Page 77 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1174

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    I'm not really into all the historical rubbish but that last part makes good sense.

The film series Yip Man (although a good watch) has not done Wing Chun any favours IMO. I knew that would happen when I saw who the fight choreographers were.

The center line theory is commonly misunderstood and misinterpreted as are most of the concepts in the system. Asking the question as to why most WC practitioners hold their arms on the center is a good one.
    Yeah, I don't like the history either. You know, it is too long and nearly none of the history is the real whole things happened in the past. But, well just take it as as a story or a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    People like this prefer to stick to their own fantasies, than to go out and, heaven forbid, find out their method doesn't work!

They'll boldly invite people in, because most likely no one is going to travel that far for something they think isn't worth a second look on the computer.

Which reminds me, I don't know why am back on this thread. Dude never showed in Shanghai when he was "coming for business".
    I will go to Shang Hai, tomorrow, if you have time, we can meet on 13th this month.

Quote Originally Posted by LFJ View Post
    People like this prefer to stick to their own fantasies, than to go out and, heaven forbid, find out their method doesn't work!

They'll boldly invite people in, because most likely no one is going to travel that far for something they think isn't worth a second look on the computer.

Which reminds me, I don't know why am back on this thread. Dude never showed in Shanghai when he was "coming for business".
    also,14th this month can be a choice.

千千语说詠春拳(完整版part3) English Ver.

Wrote by Sifu Pun(Lance Pun)
    Translated by Andy(Ah Yuan)
    Copy Right: Pik-Wah Wing Chun

The other thing which is very popular these days is “Chi-Sao”. Nowadays “Masters” regard it as a very important game when they want to show they are good at Wing Chun. If you do Chi-Sao powerfully with the “Masters” so that they can’t control you, they will ask you do not use any power. Even in this way, these “Masters” still can’t beat you by the power and they will say this is very moral and they will call this “True skills will never ask for strength”. And people believe in that phrase then made the “Yip-man” movie. In the movie, Yip-man hit the opponent dozens of punches but the opponent was still standing. But this is not true. The stupidest thing is: when the “Masters” are beaten, they would say that they didn’t learn the whole parts of Wing Chun at 20s, then say they are too busy at their 30s, say they are too old to fight at 40s, after they are 50s, they will discuss about the “moral”. So the “Masters” lives are all about talking but fighting. You really want to go to learn this kind of Wing Chun? Oh, don’t tell me they beat the apprentices, look at the Chi-Sao and think hard, you will find the answer yourself.
    In the Kung Fu, there is not another one like Wing Chun nowadays. Just studying by the video or even self-learning, some people will say themselves are the “Masters”. And every class will get a set of Wooden Dummy( with the sponge “coat”), the sand bags, a pair of stupid knives and a shrunk stick. Also, there are too many “Masters” . Unfortunately, in Wing Chun, here’s no so called “Masters” but the “candidate”.
    If you want to talk about Wing Chun, you must understand the background well. Wu-Mei and Yan-Wingchun should be called the pioneer of the female rebellions. During the cold weapon times, the powerful Kung Fu made sure that they can beat anyone. In the rebellions, there were spies, traitors. The one who became the guardian, must have the 100% certain to beat them no matter how powerful they were. Wu-Mei and Yan-Wingchun found the best way to use human body as a weapon, this is the Wing Chun system.

千千语说詠春拳(完整版part4) English Ver.

Wrote by Sifu Pun(Lance Pun)
    Translated by Andy(Ah Yuan)
    Copy Right: Pik-Wah Wing Chun

Yan Wingchun followed the spirit of the rebellions and with the tough mind used the “system” to train herself to be a killing machine. For the mission, the “system” became a very cruel one so the candidate can use all parts of body as weapons. But the “system” is too hard to follow, even many male can’t finish it.
    The philosophy behind Wing Chun was led by the killing purpose without the “moral”. Only train hard and fight without sympathy will lead one to kill others.
    The “system” asks the geometry, so every movement requires strict measurement, the deviation should be controlled within 1cm and 1 degree(on the angle point). But this made many people doubt before I was back to China. Today, the people who are learning in Pik-Wah understand it better. Wing Chun discontents the so called “every master has his own way”, ”just relax, don’t put any power in” “this way is OK, too”. Also, Wing Chun has opposite conception to the traditional Chinese way: Wing Chun is not for making good shape. If anyone try to understand Wing Chun in the old Kung Fu way, he/she will find the dead end. Think about the so called “center line” theory, “raising your hip”, “the weak beats the strong” hardly, you will know they are untrue. If Yip-man did this, how can he beat someone stronger? Learning Wing Chun, you have to have a clear mind, don’t follow the others’ word easily. In the fighting, “the weak beats the strong” is called luck. But Wing Chun is for killing. Depending on luck is just like waiting on a good harvest with working hard. So Wing Chun makes the trainer stronger than anyone

