Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Would I be right in assuming this is similar to Ng Chans style??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSQ_ubkcdfA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe7y4...el_video_title
    hello

no Spencer ,there is nothing similar to ng chan

or let say nothing similar to leung bik,because im seeing thats this guy learned from kwok fu as well

regards

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    no that at all,we just informed (as well in a chinese post not translated) that WC has gone too far away from the original,and of course even from the sha wah son version so we hinted things in order to help people to see more clearly in the teaching they are receiving

i have just meant that the persons telling you that were exegarating,and had perhaps a commercial purpose
    Unfortunately, you not saying anything different than they, nor have yet to offer anything to cause what you are saying to be interpreted any differently.

i over-estimated the ability of abstraction and extrapolation of some to analyse these posts the right way. plus this is also due to my way to formulate it in english

it wasnot the purpose, the truth has to come from somewere ,at least and i dont ask to say thanks for what was disclosed . but people want to have a defensive stance and not being open mind ,i dont mind
    It seems to me your English is good enough to get your ideas across. Also, the abstraction and extrapolation capabilities needed to analyze your posts are alive and well in this forum. With a lack of evidence, to move towards what you consider "the right way" of interpretation would require discarding such abilities.

Truth without evidence is blind faith. Unfortunately, you are not forthcoming with evidence or proof. It isn't a "defensive stance" nor not being of "open mind" to ask for something so reasonable. In fact, it is unreasonable to avoid such requests.

its too dangerous to open the more direct technics to too much people
    To what or to who would it be too dangerous?

when ,i will come to NY ,we will meet first friendly together.
    Could you please clarify why should I want to meet you?

no need for a quorum,i dont want to stress anything, i dont play the game of the provocation ,i just inform and i can perform too .
    i dont even not understand this negative aspect ,for people to feel frustrated ,if they are hearing something different that they are used too
    You misunderstand. Again, what I propose would be a free exchange of ideas among your peers - a very friendly environment. In fact, it would create the conditions for a potentially profound positive result. What I propose is not born of frustration. As I envision with the input you claim to possess, it would be impossible for such a meeting of the minds to have a hint of a negative outcome for you or anyone else involved. It would be a shame if you declined such a generous offer. Again, contact me via private message with your contact information to discuss these details.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 09-15-2011 at 02:37 PM.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jox View Post
    Student of Ng Chan wing chun performing siu lim tao.

http://static.youku.com/v1.0.0187/v/...Y2MzQCAg%3D%3D

Jox, :-)
    no jum sao...

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    no jum sao...
    You're so funny Kev

Quote Originally Posted by jox View Post

Jox, :-)
    Hi Jox! And thanks for posting the clip.

I see many familiarities with most other modern branches of Ip Man Wing Chun, but the main differences (I see!) isn't just the 'no jum sau', it's the apparent 'non-folding' under of the hands during the hoi sik and 2nd set (transition from seung lansau to chumsau) which for me indicates a weaponry practitioner

Good stuff, if only it was a more advanced practitioner...
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    You're so funny Kev

Hi Jox! And thanks for posting the clip.

I see many familiarities with most other modern branches of Ip Man Wing Chun, but the main differences (I see!) isn't just the 'no jum sau', it's the apparent 'non-folding' under of the hands during the hoi sik and 2nd set (transition from seung lansau to chumsau) which for me indicates a weaponry practitioner

Good stuff, if only it was a more advanced practitioner...
    I cant see the thinking being developed, but the lack of jum sao makes a huge difference to the available options.

"Chum Sau" ??????????????????????????

David Peterson Siu Lim Tao
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFxCUi0CXrw

Many similarities here too, but also some major differences. Still, I don't look at that as good or bad, just different.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Well why don't you show us how it's done then, Moshe. That way we will be able to better appreciate the Ng Chan version.

