Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taiji Quan Lun

quan lun or theory of boxing methods.

theory does not exist in vacumn.

theory derived from practice

more practice contributed to more theory.

there are 2 way streets.

--

yes a lot of "subtleties" in MA can only be shown and learned (dong)

no words may describe adequately

so are many other things in life.

--

shen ming may be translated as proficiency

once you learn and understand from direct hand to hand teaching from a good teacher

practice what you dong and attain shen ming.

--

books reading and video watching are not enough ( as pointed out)

--

means/ways of softness/gentleness compliment or ways of hardness.

they help each other

or kang ruo xiang ji.

--

tai chi is the dynamic between yin and yang and softness and hardness

or balance between both.

--

learn to know about jin or dong jin

1. your own

2. from the opponent

3. interaction from you and the opponent

4. there are many types of jin depending on qualities

apparent or ming jin

hidden or an jin

peng lu ji an cai lie zhou kao ( ba da jin bie 8 categories)

---

so the question would be:

which jin do you dong and shen ming?

which jin you learn to know and be proficient in?

--

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    in the real world 1000 pounds crush 4 taels

"shaolin is brave, we internal boxing are defensive"
    epitaph to wang zhennan

"the hard: attacking and advancing. the soft: blocking and defending"
    ji xiao xing shu chapter 14: boxing (1558)

soft is ming dynasty martial arts codeword for blocking and dodging. stop living in fantasy
    they are very very rare when 1000 pounds crush by 4 taels. but it actually really exist.

so, before i met someone and felt it by myself. i almost agree powers crush the weak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQBKpV9emKc

do not forget take time to practice

I watched my cousins doing mashed potato dances and singing (growing up in the 60s).

when I came to the states

they told me do not forget "kung fu/tai chi time".

understanding is one thing.

being proficient needs a lot of practice.

only practice the right way every time will get you there.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    quan lun or theory of boxing methods.

theory does not exist in vacumn.

theory derived from practice

more practice contributed to more theory.

there are 2 way streets.

--

yes a lot of "subtleties" in MA can only be shown and learned (dong)

no words may describe adequately

so are many other things in life.

--

once you learn and understand from direct hand to hand teaching from a good teacher

--

books reading and video watching are not enough ( as pointed out)

--

means/ways of softness/gentleness compliment or ways of hardness.

they help each other

or kang ruo xiang ji.

--

tai chi is the dynamic between yin and yang and softness and hardness

or balance between both.

--

1. your own

2. from the opponent

apparent or ming jin

hidden or an jin

---

--
    I agree with your quote..

that's way i wanna discuss and sharing about this classic with all of you.

structure, posture, and having center is a must for the basic one. It will help the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQBKpV9emKc

do not forget take time to practice

I watched my cousins doing mashed potato dances and singing (growing up in the 60s).

when I came to the states

they told me do not forget "kung fu/tai chi time".

understanding is one thing.

being proficient needs a lot of practice.

only practice the right way every time will get you there.

Yes you are right.

Proper Repetition Makes Perfect result. without running the exercise, perhaps a result can not be achieved

My view

Shen ming means the attainment of intuitive and Non-Doer -ness.

One must recognize the specific phenomenon and manisfestation from an experience teacher before one could cultivate and drill to attain the intuitive and Non-Doer-ness state.

1. your own

2. from the opponent

apparent or ming jin

hidden or an jin

Jin is just a dynamic force vectors in the three dimensional space.
    One direct the particular force vectors via intention.

The use of Jin have two general path one is a direct force or single directional force which will end up break down, one is a taiji ball or boomerang type force or multi directional force which is continous flow without exhaustion.

When the directing action of the force vectors is explicit and physical visible. that is Ming Jin.
    When the directing action of the force vectors is implicit and physical not easy to notice. that is An Jin.

However, all were source from intention.

Fa Jin Consist of two parts, there are fa jin which involve the power generation in additional to directing, and there are fa jin just directing using the dynamic flow which is present.

In order to study and learn and recognize the different type of jin, different style catagories the nature force vectors phenomenon and manisfestation into different ways.

IE. the YiQuan catagories into the Six directionall force, Spiral force.....etc

Yup.

Which jin have one recognized and be able to manifest at will. and does one reaches the state of intuitive and Non Doer-ness exercution state.

