Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CLF schools in China?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolindynasty View Post
    To bad for china the cultural revolution happened...........
    Indeed.

30 million people rubbed out in a 10 year frenzy or chaotic redaction.

the result? An entire nation has memory problems.

It will take a century or more before the information can be rebuilt accurately. And only if the corrupted communist government is removed entirely and forever.

Don't forget that many martial artists, especially teachers and significant adepts were jailed, crippled and put to death by Mao and his henchmen during the dark time of 1966-1976.

This is why you don't need to go to china to learn kungfu.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    hehe, yeah, but I havent lived in NY either. Ive been to HK a good few times, but dont know what its like to actually live there.

But for now I need to do the good daddy thing I guess.
    eddie, all depends on how much you have put aside for daily expenses. how much for rent. eating wise, china is extremely affordable compared to hong kong, but i'm use to it so it really doesn't bother me. everything is opened to super late, public transport is extremely convenient(metro standard). and best of all, clf masters everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I had heard that the term kuo/guo shu (national art, of course) was simply a shortened way of saying "zhong guo wu shu" (Chinese martial arts). It's very commonly used in Taiwan, where many (most??) of the Nationalists fled to. Although I had seen some businesses set up there that are called "guo shu guans" but which seem to be quack TCM clinics.
    Yes you are right, its considered a Nationalist term really, its not used in china at all. but i find it interesting, its probably why they chose 'guo shu' instead of just using 'wu shu' at the time. it could have been to avoid detection by the chinese government aswell, as many kung fu masters fled china to hong kong and taiwan, and set up 'associations' there. fear of another boxer rebellion perhaps?