TEACH YOU ANYTHING GOOD
    Last edited by MOSHE; 09-02-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WC1277 View Post
    Moshe is that only Master Ng Chan learned the true/unique set of Wing Chun skills . in western countries

Also there is such thing as true/direct descendant of Wing Chun martial arts.

On the contrary, if a person lacks the understanding LIKE ME WR0000 (im depressed right now) or foundation in executing any skillful movement, then it will be awkward for that person to execute any kind of good skillful movement at all"
    thank you ,you certainly feel better now
    Last edited by MOSHE; 09-02-2012 at 10:41 AM.

After having given it much thought I do not think Master Ng Chan via Master Yip Man was teaching Leung Jan Gu Lo WC to students, as stated by the Estate/School of the late Master Ng Chan. There would have been a more obvious incorporation of Leung Bik (Yip Man's teacher)technique in the curriculum of, especially starting with the Fatshan SLT form. Master Yip , like Master YKS were proponents of the Fatshan, Guangzhou style of Wing Chun, TCMA. This stands on it's own. It would not have been necessary for Master Yip to appoint anyone to carry on with a lineage that has it's own succession.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 09-15-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Most Mistakenly Taken Points In Wing Chun Part 1

Most Mistakenly Taken Points In Wing Chun Part1
    Wrote by Sifu Pun(Lance Pun)
    Translated by Andy(Ah Yuan)
    Copy Right: Pik-Wah Wing Chun

I haven’t paid Attention to how was Wing Chun taught by now for years. About 2 years ago. I read something on it and found there were so much mistake through other so called “Masters”. (You can think through it as reading my essay. But if you think I’m wrong, just take this essay as a joke.)
    Some “Masters” say:“When we stand to do xiao-nian-tou( Sil Lim Tau), we must rise up our bottom.” This is terrify!!(Well, Gays must be very glad anyway) . Wing Chun is not Tie-xian kyn( Iron fist). Not Xing-yi kyn either. If you do rise your bottom, you’ll have two stiff legs. This will make you can’t walk fast in Wing Chun style.( It’s not strange, because “Masters” these days can hardly understand how to do the Wing Chun walk, which we call “Zou Ma”)
    The xiao-nian-tou( Sil Lim Tau) is not the right name. The real name is xiao-shen-tou. The standing style in xiao-shen-tou is for trainers to keep the balance during fighting. So, you have to relax when you do it. However, “relax” has a different meaning from the understanding in the western countries. If you can’t understand how to relax, how to stand, you can just ask a lady to stand in Wing Chun style. Then you’ll see “ rising bottom” is really necessary or not.

2. The “nian-power”.
    It came from “xiao-nian-tou”’s “nian”. As I said, “nian” is mistakely taken from “shen”. Wing Chun has a special power form. That is a kind of breaking power and “bridge power”.(Bruce Lee was the one who can do the breaking power, but he was not the one who learnt the whole Wing Chun. So he didn’t gain the “bridge power”.) xiao-nian-tou is the basic way for trainees to get the Wing Chun power.Also you can be trained how to move your fists, where to see, how to keep your balance while do it. That’s the reason why I said here was no “nian-power”. You have to calm down and think nothing while you do “xiao-nian-tou”. You must get used to let your brain control your muscle.

3. You don’t need any power while doing Wing Chun
    This must be a big lie!! In Kung Fu, the power is the most important thing! Those “ Masters” just don’t understand what is “relax”, so they told people no power is needed in Wing Chun.

4. The beginning of xiao-nian-tou is some skill for defense
    When you begin the xiao-nian-tou or xun-qiao(chum kiu), you will start with a same movement. We call it “Qi Shi”. “Qi Shi” is not for fighting, but as a symbol of the rebels many years ago(Qing Dynasty). So when a “Master” tell you that you can use “Qi Shi” to defend the kick, Be Careful, he/ she might not really understand Wing Chun.