The movements are just approximatives
    Could you explain please moshe.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Could you explain please moshe.
    The guy on the video from jox is just a beginner ,and his movements are wrong

To answer to the question if a movement is missing ,the way I understand it
    It seems to be that this jum Sao have a direction going down
    If it's the case , we don't have this kind of movement considering that's its
    an opposing used of the strength and useless to pressure the opponent and to used his own strength against him

We do have tiat, tiam or wu Sao for this kind of situation
    Last edited by MOSHE; 09-25-2011 at 10:59 PM.

The guy is just a beginner ,and his movements are wrong

an opposing used of the strength and useless to pressure the opponent and to used his own strength against him

And it go's on and on and on.

53 pages in and its like a broken record..... "my lineage is best yours is wrong, my lineage is best yours is wrong, my lineage is best yours is wrong, my lineage is best yours is wrong................"

I think the only reason you guys are putting up with him is because you think he might FINALLY bring out some insight into his secret WC, i mean Graham just said please FGS, but he's not going to. He hasnt yet... and he's not about to start

Sure he might make the occasional interesting historical reflection but he's never going to put up a vid or show in NYC.

And now he calls DP a beginner.............. sheesh!

The guy is just a beginner ,and his movements are wrong

Moshe,

As much as I have appreciated the history lesson from your previous articles, I would prefer to refrain from commenting by giving you the benefit of doubt, However your recent post as above made me take back that thought.

You are like the 100th people that says the same thing, that YOU and ONLY YOUR LINEAGE have the TRUE 詠春... and in the Chinese articles, it does nothing but try to promote the person writing that he has the ONLY true art and everyone else has the fake stuff. What concerned me was, in that articles, it went out about how SIFU WSL did stuff wrong etc... HOWEVER why was the articles written AFTER sifu has passed away and not before?? I am sure if they had something to say, they should say it when SIFU WSL was still alive, so that he can perhaps explain why he does things the way he did.

As for saying that the DP is a beginner, um.. Unless you have something to show us otherwise, I would assume you are a beginner as well. Being critical of DP based on a youtube video is ignorant. For someone like you who have learned VT for years, you SHOULD know better than that. Without understanding WSL or other SIFU's VT Concept and then trashing it based on videos does nothing but to show that you do self promotion by putting someone else down.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    And it go's on and on and on.

53 pages in and its like a broken record..... "my lineage is best yours is wrong, my lineage is best yours is wrong, my lineage is best yours is wrong, my lineage is best yours is wrong................"

I think the only reason you guys are putting up with him is because you think he might FINALLY bring out some insight into his secret WC, i mean Graham just said please FGS, but he's not going to. He hasnt yet... and he's not about to start

Sure he might make the occasional interesting historical reflection but he's never going to put up a vid or show in NYC.

And now he calls DP a beginner.............. sheesh!
    NO

THERE IS A MISUNDERSTANDING
    I WAS ANSWERING ABOUT THE GUY IN THE VIDEO FROM JOX

Last edited by MOSHE; 09-26-2011 at 12:22 AM.

[
    As for saying that the DP is a beginner, um.. Unless you have something to show us otherwise, I would assume you are a beginner as well. Being critical of DP based on a youtube video is ignorant. For someone like you who have learned VT for years, you SHOULD know better than that. Without understanding WSL or other SIFU's VT Concept and then trashing it based on videos does nothing but to show that you do self promotion by putting someone else down.[/QUOTE]

NO

THERE IS A MISUNDERSTANDING
    I WAS ANSWERING ABOUT THE GUY IN THE VIDEO FROM JOX, WHO CLAIMS TO BE A STUDENT OF NG CHAN

Last edited by MOSHE; 09-26-2011 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean66 View Post
    Well why don't you show us how it's done then, Moshe. That way we will be able to better appreciate the Ng Chan version.
    NO

THERE IS A MISUNDERStanding
    I WAS ANSWERING ABOUT THE GUY IN THE VIDEO FROM JOX

Last edited by MOSHE; 09-26-2011 at 12:21 AM.