Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Climate Gate Cleared

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Read up on 'Sharia' laws.
    I suggest that maybe you should do that.
    Sharia law doesn't forbid the practice of other religions.
    Sharia law is about laws for muslims.

there are christians and jews, hindus, taoists, buddhists and all the rest who live and work in countries that use Sharia Law along with their larger justice systems.

Iraq, Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran and others that practice Sharia law do not forbid other religions from being practiced within their borders.

I think your hate is showing.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

David, you do realize all of these ridiculous "Green" laws raise consumer prices, cost jobs, and increase regulation, right?
    And without them, we'll destroy everything around us. What do you want? Higher prices or a barren wasteland? There is already damage done to our environment, and a growing number of scientists are saying we're too late anyway. Those jobs you speak of are contributing to the destruction of the planet, which might take a slightly higher priority than an oil rig job.

Again, the damage has already been documented, and now parts of South America are under health advisories due to OUR negligence.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Read up on 'Sharia' laws.
    Actually, they are upset with our presence there, and our support of Israel, which is currently in a land *****-fest with the Palestinians. Al Qaeda may want global Islam, but the Taliban, JAM, Hexbollah and Waziris just want us to GTFO.

And they aren't a unified front. Trust me, I have had to read hundreds of pages on this. You can start with the NATO report, but that's the biggest taste you'll get without a clearance.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I want to see industry regulated and held accountable for it's doings, especially when they are using natural resources and affecting natural resources.
    I agree, ALL Natural resource industries MUST be regulated for long term use, not short term profit.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    companies have shown, as people have shown, that they require regulation to not be the dirty cheap cheating dogs that they will be if left to their own devices. Only named people can be accountable. Corporations almost never are.
    Even the named are spared if they work for the right corporations.

Looting Main Street

...you can see a trail that leads directly from a billion-dollar predatory swap deal cooked up at the highest levels of America's biggest banks, across a vast fruited plain of bribes and felonies - "the price of doing business," as one JP Morgan banker says on tape - all the way down to Lisa Pack's sewer bill and the mass layoffs in Birmingham.
    Identfied, named, and recorded JP Morgan employees caught bribing government officials and no one from JP Morgan is going to jail.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Yes and I am all for it.

I want to see industry regulated and held accountable for it's doings, especially when they are using natural resources and affecting natural resources.
    Since we are nationalizing industries, you should look at other countries that did/do that and see how their environments suffered because of it. You saw the soupy air in Beijing during the Olympics, it made LA's look good! And the USSR was notorious for nuclear meltdows and "Black Forests" for example. And once the State runs industry, there is ZERO accountability. What is the State going to do, punish itself?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I suggest that maybe you should do that.
    Sharia law doesn't forbid the practice of other religions.
    Sharia law is about laws for muslims.

there are christians and jews, hindus, taoists, buddhists and all the rest who live and work in countries that use Sharia Law along with their larger justice systems.

Iraq, Jordan, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Iran and others that practice Sharia law do not forbid other religions from being practiced within their borders.

I think your hate is showing.
    Is stoning rape victims to death is all good in your book? And I'm the guy full of hate for pointing out that's wrong?

So if you get caught stealing in a Muslim country that cuts thief's hands off and you are not a Muslim, your hands aren't cut off?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Since we are nationalizing industries, you should look at other countries that did/do that and see how their environments suffered because of it. You saw the soupy air in Beijing during the Olympics, it made LA's look good! And the USSR was notorious for nuclear meltdows and "Black Forests" for example. And once the State runs industry, there is ZERO accountability. What is the State going to do, punish itself?
    I never said anything about nationalizing companies. I said Regulate them especially in the cases where they are using natural resources.

But while we're at it, I believe all natural energy resources should be nationalized and regulated. Coal, Oil, Gas, Hydro electric that all uses tax grants and benefits should belong to the community. Not to some corporation and not in title to a government agency, but an open source ownership of these resources by teh people.

all other resources require regulation and controls as well. water, wood, arable lands, etc and for the most part, already do.

we need to protect our environment and right now, energy companies are NOT doing that. Hence, it is time to take the toy away from baby and see to it that harm is no longer continued.

I don't trust business to do the right thing because historically and overall, business doesn't do the right thing.

I for one will not measure my life against my bank account. the most precious skills I have I carry at all times and work on at all times.

Music, visual art and of course Kung fu. these are the most valuable possessions I have.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

we need to protect our environment and right now, energy companies are NOT doing that. Hence, it is time to take the toy away from baby and see to it that harm is no longer continued.
    And who do we give the toy to?

And who do we give the toy to?
    nobody. it stays in trust as community property. It belongs to the nation.

How it(the business of collecting and using the resource) functions and runs will be a matter of those who have the minds to do it correctly, by rule of law and in an ethical manner that does not cause detriment to the resource itself, the people who use it or the environment from which it is taken.

Currently, oil companies are run by profiteers, Hydro electric companies are over subsidized, alternative energies are blocked by lobbyists and government officials who are in bed with energy companies and so on.

It's not just in North America, it is an issue everywhere simply because small groups of people CANNOT be trusted with the welfare of nations or it's precious resources.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

It's not just in North America, it is an issue everywhere simply because small groups of people CANNOT be trusted with the welfare of nations or it's precious resources.
    Resources are only precious because private companies developed a use for them so they could make a profit.

The government shouldn't be running anything, but they should regulate fair practices and ensure environmental safeguards are enforced.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Resources are only precious because private companies developed a use for them so they could make a profit.

The government shouldn't be running anything, but they should regulate fair practices and ensure environmental safeguards are enforced.

Dude, water is a resource and it's value is beyond any profit that can be applied to it.

If companies are destroying water, they are doing wrong. Period. If they are destroying the environment in the area where they are taking natural resources, they are doing wrong.

time and again, companies have demonstrated they do not do things in a manner which is anything but "profitable".

this mind set is driven by the insanity of the free market economy that every city dwelling desk sitter just loves as their condo gets filled with better tvs and nicer toasters.

And why shouldn't government control and regulate resources? Why not?
    It's done with a lot of success in many places, why do you automatically think Government is the wrong candidate to regulate and control a nations national resources?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

nobody. it stays in trust as community property. It belongs to the nation.
    So it belongs to the State. Correct?
    Last edited by 1bad65; 04-06-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post

I actually agree with the second sentance. The debate will always be how much regulation is necessary.

If anyone thinks I'm all for letting businesses being left completely unchecked, they are incorrect.

Looks like more info about the committe that cleared the 'scientist' has came to light.

"Penn State's investigation came under severe attack by critics who argued that the university failed to interview any hostile witnesses, failed to examine the methodology that was at the heart of the controversy and was more concerned that the millions of dollars in grant money it gets by having Mann on the faculty could be jeopardized by adverse findings.

"It was set up to be a total whitewash, and the panel made no effort to investigate," said Steven Milloy, publisher of Junk Science, a Web site that casts doubt on global-warming research. "They didn't even interview the recipients of the e-mails. It is ridiculous," he told FoxNews.com.

Perhaps the most ****ing charge is that the three-person panel, which claimed it had spent hundreds of hours investigating the allegations, interviewed only two people in its inquiry, neither of whom had any direct knowledge of the e-mails or Mann's work. Moreover, the panel didn't ask Mann for any documents to support his work or to confirm the charges, according to Steve McIntyre, a climate scientist who has questioned many of Mann's findings. "They only looked at what was public," he wrote on his blog Climate Audit."

Source:
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...-michael-mann/

Like Rush always says, "Follow the money".