5.Direct Punch
    Especially the continuously punching are always done in the “cross way”. Direct punch is the hardest part in Wing Chun. Because you shouldn’t move your shoulders for ward and you should do it as your arms moving independently. Also, you have to let your fists have the Wing Chun power at the same time. So, basically no body can do it. Punch is like a race car running in to the target, not like the pump pushing the water. In Wing Chun style, you can’t do punches in “cross way”, because there are at least 3 ways in Wing Chun to break through the centre line. This kind of “cross way” will be defeated by those “break through the centre line” skills and you’ll get yourself killed.

Quote Originally Posted by andysken View Post
    Most Mistakenly Taken Points In Wing Chun Part1
    Wrote by Sifu Pun(Lance Pun)
    Translated by Andy(Ah Yuan)
    Copy Right: Pik-Wah Wing Chun

I haven’t paid Attention to how was Wing Chun taught by now for years. About 2 years ago. I read something on it and found there were so much mistake through other so called “Masters”. (You can think through it as reading my essay. But if you think I’m wrong, just take this essay as a joke.)
    Some “Masters” say:“When we stand to do xiao-nian-tou( Sil Lim Tau), we must rise up our bottom.” This is terrify!!(Well, Gays must be very glad anyway) . Wing Chun is not Tie-xian kyn( Iron fist). Not Xing-yi kyn either. If you do rise your bottom, you’ll have two stiff legs. This will make you can’t walk fast in Wing Chun style.( It’s not strange, because “Masters” these days can hardly understand how to do the Wing Chun walk, which we call “Zou Ma”)
    The xiao-nian-tou( Sil Lim Tau) is not the right name. The real name is xiao-shen-tou. The standing style in xiao-shen-tou is for trainers to keep the balance during fighting. So, you have to relax when you do it. However, “relax” has a different meaning from the understanding in the western countries. If you can’t understand how to relax, how to stand, you can just ask a lady to stand in Wing Chun style. Then you’ll see “ rising bottom” is really necessary or not.

2. The “nian-power”.
    It came from “xiao-nian-tou”’s “nian”. As I said, “nian” is mistakely taken from “shen”. Wing Chun has a special power form. That is a kind of breaking power and “bridge power”.(Bruce Lee was the one who can do the breaking power, but he was not the one who learnt the whole Wing Chun. So he didn’t gain the “bridge power”.) xiao-nian-tou is the basic way for trainees to get the Wing Chun power.Also you can be trained how to move your fists, where to see, how to keep your balance while do it. That’s the reason why I said here was no “nian-power”. You have to calm down and think nothing while you do “xiao-nian-tou”. You must get used to let your brain control your muscle.

3. You don’t need any power while doing Wing Chun
    This must be a big lie!! In Kung Fu, the power is the most important thing! Those “ Masters” just don’t understand what is “relax”, so they told people no power is needed in Wing Chun.

4. The beginning of xiao-nian-tou is some skill for defense
    When you begin the xiao-nian-tou or xun-qiao(chum kiu), you will start with a same movement. We call it “Qi Shi”. “Qi Shi” is not for fighting, but as a symbol of the rebels many years ago(Qing Dynasty). So when a “Master” tell you that you can use “Qi Shi” to defend the kick, Be Careful, he/ she might not really understand Wing Chun.

5.Direct Punch
    Especially the continuously punching are always done in the “cross way”. Direct punch is the hardest part in Wing Chun. Because you shouldn’t move your shoulders for ward and you should do it as your arms moving independently. Also, you have to let your fists have the Wing Chun power at the same time. So, basically no body can do it. Punch is like a race car running in to the target, not like the pump pushing the water. In Wing Chun style, you can’t do punches in “cross way”, because there are at least 3 ways in Wing Chun to break through the centre line. This kind of “cross way” will be defeated by those “break through the centre line” skills and you’ll get yourself killed.
    Hilarious shot about gay people, feel empowered now?