Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do I strengthen my kidneys?

<Shaking head!>

I keep trying to tell these guys to lay off the mercury pills because they cause mental deficiency and neurological disorder, but they never listen!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    <Shaking head!>

I keep trying to tell these guys to lay off the mercury pills because they cause mental deficiency and neurological disorder, but they never listen!
    It's really all about reading comprehension, as I keep saying: if u can't tell the difference between cinnamon and cinnabar, u might be better off not sprinkling anything into ur mocha latte!

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    right, whereas your "argument" is based on what, exactly? nothing beyond subjective opinion, really

???? are you serious? u can so blithely dismiss doing something that lowers risk of cancer by 1/3 because it doesn't jive with what u believe personally? ur argument implies that bec it "only" lowers the risk 33% it's better still not to ejaculate based on vague Taoist assertions about risks to health?

Try this. Go masturbate three times a day for the next three days and then try and have sexual relations with your wife. One of a few things will happen. You won't have the urge. Your ***** won't work. Your erection occurs but then does on you in a few minutes. Are you going to try and refute any of what I just said? Now let's look at a guy who has erectile dysfunction all the time and he's pushing 50. What he is experiencing is similar to the guy who touches himself everyday and then can't pop an erection when he needs to. He used up what was stored in his kidneys given to him by his parents. Chinese medicine is, in many cases, a different way of saying the same thing as other systems.
    so let's see - because of the fact that we have a refractory period after ejaculation, this leads you to the conclusion that ejaculation is in and of itself is somehow a bad thing? u really hav this irritating habit of taking things so far out of context, it's not even funny - just because u hav a period of relative energy drain after an intense physiological event doesn't mean that that event is problematic for long-term energy;

no, of course it's much better to defer to centuries-old data taken during times when knowledge of human anatomy and physiology were far less than what is extant currently, than it is to rely on knowledge that is updated as new and more correct information comes to light...

not surprising, since you always ignore what you are unable to answer, as I effectively slam-dunked an answer to each of your baseless accusations; of course, u r always welcome to rebut if u feel inclined at a later date; but we know u won't, because you can't;
    Your posts take on a certain tone about them. Posting against you is like arguing with someone who won't stop screaming. No matter what you say to him he just keeps thumping his foot, beating his chest, and yelling. Logic doesn't work You post that way. No matter what I say you just yell back with your posts, which are way too long. You need to shorten them. Your method of arguing is throwing as much crap out there as possible and people get tired of arguing.

I think ur reading comp needs a lot of work - my entire point for bringing this up was to demonstate how you can hav elements within a system that although they themselves are BS does not make the entire system BS, but that, like any modality, TCM needs to be critically evaluated in terms of what it claims;

even a broken clock is correct twice a day; so if we do agree, it's more by chance given that your methodological m/o lacks any semblance of intellectual rigor;

let's see, u jump onto the thread deriding me and Scott, our degrees, our so-called googled advice and "science" in general, and I'm the one being contentious? okaaaaay...second, i do not have a doctorate, nor have ever claimed to, so I don't know where u get that from; third, despite what u may project about my "amazing" education, quite frankly the majority of my functional clinical knowledge base, aside from anatomy / phys, is not based on what I was taught in school, a lot of which, IMPO, was poorly taught and ultimately a waste of time; rather, I had to search quite a bit after graduation to obtain the clinical information that enabled me to b successful clinically; finally, in regards to your statement about what I "think I know", please provide a specific example on this or any other thread where I make a statement regarding PT, TCM or qigong (or anything else, for that matter), where I mistakenly claim to know something that I don't (of course, you won't, u never speak to specifics, u just level accusations and then ignore the responses when they demonstrate the error of what you have said);

addendum: as I re-read ur original post, I am struck by just how ridiculous of an individual you come across as - u post like an angry 4-year old who wasn't allowed a second scoop of ice cream; until u can reconcile ur glaringly obvious contrarian issues, especially if u r trying to construct a reasoned argument, u should consider not posting here; I strongly urge you to seriously re-evaluate ur reasons for and and methods of posting before coming on here again, because all you really end-up doing is embarrassing yourself
    There you go attacking me again. When you have nothing constructive to argue you fling more crap. The original poster asked a question of the "Traditional Chinese Medicine forum". Why would you answer a question in that? What qualifies you to do so? Because you know tcm practitioners? If I know someone who'se a pharmacist does that give me the authority to answer questions about drugs and possible side effects of mixing? NO. You're an overpaid massage therapist. I can't believe that people need to get a doctorate to do what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvySavage View Post
    Try this. Go masturbate three times a day for the next three days and then try and have sexual relations with your wife. One of a few things will happen. You won't have the urge. Your ***** won't work. Your erection occurs but then does on you in a few minutes. Are you going to try and refute any of what I just said?
    no, because u r setting up such an ad absurdum hypothetical, as usual, that there's no point in even treating it seriously; that and it has nothing to do with the original claim about excessive ejaculation negatively impacting long-term health

Now let's look at a guy who has erectile dysfunction all the time and he's pushing 50. What he is experiencing is similar to the guy who touches himself everyday and then can't pop an erection when he needs to. He used up what was stored in his kidneys given to him by his parents.
    once again, u r drifting in ur "argument"; the original "point" was that one should, supposedly, limit the amount of ejaculation IN GENERAL because it supposedly would somehow harm someone's overall health in the long-term; now u r claiming that something specific, erectile dysfunction, is the result of a specific type of frequent ejaculation (masturbation); so first it's ejaculation in general, now it's the specific manner of ejaculation - man, u r all over the place; really, it's just absurd that u can't even maintain the specifics of a topic from one post to the next;

Chinese medicine is, in many cases, a different way of saying the same thing as other systems.
    in a nutshell, Chinese medicine is a mix of empiricism and metaphorical extrapolation for what it cannot observe directly; it is a discipline that relies almost entirely on the individual operator's skill level which makes it a highly subjective approach; which, while on the one hand makes it very powerful for addressing each individual's unique issues, also impedes the degree of generalizability that exists in relatively more objective approaches such as the contemporary biomedical model;

Your posts take on a certain tone about them.
    yes - basically lack of tolerance for the drivel you type;

Posting against you is like arguing with someone who won't stop screaming. No matter what you say to him he just keeps thumping his foot, beating his chest, and yelling. Logic doesn't work You post that way.
    obviously for you, English doesn't work that well either...

