Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Ng chan wing chun

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
    Hilarious shot about gay people, feel empowered now?

---------------------------------------
    Where Glenn?

I didn’t see it either, but I have seen a lot of that kind of posting (??????), especially when someone is upset. I’ll read it carefully; I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali. R View Post
    I didn’t see it either, but I have seen a lot of that kind of posting (??????), especially when someone is upset. I’ll read it carefully; I could be wrong.
    Well,Lance Pun said, there are too many wrong at present. Like the standing, like the "little idea"(we call it " xiao-nian-tou" or "xiao-shen-tou"). Glad to watch your video. But, your movement is too big. Though you are very fast, but there is a chance to reattack you before you heat the other. And why it is called "little idea"? Not because there is a thought in it. Actually, Wing Chun system is based on the geometric, so there is no power from your emotion. "little idea" is letting you focus on your muscle, use your brain to control it man. If you think a lot during practice, you can hardly master it.

Smile

Thanks a lot for the help and I will try harder as well.

Take care friend,

Thanks a lot for the help and I will try harder as well.

Take care friend,
    Lance Pun has his own website, if you are interested in Wing Chun, you can check it out

http://www.wingchunkyn.com/english

Smile Thanks

Nice site.

Take care,

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    ---------------------------------------
    Where Glenn?

Quote Originally Posted by andysken View Post
    Some “Masters” say:“When we stand to do xiao-nian-tou( Sil Lim Tau), we must rise up our bottom.” This is terrify!!(Well, Gays must be very glad anyway) .
    I dont know if that's really a case of taking a shot at gay people, it could be a joke, but if so, it was terrible lol.

Brings me back to when my sifu first told me about the perineal muscles and their relation to the stances

Sifu: Basically, you want to kinda contract/pull certain muscles around...well..your a$$hole area. I know, it sounds kinda strange, train it and it makes more sense over time. I just wanted to mention it now because it's an important detail.

Me: Oh wow that is strange, ha, must be akward every time you mention it to a student for the first time.

Sifu: Yea, but hey, on the bright side, you can train to have an "impenetrable anus."

Me: I could see how that came in handy for those who trained on a boat full of guys, some dressed and acting as women.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Some “Masters” say:“When we stand to do xiao-nian-tou( Sil Lim Tau), we must rise up our bottom.” This is terrify!!(Well, Gays must be very glad anyway) . Wing Chun is not Tie-xian kyn( Iron fist). Not Xing-yi kyn either. If you do rise your bottom, you’ll have two stiff legs.
    It was the comment above, it is 2012 you know

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSpring View Post
    I dont know if that's really a case of taking a shot at gay people, it could be a joke, but if so, it was terrible lol.

Brings me back to when my sifu first told me about the perineal muscles and their relation to the stances

Sifu: Basically, you want to kinda contract/pull certain muscles around...well..your a$$hole area. I know, it sounds kinda strange, train it and it makes more sense over time. I just wanted to mention it now because it's an important detail.

Me: Oh wow that is strange, ha, must be akward every time you mention it to a student for the first time.

Sifu: Yea, but hey, on the bright side, you can train to have an "impenetrable anus."

Me: I could see how that came in handy for those who trained on a boat full of guys, some dressed and acting as women.
    Wing Chun's power just like a mother gives the birth to her child. Hope you can understand.

It was the comment above, it is 2012 you know
    My appology. This essay was written a few years ago, but I had nearly no time to translate it that time. Because I was just 14 years old and my English was not at the level.
    Also, we don't mean to offend the ****sexual people. What I'm trying to say is that in the Chinese old days, ****sexual love is forbidden. So it's not right to stand in the " Rising bottom" way.
    And I understand what you're trying to say to me. Just take my words like: Girls like the pink, boys don't. So sometimes boys will feel strange when they are in a room full of pink things.