Are you making this stuff up as you go? First of all, your Wingchun is pretty much inspired, initially , anyway, by Yip Man Hong Kong style Wing Chun. (That is the credible part). Your mutated declarations, on and on... are food for thought, at best. Times have changed, in any case. WingChun Kungfu did not develop out of a vacuum. There was Kungfu martial base already in practice that was used to create the WingChun fighting system in Southern China.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 04-29-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmStriker View Post
    Are you making this stuff up as you go? First of all, your Wingchun is pretty much inspired, initially , anyway, by Yip Man Hong Kong style Wing Chun. (That is the credible part). Your mutated declarations, on and on... are food for thought, at best. Times have changed, in any case. WingChun Kungfu did not develop out of a vacuum. There was Kungfu martial base already in practice that was used to create the WingChun fighting system in Southern China.
    I don't mean to make everyone believe what I translated. I only hope someone who have clear mind so that can doubt things and try to find out which is the truth. Of course, people can easily believe in "Masters", but think clearly, who can live without telling a lie? Truth has nonconnection to the title of people. Lie is lie, truth is truth. We encourage people to doubt and think hard.

I appreciate your passion for Combat TCMA WingChun, Andy. Your school looks first rate with plenty of training space. I am only putting forth the standard issue invitation from those lineages in Foshan that have a desire to promote that which they have originally developed into a Worldwide practice. http://www.fschinwoo.com/en/a4.htm

Very interesting comment, and seeing as you seem to be presenting Chin Woo in Foshan, can they tell us all who created our system?? Can the Masters there today share what they know about the Wing Chun most widely practised in the World today??

I ask because Chin Woo seems a little preoccupied promoting Wushu moreso these days, especially in the West... they have had no influence on our system in the UK whatsoever since the early 1960s!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Considering the fact that the WingChun families in Foshan had to establish the TCMA Style name of WingChun as non-patent/copyright Domain in the first place, they maintain the right to determine what is or isn't WingChun. Any cheezemo could claim lineage from the Foshan families, claim to be a "franchise" and swindle the unsuspecting. Nobody is collecting "dues" here but integrity is at the forefront on this issue. Have you visited my new website? WingDing Cho FeelsGood.com? Authentic TCMA WingChun from the 3 Heros of Foshan.

Quote: I ask because Chin Woo seems a little preoccupied promoting Wushu moreso these days, especially in the West... they have had no influence on our system in the UK whatsoever since the early 1960s! Yes, they are not much in the business on meddling.

Quote Originally Posted by andysken View Post
    I don't mean to make everyone believe what I translated. I only hope someone who have clear mind so that can doubt things and try to find out which is the truth. Of course, people can easily believe in "Masters", but think clearly, who can live without telling a lie? Truth has nonconnection to the title of people. Lie is lie, truth is truth. We encourage people to doubt and think hard.
    Andy, everybody saw the truth when you posted your clips . I've only just stopped laughing.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by wingchunIan View Post
    Andy, everybody saw the truth when you posted your clips . I've only just stopped laughing.
    Laugh as you want and while you can. I said, we encourage people to think.

Considering the fact that the WingChun families in Foshan had to establish the TCMA Style name of WingChun as non-patent/copyright Domain in the first place, they maintain the right to determine what is or isn't WingChun. Any cheezemo could claim lineage from the Foshan families, claim to be a "franchise" and swindle the unsuspecting. Nobody is collecting "dues" here but integrity is at the forefront on this issue. Have you visited my new website? WingDing Cho FeelsGood.com? Authentic TCMA WingChun from the 3 Heros of Foshan.
    Don't take it as you Chin Woo dudes have so called "Kung Fu". May I ask you, how many hours do you dudes put on training, instead of talking while drinking tea? How much effort do you make while you are "training"? If it's not the name "Chin Woo", how many people will believe you guys? Think hardly. Are you guys living on naming, or the true fists?

Considering the fact that the WingChun families in Foshan had to establish the TCMA Style name of WingChun as non-patent/copyright Domain in the first place, they maintain the right to determine what is or isn't WingChun.
    Actually, no they do not. They reserve the right to do what they want with their own schools flavour of Wing Chun, but even the Foshan based Sifus I have met do not feel the need to join Chin Woo. Work with them sometimes, yes! But be under their banner?? Not needed. They are all independent and 'banner free'.

Any cheezemo could claim lineage from the Foshan families, claim to be a "franchise" and swindle the unsuspecting. Nobody is collecting "dues" here but integrity is at the forefront on this issue. Have you visited my new website? WingDing Cho FeelsGood.com? Authentic TCMA WingChun from the 3 Heros of Foshan...
    Dude, Ip Man was from Foshan and anyone learning from his lineage is connected to this 'authentic' TCMA Wing Chun you are talking about. We just have different ways of expressing that.

Being a Wing Chun student and practitioner doesn't seem to hold the same meaning for most. It isn't something you 'add-on' to your array of MMA training, something that Chin Woo and even China itself is known to promote these days.

And no, I haven't checked your new website but feel free to leave a link.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術