Thread: Sex education now a crime

Hybrid View

Sex education now a crime

Southworth, a Republican and a Christian evangelical, took issue with a law Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle signed in February requiring schools that teach sexual education to adopt a comprehensive approach.

Southworth warned that teaching a student how to properly use contraceptives would be contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a misdemeanor punishable by up to nine months behind bars and a $10,000 fine. He said it would be promoting sex among minors, who are not legally allowed to have sex in Wisconsin.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100409/...Fzc2V4ZWR3YXJu

Next book burning.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Obamacare calls for abstinance to be taught in schools, as it is the only 100% effective solution.
    Source:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032602457.html

You wanna put some money on that book burning nonsense?
    Last edited by 1bad65; 04-09-2010 at 09:01 AM.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Why is it that parents not wanting schools to teach contraceptive use to thier children automatically leads to "book burning". Inferring that these parents are not as "enlightened" as a teacher, school administrator or school board member? Many parents dont think a school, where thier kids are barely learning math, reading or American history but are being indoctrinated with left wing, anti American bile is the place they want kids being instructed on an issue as sensitive as sex. You dont want these same teachers forcing religious instruction down the throats of kids, God forbid the kid pray or read a bible in school but roll your eyes at parents taking issue with sex education as though it is the states job to do one but not the other. I for one dont want schools doing either it is not their place.
    Last edited by solo1; 04-09-2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: repeated word

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    Why is it that parents not wanting schools to teach contraceptive use to thier children automatically leads to "book burning".
    It's the same ridiculous logic that says the Tea Party people are all racists.

Inferring that these parents are not as "enlightened" as a teacher, school administrator or school board member? Many parents dont think a school, where thier kids are barely learning math, reading or American history but are being indoctrinated with left wing, anti American bile is the place they want kids being instructed on an issue as sensitive as sex. You dont want these same teachers forcing religious instruction down the throats of kids, God forbid the kid pray or read a bible in school but roll your eyes at parents taking issue with sex education as though it is the states job to do one but not the other. I for one dont want schools doing either it is not their place.
    Very well said. Of course it's obvious why one Party is very anti-voucher, isn't it?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I dont have kids. But I do know that, looking back, I am thankful I recieved sex education in school. My parents did not talk about or educate me on the subject.

Had the school not done so, I can almost garantee you I would have been a teen father. I was still a virgin when I recieved the education from the school system. Which actually taught me about STD's and the dangers of unprotected sex and also the dangers of early parenthood.

So ya, families that actually educate their children are another matter entirely from kids who dont get that education at home.

But dont forget, not everyone is in the same position as you are. Some people need that education, and if its not coming from the parents, where do you expect them to get it? HBO or SHOWTIME? maybe PRON?? not a good idea imo.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

He said it would be promoting sex among minors, who are not legally allowed to have sex in Wisconsin.
    ------------

Well! That will certainly stop them. It's good to know that no minors are having sex in Wisconsin.

And just in case any minor ever dared to consider it, we can rest easy knowing that they will abandon their folly when they can't figure out how to get the condom on.

Problem solved!!!! Wow, Wisconsin is really ahead of the game... a shining example for the rest of us to emulate.

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

You know you arent supposed to bathe more than once a year also right? You'll catch your death if you get wet like that.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    You know you arent supposed to bathe more than once a year also right? You'll catch your death if you get wet like that.
    Hey, maybe the body odor will further disinterest them in having sex with each other. Can we make it a law?

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post
    Problem solved!!!! Wow, Wisconsin is really ahead of the game... a shining example for the rest of us to emulate.
    Actually the State just passed a law requiring comprehensive sex ed. The state's attorney general took issue with the new law with this dixish move.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

america...

land of the free to do what you're told... LOL... everything will be illegal at the rate this place is going.

Sex education in my opinion should be mandatory.

If you don't think so, watch a couple of episodes of "16 and pregnant".

Listen to the sheer ignorance of those kids.
    Listen about the lack of parenting they have and the lack of knowledge they have about sex.

puritan embarassment or in a disconnected way making sex education some form of pedophelia is a mark of a primitive and backwards thought coming from a primitive and backwards place.

If that makes you angry, good, be angry. Id' be angry too if I realized i was being stupid for no good reason.

But by all means, if you want your sons and daughter coming home with vd or pregnant, then keep protesting these things.

puritan ideals are stupid backwards ideals, They should be done away with for the sake of health and a better society.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

"Sex education in my opinion should be mandatory."
    - could not disagree more, its the parents responsibility

"If you don't think so, watch a couple of episodes of "16 and pregnant".

