Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone heard of Vikoga wing chun?

Anyone heard of Vikoga wing chun?

Hello,

Recently it came to my attention the system called "Vikoga" wing chun. I found some information on it here: http://www.accsoft.com.au/~cheng/pages/intro.htm

Looking at the webpage they state:

How does VIKOGA work?

VIKOGA works by defining unambiguously the qualities and the workings of the cultivated individual and how best to achieve success in this cultivation.
    It employs the latest cutting-edge mindset and paradigms to ensure that it is a thoroughly contemporary technology, yet it retains the utmost - and inmost - practicable Internal Arts knowledge as a basis to tap into our fullest potentials.

VIKOGA regards human beings as a triadic biologic entity having a Conciousness, a Mind and a Body. Consummate cultivation works on the 3 in varying degrees, at varying levels. VIKOGA identifies the Internal Arts pathway as the most potent program to achieve this cultivation of the self. Hence, the defining work is training in the Internal Arts.

Some Core Cardinal Characteristics of VIKOGA

* The generation of a 3-dimensional force-field.
    * This force-field consists of vector forces.
    * These vector forces are convergent in nature.
    * The resultant force is the vanguard force.
    * The mindwill or intent mobilises, leads and controls these forces.
    * The physical movements reflect this force-field.
    * The use of this force-field is in covering ourselves and invading the enemies space.
    * The main shapes of the force-field are the cone, the sphere and the geocubicone.
    * The physical movements are also for generating and working with this force-field.
    Never before in the martial arts have i heard of "generating force fields" as something to achieve, does that require a flux capacitor?

I have heard of it.

Basically, it is the teachings of Victor Leow, a student of both WSL and Tsui Sheung Tien. Victor also has studied Tai Ji and Ba Gua and other arts.

He is quite knowledgeable.

And he is quite skilled at packaging and making acronyms.

Sounds seriously wacky. Like a Trancendental Meditator tripping in acid and a geometry textbook.

Have you seen the lineage diagram? All roads lead to Victor Leow!

According to the diagram he has had some dealings with David Peterson. Would would interesting to hear what David has to say.

And he is quite skilled at packaging and making acronyms.
    It's that which is off-putting (for me at least).

Hey CFT,

I didn't see that diagram before: http://www.accsoft.com.au/~cheng/pages/lineage.htm

With that many teachers it makes me wonder if he spent much time with them or just kind of floated around. Maybe went to a seminar or two with each one, claims them as a teacher and went on to the next one.

Force fields are over-rated IMO... WonderTwin powers always seem to be able to penetrate them!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Hey CFT,

I didn't see that diagram before: http://www.accsoft.com.au/~cheng/pages/lineage.htm

With that many teachers it makes me wonder if he spent much time with them or just kind of floated around. Maybe went to a seminar or two with each one, claims them as a teacher and went on to the next one.
    ***I'VE SEEN this kind of thing before. There are people I know (or know of) who've spent a ridiculously short amount of time training with one or the other of my two wing chun instructors (Moy Yat & William Cheung)...

and they include Moy Yat and/or William Cheung on their "resume" of wing chun experience when asked; or worse yet, on their bios when you go to their website.

It's a joke.

i stopped reading at force fields

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Kidding about branding aside, his information shows that he is quite analytical and knowledgeable.

David Petersen mentioned he knew him and I had a few correspondences with him. He taught my co-author, Y. Wu.

the geocubicone
    WTF?

I googled it and the only references are the vikoga site or posts from other poor b@st@rds wondering what it is.

It sounds like a good name to give to the next BJJ sweep to be invented.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

The main underlying principles and concepts involved in this philosophy include -
    * The Universal First Motive Force - known as Qi (also spelled as Ch'i).
    * The Yin-Yang Model - the First Universal Bipolar Paradox.
    * The Pentaphasic Homeostasis Model - the 5-Transformative Universal Principle.
    * The Pakua System - the Octal-Hexagrammatic Table of Concordance in All Changes.
    * The Celestial Stems & Terrestrial Branches System of Correspondence.
    * Classical Systems of Strategy.
    * Traditional Chinese Medical System.
    * Ancient Practical Cosmic Worldview and Applications.
    * Practical Ancient & Contemporary Philosophies.
    * Aspects of Fuzzy Logic, Theory of Chaos & Complexity, Bio-electromagnetism,
    Scientific Finer Forces, Total Quality Management, to name a few.

Wow...

Maybe that's the problem, my logic isn't fuzzy enough to understand WTF this guy is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    David Petersen mentioned he knew him
    i should hope so! he's listed as one of his teachers!

Quote Originally Posted by duende View Post
    The main underlying principles and concepts involved in this philosophy include -
    * The Universal First Motive Force - known as Qi (also spelled as Ch'i).
    * The Yin-Yang Model - the First Universal Bipolar Paradox.
    * The Pentaphasic Homeostasis Model - the 5-Transformative Universal Principle.
    * The Pakua System - the Octal-Hexagrammatic Table of Concordance in All Changes.
    * The Celestial Stems & Terrestrial Branches System of Correspondence.
    * Classical Systems of Strategy.
    * Traditional Chinese Medical System.
    * Ancient Practical Cosmic Worldview and Applications.
    * Practical Ancient & Contemporary Philosophies.
    * Aspects of Fuzzy Logic, Theory of Chaos & Complexity, Bio-electromagnetism,
    Scientific Finer Forces, Total Quality Management, to name a few.

Wow...
    "Uhm, but sifu, how do I block a punch to the face?"

Heh, just joking.
    I've heard about more complex geometric models in Wing Chun theory, but never to the extent of that list. The only thing that it is missing is a reference to quantum mechanichs

The Pentaphasic Homeostasis Model - the 5-Transformative Universal Principle.
    Which is just Ng-Hang, the 5 elements.

The Pakua System - the Octal-Hexagrammatic Table of Concordance in All Changes.
    Why doesn't he just stick with "Bagua" instead of going all pseudo-scientific?

The Celestial Stems & Terrestrial Branches System of Correspondence.
    Tiangan, dizhi. Classical Chinese numerology, time keeping, zodiac.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthly_Branches
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celestial_stem

As to the rest? Is it really necessary?

Branding, just branding.

Although there is a lot of relevance to the original Chinese concepts that have a lot of use.