Quote Originally Posted by andysken View Post
    My appology. This essay was written a few years ago, but I had nearly no time to translate it that time. Because I was just 14 years old and my English was not at the level.
    Also, we don't mean to offend the ****sexual people. What I'm trying to say is that in the Chinese old days, ****sexual love is forbidden. So it's not right to stand in the " Rising bottom" way.
    And I understand what you're trying to say to me. Just take my words like: Girls like the pink, boys don't. So sometimes boys will feel strange when they are in a room full of pink things.
    You appear to be digging a deeper hole

You appear to be digging a deeper hole
    Well, I can't change your mind. I only explain what I'm tring to say. How to understand it, the choice is yours.

Most Mistakenly Taken Points In Wing Chun Part 2

Wrote by Sifu Pun(Lance Pun)
    Translated by Andy(Ah Yuan)
    Copy Right: Pik-Wah Wing Chun

6. Elbow on the centre line.
    Indeed, in Wing Chun style, you have to punch in the centre line, but no the elbows. First, because women have their chests, they can’t put their elbows on the centre line. Second, if you put your elbow on the centre line, you can’t gain any power.

What I’m trying to say here is that : most trainees can’t do the direct punch correctly. First, they will do it all on the centre line. Second, they believe in “elbow-power”. There is no such ting. Third, gain the power from the ground. If you do Wing Chun in the right way, you can gain the power from your natural muscle strength even sitting on a chair with feet in the air. Forth, using too many muscle. Wu Mei( who built Wing Chun) didn’t have a lot of muscle any way.
    So when I started teaching, I told my apprentices that nearly no one can do the Wing Chun punch. They hadn’t believed that before I showed them.
    There are only 2 kinds of punch in Wing Chun. First , A single punch. Second Continuously direct punch. So actually punch is not so important as you think. Of course, the punch power will be level up through the training. Many people have discussed the normal punch, but it’s not very useful. There is a kind of punch we called “phoenix-staring punch” will be more useful. Also you have more chances to use the fingers or the claws or kicks than the normal punch.
    There are four styles of power in Wing Chun. You can divide your arms into elbows and hands, so that you can use different styles at the same time.
    If you really want to learn Wing Chun correctly, you don’t need to know about too much theory on it right now. Because the theory will blind you. On the other hand, you should do much practice on your basic movement. Here’s an easy way to check whether you do it in the right way: Too feel whether you can keep your balance and whether you can gain the power. To built-up the power, you need time for letting your body get used to the movement. That’s the reason why when you start to learn Wing Chun, you have to begin with xiao-nian-tou. If you haven’t learn Wing Chun yet, then you’re lucky cause you don’t need to forget the wrong way so that you can learn the right way.

About Wing Chun, I’m the only one sharing the secret in it. The one who was elected( we call “Chuan-ren”) can’t share the secret. The elected can not break the swear when he or she decided to lean the real Wing Chun, so the elected can not share the secret. I’m not the elected, my mater taught me Wing Chun when I was 14. I lived where he taught for 4 years and help my master to teach others. That’s how I got to know the real Wing Chun and also sharing the secret is my master’s will so I’m doing it.

( The reason why Wing Chun is very special is that Wing Chun was built for the organization fighting against the Qing Dynasty. Wing Chun was for killing the traitors in the organization. So from the beginning, Wing Chun was set for killing. Because it’s against nearly all the Chinese Kung Fu that time, it must be very lethal. Basic on this, Wing Chun is not very goo to go to the public. The students who learnt from me will always say: Wing Chun it’s too powerful, don’t teach people easily.
    You should know the history well before you learn. Then you will know Wing Chun is totally different from the other Kung Fu. As one elected( his name is Liang-Bi) said, when you are fighting, you should kill the other within 3 movements. You may not believe this, but one day you may see.
    Let’s talk about Wu-Mei. She is a female, in the cold weapon time, if she hadn’t had the best Kung Fu, how could she kill the people from the other Kung Fu?
    I was only 60 kg, and always fighting with western people. Though I’m a bit old, people scared of my hands. Until now, whenever I put out my hands, nobody can defeat me. This is called the Bridge-hand ( the hand which has the bridge-power)
    On the stage like MMA, it can only be called “game”. Game has too many rules. But Kung Fu, is for killing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s_o52D7TiI

This is one of Lance Pun's students do the single punch sitting on a chair with feet in the air