For there is nothing mysterious, everything is as clear as toying an apple in one's palm. however even if one has these doesnt mean one is top but just one has begin the journey. Knowing not these means one have not started the journey yet independent of how much on has spend one's time.

one certainly will not get there is one's focus only on Qi sink to Dan dien, Xu Lin Ding Jin.....etc those basic of the basic while dealing with this level of art. One also cant attain these if one have not met an expert sifu in this area who could precisely tell one what is going on and make one recognize what is what.

IE: Hua Jin or dissolve Jin. it is as simple as loose up the feet and dissolve the incoming force pressing at the chest.... but those who never know it cant do it.

and if one cant do it and keep whinning about "you must not expect result, keep training deligently and some days you will know it....etc" those are just totally misleading and dead end.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-05-2010 at 12:05 PM.

As usual, cant expect the noise generator doesnt create noise isnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    You have done nothing to demonstrate you know anything Hendrik. If you have kung fu then please demonstrate it once and for all...........

Yes the GREAT HENDRIK cannot find anyone who knows as much as he does! Words are meaningless if you cannot do it! Go enter a MMA contest and demonstrate to all of us your advanced skills. THEN come here and enlighten us all with your wisdom……that is AFTER your 6 month recovery in the hospital!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    My viewShen ming means the attainment of intuitive and Non-Doer -ness.

One must recognize the specific phenomenon and manisfestation from an experience teacher before one could cultivate and drill to attain the intuitive and Non-Doer-ness state.
    Wrong!!! One does not require a teacher at all. All it requires is the correct state of mind which comes with a bit of practice.

And YES I have done it and can do it any time I wish and I have done it for 30 years!

Jin is just a dynamic force vectors in the three dimensional space.
    One direct the particular force vectors via intention.

The use of Jin have two general path one is a direct force or single directional force which will end up break down, one is a taiji ball or boomerang type force or multi directional force which is continous flow without exhaustion.

When the directing action of the force vectors is explicit and physical visible. that is Ming Jin.
    When the directing action of the force vectors is implicit and physical not easy to notice. that is An Jin.

However, all were source from intention.

Fa Jin Consist of two parts, there are fa jin which involve the power generation in additional to directing, and there are fa jin just directing using the dynamic flow which is present.

In order to study and learn and recognize the different type of jin, different style catagories the nature force vectors phenomenon and manisfestation into different ways.

IE. the YiQuan catagories into the Six directionall force, Spiral force.....etc

Yup.

Which jin have one recognized and be able to manifest at will. and does one reaches the state of intuitive and Non Doer-ness exercution state.

For there is nothing mysterious, everything is as clear as toying an apple in one's palm. however even if one has these doesnt mean one is top but just one has begin the journey. Knowing not these means one have not started the journey yet independent of how much on has spend one's time.

one certainly will not get there is one's focus only on Qi sink to Dan dien, Xu Lin Ding Jin.....etc those basic of the basic while dealing with this level of art. One also cant attain these if one have not met an expert sifu in this area who could precisely tell one what is going on and make one recognize what is what.

IE: Hua Jin or dissolve Jin. it is as simple as loose up the feet and dissolve the incoming force pressing at the chest.... but those who never know it cant do it.

and if one cant do it and keep whinning about "you must not expect result, keep training deligently and some days you will know it....etc" those are just totally misleading and dead end.
    Way over stated!!! Book learning and speculation is just noise and and not knowingness!

If you can define it AND demonstrate it in a much more simple manner, perhaps you would show some little bit of attainment.

Anyone can quote from learning from someone else, you must know yourself first hand from insight and practice you one doesn't know anything!

As usual, cant expect the noise generator doesnt create noise isnt it?
    You would know better than anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post

Anyone can quote from learning from someone else, you must know yourself first hand from insight and practice you one doesn't know anything!

could you please kindly shows in evidence which books I quote from? hahahaha.

could you please kindly shows in evidence which books I quote from? hahahaha.
    Maybe please you should please stay on topic! Besides you have no attainment it is clear all your learning is false learning from books.

If you had true attainment it would be clear it is not books but since your attainment is non-existent and/or shallow all you know is books and not true kung fu!!

Everyone knows this but you so you are stuck in your robotic rainbow spinning dream fantasy, ha ha ha ha ha too!