Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Links don't work Moshe.

Quote Originally Posted by graham h View Post
    links don't work moshe.
    look at the precedent link posted by jox
    thanks

No there is no misunderstanding on my part. I know you were talking about the other guy and not David Peterson.

And I want to se YOU doing your version of SLT.

Quote Originally Posted by sean66 View Post
    no there is no misunderstanding on my part. I know you were talking about the other guy and not david peterson.

And i want to se you doing your version of slt.
    you want or you wish !!!

Come to visit me ,i pay back the trip if you are disappointed

i dont want to post A modified version of our slt ,AND if we post the original one ,asap few people will copy it and claim that they do the same without any understanding of it

so if you are curious ,just make the effort to travel, of course i dont charge anything for this kind of meeting

a bientot

Quote Originally Posted by MOSHE View Post
    i dont want to post A modified version of our slt ,AND if we post the original one ,asap few people will copy it and claim that they do the same without any understanding of it
    I am pretty sure that if you did put up a clip of whatever version of SLT you want, it would be criticized beyond belief before anybody considered copying it and selling it off as their own! But I know what you mean.

I also find it concerning that you say 'modified'
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by lonetiger108 View Post
    i am pretty sure that if you did put up a clip of whatever version of slt you want, it would be criticized beyond belief before anybody considered copying it and selling it off as their own! but i know what you mean.

I also find it concerning that you say 'modified' :d
    we have echo from friends in china that the fashion is to learn from videos and after to teach for money

we have echo from friends in china that the fashion is to learn from videos and after to teach for money
    I have heard the same, this is easy for most to do in China especially if they have a wushu degree! And then of course you had the Ip Man nmovie phenomenom that didn't help.

It really couldn't happen too much here in the UK because we do have plenty of older practitioners spread around who know how to spot the video tapes brigade!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    David Peterson Siu Lim Tao
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFxCUi0CXrw

Many similarities here too, but also some major differences. Still, I don't look at that as good or bad, just different.
    I see Jum sao

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    I see Jum sao
    I would hope so too Kev!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Why Post a video of you using the WC the right way against a fighter from another style or art...

then we can see how your WC moves...Showing SLT form or any of the hand forms is useless. Show us how you fight!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Show us how you fight!
    Why? What is it you hope to discover by seeing that?

I think anyone that is versed in Wing Chun can decide to fight any way they like, or at least that's what I have seen over the years. Principles and methods are adapted to each individual, so there doesn't seem to be a unified approach to fighting with Wing Chun, which is cool imho as it just makes us all that little bit more unpredictable

Showing how Tan Da works in a one-step environment against a Karate guys lunge punch is a little bit eighties really but I guess you're asking to see a fight, not scenario based techniques?
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Why Post a video of you using the WC the right way against a fighter from another style or art...

then we can see how your WC moves...Showing SLT form or any of the hand forms is useless. Show us how you fight!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Best not to go off track. Moshe's post set off for the most part a nice discussion on wing chun
    forms, training and techniques. There are many ways to fight.
    While Moshe thinks that Ng Chan was the main person who got the real deal- I disagree.
    But the discussion and Chee's translations brings out the important work of a first generation Ip man student.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Best not to go off track. Moshe's post set off for the most part a nice discussion on wing chun
    forms, training and techniques. There are many ways to fight.
    While Moshe thinks that Ng Chan was the main person who got the real deal- I disagree.
    But the discussion and Chee's translations brings out the important work of a first generation Ip man student.

joy chaudhuri
    hello

i just learned from my sifu who is in china that kwok fu has been bring to hospital .
    His last student told him that ng chan few years ago has been there to vist him. his student who was present at each meeting told my sifu that he understood that ng chan was the only one from HK WHO RECEIVED ....

i didnt want to answer to the kind of question above about fighting ,but i will tell that fighting for real in wimg chun has no common point at all with the kind of video i saw in others threads ( they look like muy thai and kick boxing, lokk the arms and the way to move...)

a real master will try to finish the fight in 2 or 3 movements , he will try to hide his technics seeming to do something unclear ,the master doesnt want that people around see and understand what he is doing.
    it will be not esthetic ,just direct and efficient .
    wing chun fighting means that when you launch your hand ,it doent come back before the opponent is down.

it has to be quick because if it has to last ,the more physical guy will win .

original wing chun is incompatible with ring fighting for training

regards

i just learned from my sifu who is in china that kwok fu has been bring to hospital .
    I pass on my well wishes and hope he gets better soon.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

hello

His last student told him that ng chan few years ago has been there to vist him. his student who was present at each meeting told my sifu that he understood that ng chan was the only one from HK WHO RECEIVED ....

i didnt want to answer to the kind of question above about fighting ,but i will tell that fighting for real in wimg chun has no common point at all with the kind of video i saw in others threads ( they look like muy thai and kick boxing, lokk the arms and the way to move...)

a real master will try to finish the fight in 2 or 3 movements , he will try to hide his technics seeming to do something unclear ,the master doesnt want that people around see and understand what he is doing.
    it will be not esthetic ,just direct and efficient .
    wing chun fighting means that when you launch your hand ,it doent come back before the opponent is down.

it has to be quick because if it has to last ,the more physical guy will win .

original wing chun is incompatible with ring fighting for training

regards
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Moshe- sorry to hear about kwok fu. I agree that Ng Chan was good-but I disagree that he was the only one who understood Ip man's wing chun in depth.Kwok fu would not know everything about Ip ma's Hong Kong teaching- he was not there. Also agree with you on wing chun fighting being quite unique. But that can be found out through practice and experience rather than by playing to the peanut and popcorn gallery.

joy chaudhuri