Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1174

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Actually, no they do not. They reserve the right to do what they want with their own schools flavour of Wing Chun, but even the Foshan based Sifus I have met do not feel the need to join Chin Woo. Work with them sometimes, yes! But be under their banner?? Not needed. They are all independent and 'banner free'.

Dude, Ip Man was from Foshan and anyone learning from his lineage is connected to this 'authentic' TCMA Wing Chun you are talking about. We just have different ways of expressing that.

Being a Wing Chun student and practitioner doesn't seem to hold the same meaning for most. It isn't something you 'add-on' to your array of MMA training, something that Chin Woo and even China itself is known to promote these days.

And no, I haven't checked your new website but feel free to leave a link.
    OK, man, don't waste your time on quarreling with him. The Dudes from Chin Woo are always talking instead of training, so they are the so called "Masters"(That's also why when I translate Sifu in English I use "Masters"). You and me are not, we are focusing on training, right? On debate,we can't win. But on fighting, we won't lose. Cherish the time~

Quote Originally Posted by andysken View Post
    OK, man, don't waste your time on quarreling with him. The Dudes from Chin Woo are always talking instead of training, so they are the so called "Masters"(That's also why when I translate Sifu in English I use "Masters"). You and me are not, we are focusing on training, right? On debate,we can't win. But on fighting, we won't lose. Cherish the time~
    You are right I focus on training and have been trying my hardest actually for some time to stop posting online, especially here, as my time is pretty much wasted trying to share what I do.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

千千语说詠春拳(完整版 last part) English Ver.

Wrote by Sifu Pun(Lance Pun)
    Translated by Andy(Ah Yuan)
    Copy Right: Pik-Wah Wing Chun

Chi-sao, in Wing is for trainers to fix to the right angles and learn how to control the different parts of body at the same time. So Chi-sao is only a short period of time in the training. Also, Chi-sao is not the small fighting. Chi-sao is for the same root of Kung Fu while small fighting or we call “communicational fighting” is between two kinds of Kung Fu. But those “Masters” these days don’t understand this, so they ask their apprentices to do it without power. Then the Chi-sao became something like a game, so that it can’t really help the trainers.
    “Gain the power from the ground and ‘one horse back’(腰马合一)”, nearly every “Master” will say this. In the traditional Kung Fu, it’s true. But in Wing Chun, it’s wrong. As I said, Wing Chun is another system. So you can’t use the mind of traditional Kung Fu mind to try to analyze it. In the traditional Kung Fu way, the power comes from the standing steady on the ground. But Wing Chun is like standing on a steel line(like perform on the tightrope)keeping steady and divide your body into at least 2 parts. Traditional way is for hitting one direction. Wing Chun is for more( at least 3 directions). In the straight direction, Wing Chun asks going through while traditional Kung Fu asks hitting on the target. If you do “one horse back”, you can never get your power gone through the opponent’s body. Wing Chun asks the upper-half independent from the legs. The legs turn 45 degrees while the upper turns 90 degrees. So, it can’t be one but divided.

The END

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    You are right I focus on training and have been trying my hardest actually for some time to stop posting online, especially here, as my time is pretty much wasted trying to share what I do.
    I know that, thank you. But I have my issues so I can't go to Lance Pun's place very often. Instead, I have to read his essay to understand how to do it in the right way. And as I can speak English, I asked him what about translating his essays into English. He said OK, so I'm on this. Anyway, I will save time for my own training of course.
    Hope you can do your best! Best wishes.

Not talking about Chin Woo. Talking about preserving TCMA WingChun, free from interpretation of the style developed in Foshan, China.

[QUOTE=andysken;1227542]Wrote by Sifu Pun(Lance Pun)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    A quick forum visit.-Andy- thx for your translations. good to have perspectives from the Ng Chan line of wing chun.

Palmstriker thanks for many of your links. Interesting.

But it is Ip man who really advanced wing chun...many others have been trying to get on the bandwagon. I know that the inheritance from Ip man is uneven.

Many breaks in mainland lines because of the era of Mao. In spite of Mao some real kung fu survived here and there. Example- Chen village-though some Chen stylists also suffered under Mao specially in the Cultural Revolution. Now they are trying to revive via sanda etc.Not the same thing.