- I have and am disgusted with the way these kids are paraded around and are they not exposed to manadatory sex ed? doesnt appear to have worked to well.

"Listen to the sheer ignorance of those kids."

- granted these are members of a gene pool that should never reproduce

"Listen about the lack of parenting they have and the lack of knowledge they have about sex".

- agreed but should a minority of parents make the rules and impose them on parents who feel that teaching kids is thier job not the schools? there are going to be parents who have neglected their jobs as parents, so the rest of us should bow to the failures of a few?
    next, sex education isnt in itself bad or evil its the leap that has been made is: I dont want my kids being taught tecnique or that **** sexual sex is ok, nor do i want my kid in school being taught how to use a condom by a person who can barely teach math. I think parents have issue with the opening the door a crack has led to a leap that should never have been made.

"puritan embarassment or in a disconnected way making sex education some form of pedophelia is a mark of a primitive and backwards thought coming from a primitive and backwards place."

- hardly, such a leap makes your argument weak. I am not backward or primitive by any stretch. Parents who teach thier kids about sex are not latent peds, that is very wide brush stroke that you may want to reconsider. In the same way you would not want kids given religious education doesnt make you puritan,primitive or even closed minded it simply violates what you think your kids should be taught in school.

"If that makes you angry, good, be angry. Id' be angry too if I realized i was being stupid for no good reason."

- name calling reduces you to panic, i dont agree, so start the name calling? I have a college degree, work in a very well compensated, professional capacity Im not stupid for not wanting my kids taught sex in school, it has no the place of the school and since said schools are taxpayer funded they have an obligation to listen to parents concerns. If for instance your kid was being taught the Catholic Cathecism youd probably have an issue with it. You might get angry about it, does it make you stupid? or primitive or intolerant? no, especially if your Jewish, or Buddhist and dont beleive a classroom is the place to be spoon fed an issue as sensitive as religion or inthis case sex.

"But by all means, if you want your sons and daughter coming home with vd or pregnant, then keep protesting these things."

- Weak, by the same argument keeping a gun locked up means my kid is going to pick up a gun and kill someone, or by keeping alcohol away from my kids leads inexerably to thier use. I have far better confidence in my ability as a parent to understand that i have taught my kids everything I can about these isses and to avoid them. It doesnt mean it may or may not happen. I arm them with as much as i can and trust that they will make the right decision. Have decades of sex education stopped the rampant teen pregnancy in this country? I say no it has not. Has it stopped the spread of VD? no. Heard a stat this morning that 80% of kids polled ( high school age) dont think oral genital contact qualifies as sex. A reasonable parent/adult understands it is. How has sex education helped? it has not. The attitude that kids are going to do it anyway so lets show them how to protect themselves has some credence, but in the same vein, kids are going to drink should we give them alcohol to demostrate the effects, kids fight and bully each other should they be given the tools to better bully and fight? the answer is alcohol, drugs and guns are talked about and we do everything we can to prevent it, why is sex not as important? the results can be as devastating in each case.

"puritan ideals are stupid backwards ideals, They should be done away with for the sake of health and a better society."

- hardly the Puritan ideals of chastity, self control, self discipline, duty, honor and loyalty have not gone out of style. The mentality that anything goes as long as it feels good, sex has no consequences, you have a right to do what you want when you want to, has. To say that the purging of these ideals has made this a better society is ludicrous. All one has to do is read a newspaper and see the stats on single motherhood, teen pregnancy, kids killing each other, bullying until a kid hangs herself to see that the liberal ideal of a better America has been an abject failur. Kids are not adults and are entitled to parental guidance, not be led down a primrose path by teachers etc who have no vested interest in my kids development or education.
    Last edited by solo1; 04-12-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: edited for spelling and content

Sex education in my opinion should be mandatory.
    - could not disagree more, its the parents responsibility

If you don't think so, watch a couple of episodes of "16 and pregnant".

- I have and am disgusted with the way these kids are paraded around and are they not exposed to manadatory sex ed? doesnt appear to have worked to well.

Listen to the sheer ignorance of those kids.

- granted these are members of a gene pool that should never reproduce

Listen about the lack of parenting they have and the lack of knowledge they have about sex.

- agreed but should a minority of parents make the rules and impose them on parents who feel that teaching kids is thier job not the schools? next, sex education isnt in itself bad or evil its the leap that has been made is: I dont want my kids being taught tecnique or that **** sexual sex is ok nor do i want my kid in school being taught how to use a condom by a person who can barely teach math. I think parnets have issue with the opening the door a crack has led to a leap that should never have been made.

puritan embarassment or in a disconnected way making sex education some form of pedophelia is a mark of a primitive and backwards thought coming from a primitive and backwards place.

