Thread: Nimitz Museum

Nimitz Museum

We went to the National Museum of the Pacific War recently.

It was a fascinating visit. It has alot of historical information, pictures, recordings, and exibits. There is an actual PT boat and a Japanese midget sub from Pearl Harbor there, among other things. If anyone is ever in the Central Texas area, and interested in this chapter of our nation's history, I would suggest a visit.

http://www.nimitz-museum.org/
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

How's the propaganda?

I guess it's eased off somewhat seeing as people are coming to grips finally with the horrible error that was the allowance of WW2 to occur due to global apathy ...but wait a minute...

How does a pacific war museum wind up in Texas anyway?

Kung Fu is good for you.

last year at Oktoberfest, my wife and i were standing out front, contemplating going in.
    she was worried that being Japanese, it might not be kosher.
    love Fredericksburg though.

Dave- Nimitz was born there.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    How's the propaganda?

I guess it's eased off somewhat seeing as people are coming to grips finally with the horrible error that was the allowance of WW2 to occur due to global apathy ...but wait a minute...

How does a pacific war museum wind up in Texas anyway?

It was all facts. It even had a full scale model of one of the nukes we dropped on those war criminal's country.

It ended up in Fredericksburg because Admiral Nimitz was born and grew up there.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    last year at Oktoberfest, my wife and i were standing out front, contemplating going in.
    she was worried that being Japanese, it might not be kosher.
    love Fredericksburg though.
    It would have been fine. We saw people of all ages and backgrounds. There is also a Japanes garden of peace, built by the Japanese themselves.

The most decorated unit in WWII, the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, was a Nisei unit. They fought mainly in Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post

Dave- Nimitz was born there.
    ah, that's interesting.
    thanks
    Kung Fu is good for you.