Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

There is no real input - it's become yet another "we've got the real wing chun" claim without any specifics to back it up. But I'm offering MOSHE the chance to get specific, especially since there is another story from another lineage that runs very parallel.

Sorry, but when he makes statements like the "basic movements" one he made - I want to see backup evidence.

William Cheung has said that the Leung Bik version of wing chun he learned (which he now calls TWC) was the authentic wing chun, and if I may paraphrase his claims: these (TWC) movements are the "basic movments of wing chun that are the most efficient."

EXACTLY WHAT MOSHE IS SAYING ABOUT NG CHAN'S WING CHUN.

Okay, but MOSHE also says that Ng Chan's wing chun is very different from William Cheung's TWC in its "basic movements".

Fine, but now it's time to back that up with some details/specifics/evidence. You see, whether you agree with William Cheung's assessment of the TWC "difference" or not (and you don't have to agree)...

and regardless of whether or not you believe William Cheung's story as to where TWC came from...

at least he's shown the world what this "TWC" wing chun system looks like; and yes, in many ways it is different than what the rest of Yip Man's students were doing - regardless of whether or not someone deems those differences as better or worse .

So If you're going to make claims like these - you need to at least show people what you're talking about.

Otherwise, it's nothing but talk.

So this doesn't have to be a William Cheung vs. Ng Chan debate - but simply a conversation that includes full disclosure.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 04-12-2010 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks for your post, Raymond. Could you ask your dad if he knows which year (or years) was it that Ng Chan lived with Yip Man?

I wanted to add my thanks for your post -Raymond.

joy chaudhuri

Me too, whilst I am not interested in the politics, I love the history/stories/memories to be passed on about WC/VT etc.

Thanks again.

iv no much time right now to answer you in detail
    im not trying to polemic
    so please feel relax
    and again sorry for my english ,which one give a special tone to my writing

i trained 20 years with ki ping pun and met as well ng chan several time and pratised with him

i have benchmarks in order to evaluate wing chun that perhaps you dont have
    i have seen practising others like w c ...
    my purpose is not to try to demolish other wing chun ,every one has to be happy with what he receive

but dont forget that all these masters have created commercial system that is opposite to the uniqueness of wing chun .which one is a style ,hiden behind the door

so what i was proposing ,is to give you rules or concepts that should help to evoluate your own wing chun
    if you read me again ,and analyse it with calm ,you will be in a better situation to question yourself

i cannot teach wing chun through the forum ,describing each technic of ng chan and even worst ,to compare it to others.
    let us try to be at a higher level, and try to exchange concept
    example :
    i was saying that the movements should provide leverage ,to provide a feminine force,and to allow you to be close if front of your opponent
    to allow as well a continuous flow of movements without break that should cause to go to develop phycical force (masculine force), to allow as to drive the opponent arms
    if your movements respect this ,thats good .if not try to correct it

regards

Yeah, okay...whatever.

but dont forget that all these masters have created commercial system that is opposite to the uniqueness of wing chun .which one is a style ,hiden behind the door
    That speaks volumes.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

MOSHE,
    Are you currently teaching Wing Chun in France?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    that speaks volumes.
    im not familiar with this expression (im french) ,what does this mean please ?

Quote Originally Posted by yellow aster View Post
    moshe,
    are you currently teaching wing chun in france?
    right now im not located in france ,and i do have a small group of students

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    im not familiar with this expression (im french) ,what does this mean please ?
    It means that when someone starts talking about
    "masters have created commercial system that is opposite to the uniqueness of wing chun .which one is a style ,hidden behind the door ",
    they are basically stating the tired and used " We have the real WC" crap that is heard over and over again.
    Of course, YOU wouldn't do anything like that, would you?
    You would never sell your students a fake version of WC?
    You would give your hard working dedicated students all that the need to survive in a fight, right?
    But not these other "commercial sifus", no they created a fake and commercial WC, not the REAL one that you have, right?

interesting albeit some what farfetched story

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    It means that when someone starts talking about
    "masters have created commercial system that is opposite to the uniqueness of wing chun .which one is a style ,hidden behind the door ",
    they are basically stating the tired and used " We have the real WC" crap that is heard over and over again.
    Of course, YOU wouldn't do anything like that, would you?
    You would never sell your students a fake version of WC?
    You would give your hard working dedicated students all that the need to survive in a fight, right?
    But not these other "commercial sifus", no they created a fake and commercial WC, not the REAL one that you have, right?
    thats life !!!
    some are blessed with the best ,and others differently !
    you can decide to receive my post like you are writing ,but you could have choose another way ,and try to understand the new pespective that i was trying to open for others.

Riiiiight...

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    thats life !!!
    some are blessed with the best ,and others differently !
    you can decide to receive my post like you are writing ,but you could have choose another way ,and try to understand the new pespective that i was trying to open for others.
    You offered NO perspective for others, you offered nothing new under the sun, as the say goes.
    You sound condesending and it sounds like you were insinuating that what everyone else was taught was commercial and not the real WC.
    And like everyone else that things that way about anything without knowing EVERYTHING, you are wrong, period.