.In Hong kong and Macao-wing chun (and some other styles)continuity was maintained. Chin Woo and others are playing catch up. Lots of borrowing apparently going on -on the mainland.Sum Nun preserved his version. No criticism or debate intended. Just opinions. Each to his own path, Cheers good wishes and out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Not talking about Chin Woo. Talking about preserving TCMA WingChun, free from interpretation of the style developed in Foshan, China.
    Forgive me... I thought Chin Woo and their Wing Chun heritage was exactly what you were talking about??

Who do you know today that has this interpretation of TCMA Wing Chun you mean? I only know of the mainland guys like Cho family, Fung family and the Yuen family in Vietnam (although there are a few others too) but please share what you know...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by HybridWarrior View Post
    Andysken, Are all of your english translations contained in one central location for reading? Or are they only scattered throughout this thread? Would like to read them all from start to finish once you are done translating(?). Thank you.
    PS: cool logo!
    Well, basicly when I have time I will translate part by part. And eveypart will be title like "Discussion On Wing Chun Again Part1" to"Discussion On Wing Chun Again last part". These make a whole essay. Posting these words are limited by 800words once, so I can't put all at same time.

The headstream of Wing Chun Power

As everyone knows, Muscle is the headstream of the human power. When the muscle shrinks in a very short time, body can get a great power. There are about 600 pieces of muscle on human’s body. These pieces are short or long, they can shrink and stretch, can bend and turn. All these movements are controlled by the brain. Without the muscle, human can do nothing. A piece of Muscle is made from numbers of myocyte. Muscle can be named by the function and the places in the biology field. A powerful man equals a man who has a set of powerful muscle and understand how to use it. That’s why the bodybuilders can’t gain the power continuously for long time even they have a set of very heavy one.
    In the martial arts, especially in Wing Chun, the muscle shrinking progress is very important. According to the data, if 6cm(square) of the muscle shrink at the same time, it can lift 20kg~60kg things. And some scientists found that, if all of the human’s muscle(about 300 billion myocyte) shrink on the same direction, the power can be above 25T. From the data of the research, a healthy young man can get 50% bigger muscle through a half year training. Of course, muscle is controlled by the brain thus, when one is in danger, he/she will be more concentrate than usual so that the muscle is stimulated more and can get the greater power to save him/herself. That’s exactly what Wing Chun asks for.

As everyone knows, Muscle is the headstream of the human power. When the muscle shrinks in a very short time, body can get a great power. There are about 600 pieces of muscle on human’s body. These pieces are short or long, they can shrink and stretch, can bend and turn. All these movements are controlled by the brain. Without the muscle, human can do nothing. A piece of Muscle is made from numbers of myocyte. Muscle can be named by the function and the places in the biology field. A powerful man equals a man who has a set of powerful muscle and understand how to use it. That’s why the bodybuilders can’t gain the power continuously for long time even they have a set of very heavy one.
    In the martial arts, especially in Wing Chun, the muscle shrinking progress is very important. According to the data, if 6cm(square) of the muscle shrink at the same time, it can lift 20kg~60kg things. And some scientists found that, if all of the human’s muscle(about 300 billion myocyte) shrink on the same direction, the power can be above 25T. From the data of the research, a healthy young man can get 50% bigger muscle through a half year training. Of course, muscle is controlled by the brain thus, when one is in danger, he/she will be more concentrate than usual so that the muscle is stimulated more and can get the greater power to save him/herself. That’s exactly what Wing Chun asks for.
    By shrinking do you mean contracting?

Power in martial arts is not so simple unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by tc101 View Post
    By shrinking do you mean contracting?

Power in martial arts is not so simple unfortunately.
    Yeah, contract your muscle and release. That's how to do the so called "Inch punch", although this is the basic power in the Wing Chun system in the traditional way.

Yeah, contract your muscle and release. That's how to do the so called "Inch punch", although this is the basic power in the Wing Chun system in the traditional way.
    This was also described as 'pinching' or 'squeezing' in the old days too(apparently!) hence why our foundation practise was called Yee Jii KIM Yeung Ma
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

I got it. A easier way to explain the headstream of Wing Chun power is that The power is not gained by the distance you move your arm like other Kung Fu or boxing. The power is from the controlling of your brain, or should I say how much myocyte can you put on the same direction and stimulate it in the same time.

Please translate... :)

Master Ng Chan explaining some stuff... He mentions W...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIBztX1EEVM
    Last edited by Jox; 08-20-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Sejour a Paris

Hello,

Je seraii present a Paris du 28 novembre au 5 decembre.
    Si vous etes interesses par une rencontre ,contactez moi

Cordialement