No matter what I say you just yell back with your posts,
    if u wan to artificially qualifying my posts as screaming, yeling, etc., that's your prerogative, but actually, anyone else reading this thread is going to see that what I do is giv a thorough, reasoned and ultimately calm response to your inflammatory posts while refusing to be either bullied or emotionally drawn in by your belligerence;

which are way too long. You need to shorten them.
    the reason my posts are "too long" is because ur posts r so idiotic and self-deluded that I hav to spend an excess of time first explaining how they are totally lacking in logical cohesion, and then once that marathon is completed, I stil hav to make my own point;
    anyway, as I say to everyone who complains about the length of my posts, if they are too long, don't read them and don't respond to them and even better, just put me on ignore!

Your method of arguing is throwing as much crap out there as possible and people get tired of arguing.
    people like u who hav no ability to engage in a structured argument get tired because you lack the discipline to see a point through to its end without engaging in logical fallacies like ad hominum attacks and straw-man hypotheticals; if u can't maintain the degree of intellectual clarity needed to do so, then don't engage in the first place;

There you go attacking me again. When you have nothing constructive to argue you fling more crap.
    LOL, look who's talking - your very first post on this thread was an attack:
    The nurse and physical therapist strike again.
    tell me, was that NOT an attack? was it NOT intended to be derisive, dismissive and belittling? was it somehow a compliment that I misconstered? was it? moron...

The original poster asked a question of the "Traditional Chinese Medicine forum". Why would you answer a question in that? What qualifies you to do so? Because you know tcm practitioners? If I know someone who'se a pharmacist does that give me the authority to answer questions about drugs and possible side effects of mixing?
    no problem; first, I have been studying qigong for 15 years with the same teacher, who is regarded in the field as being credible and skilled in that regard; and I also completed an 18-month intensive (~200 hrs) qiggong therapist training with him, which resulted in my certification by him as a Qigong Therapist; if u wish to verify that, I can provide you with his e-mail; I can also send you a copy of my certification if u r really interested (which I doubt u r, but whatever); so, while it certainly doesn't make me the world's formost authority on the topic, I think it is enuf to give me the purview to address the issue with some basis for reliable commentary;
    ok now, so, your turn: what qualifies YOU to say anything about TCM / qigong?

NO. You're an overpaid massage therapist.
    LOL, u r such an idiot; can a massage therapist perform joint manipulations / adjustments, dry needle trigger points, perform wound debridement, fabricate orthotics or design seating systems for medically complex patients, administer electrotherapeutics and make ICD-9 diagnoses? u really shud do a little more research before u make ridiculous statements;

I can't believe that people need to get a doctorate to do what you do.
    I actually think the whole doctorate bit is a farce, but not for the reasons u cite - for example, it primarily comes out of the private practice arena, as a means to support why PT's shud hav direct access w/out need for an MD script (what I call "chiro envy"); quite frankly, we do hav the training to assess people off the street and the knowledge base to refer them to an MD for clearance if need be, but it really has more to do with economics of survival than anything else; in fact a lot of PT's r anti-DPT, and in fact, overall, it really hasn't contributed much to the profession, IMPO; TBH, I'd discuss the issue more with u, except u know nothing about it to be able to contribute in a meanigful way

btw, i like your color choice, but maybe next time try something in a chartreuse perhaps...
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 04-11-2010 at 05:53 PM.

There you go attacking me again. When you have nothing constructive to argue you fling more crap. The original poster asked a question of the "Traditional Chinese Medicine forum". Why would you answer a question in that? What qualifies you to do so? Because you know tcm practitioners? If I know someone who'se a pharmacist does that give me the authority to answer questions about drugs and possible side effects of mixing? NO. You're an overpaid massage therapist. I can't believe that people need to get a doctorate to do what you do.
    It is very difficult to have a productive discussion with people who are ill-informed, under-educated, have an inability to utilize proper reasoning and yet at the same time think they know more than they do!

People such as yourself and Hendrik!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    It is very difficult to have a productive discussion with people who are ill-informed, under-educated, have an inability to utilize proper reasoning and yet at the same time think they know more than they do!

People such as yourself and Hendrik!
    he keeps whining that I have no qualifications to discuss qigong in relation to TCM; now I hav provided him with evidence to the contrary and hav asked him to provide his own; what do u think will be the outcome of that? I bet he'll say that he took some weekend seminars and almost went to acupuncture school...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    he keeps whining that I have no qualifications to discuss qigong in relation to TCM; now I hav provided him with evidence to the contrary and hav asked him to provide his own; what do u think will be the outcome of that? I bet he'll say that he took some weekend seminars and almost went to acupuncture school...
    I will guess it is worse than that......

...he studied for 20 or 30 years, maybe even from a qualified teacher (like Hendrik did), understood very little (like Hendrik did), dropped his notes on the ground (like Hendrik did), they got put back together out of order so he has confused the teachings (like Hendrik did), and thinks that makes him an expert (like Hendrik does)!

Wait!!!

.....that's ME!!!!

<Please notice my judicious use of the color RED!>