- hardly, such a leap makes your argument weak. I am not backward or primitive by any stretch. In the same way you would not want kids given religious education doesnt make you puritan or primitive it simply violates what you think your kids should be taught in school.

If that makes you angry, good, be angry. Id' be angry too if I realized i was being stupid for no good reason.

- name calling reduces you to panic, i dont agree so start the name calling? I have a college degree, work in a very well compensated professional capacity Im not stupid for not wanting my kids taught sex in school, it is no the place of the school and since said schools are taxpayer funded they have an obligation to listen to parents concerns. If for instance your kid was being taught the Catholic Cathecism youd probably have an issue with it. You might get angry about it, does it make you stupid? no especially if your Jewish, or Buddhist and dont beleive a classroom is the place to be spoon fed an issue as sensitive as religion or inthis case sex.

But by all means, if you want your sons and daughter coming home with vd or pregnant, then keep protesting these things.

- i have far better confidence in my ability as a parent to understand that i have taught my kids everything I can about these isses and to avoid them. It doesnt mean it may or may not happen. I arm them with as much as i can and trust that they will make the right decision. Have decades of sex education stopped the rampant teen pregnancy in this country I say no it has not. Has it stopped the spread of VD? no. Heard a stat this morning that 80% of kids polled dont think oral genital contact qualifies as sex. I think a reasonable parent understands it is. how has sex education helped? again i argue it has not. I think in some areas the attitude of kids are going to do it anyway so lets show them how to protect themselves has some credence, but in the same vein kids are going to drink should we give them alcohol to demostrate the effects, kids fight and bully each other should they be given the tools to better bully and fight? the answer is alcohol, drugs and guns are talked about and we do everything we can to prevent it, why is sex not as important?

puritan ideals are stupid backwards ideals, They should be done away with for the sake of health and a better society.

- hardly the Puritan ideals of chastity, self control, self discipline, duty, honor and loyalty have not gone out of style. The mentality that anything goes as long as it feels good, sex has no consequences, you have a right to do what you want when you want to, has.

I would say that you expect too much of your fellow countrymen if you expect them to hold to your high ideals.

sex education is totally important and there are far too many puritanical thoughts and impedances to a healthy sexuality in our society.

Education is far more powerful than punishment or correction. It is the only preventative measure that really works.

By making sex education even more difficult to teach it makes it difficult to educate and when you promote ignorance, you are ignorant.

sorry man, but your entire post is about you and yours and not about the people.

You don't seem to understand that people are as different as night and day and that rule of law tries to level that field of imbalance.

If you don't want your kids getting sex education, then it's your prerogative to educate them yourself. Which you say you do. So what aout the rest of the people? What about the people who don't have superman parents like you? What about kids that have only 1 parent or no parents? What about the kids who come from an ethnic background that has zero sex education because of strictness or some other construct? Why would laws be passed about sexuality and what is and is not acceptable ins society but education is wrong?

I completely disagree with your position for these and many other reasons which would just be too much to drop into a thread.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

David, your correct I speak for me but do you speak only for you or are you speaking for an audience that agrees with you? So, trying to isolate me as a parent, who you may feel is puritanical, out of touch, wishing ill on my kids by not rolling over to convention is not going to be effective. We have a differing opinion. I respect yours and all I ask and many parents ask that you respect ours. If I was the only voice questioning it would not be an issue on the scale that it is.
    I trust from your writing we have both seen incidences of massive failure on the part of parents, if you have kids ( dont know if you do or not) you encounter it daily. Im not perfect and dont think my kids are angels, but has your kid come home spouting new "words" you dont particularly want used in your home? Does it represent a failure on the parents? I say yes it does. Does it make them rotten human beings who should be isolated? nope but I will work to have my kids avoid thse situtaions. It is my job to teach my kids how to be decent hard working. tax paying, patriotic American kids. It is also my job to teach them about sex, guns, religion, alcohol etc anything that I feel may hurt or injure them. That is my right as a parent and not the states. Look for years and years groups fought tooth and nail to get religious instruction and daily prayer out of schools, many have done away with the Pledge of Alllegence on the other side parents are fighting to have them returned. So in this case the "loser" should just roll over and accept it?
    Last edited by solo1; 04-12-2010 at 09:05 AM. Reason: correction