Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sex education now a crime

like i said in my post, i benefited from sex education as a child.

there are MANY, let me repeat so it can sink in MANY parents that do not educate their children about sex, safe sex, sexual diseases, etc...

so now some people want to say 'its the parents responsibility' and let the children suffer. real classy. thats not how it works unfortunately. someones misguided belief that all parents are going to own up to the proper level of responsibility is...well...irresponsible at best.

yes by all means, lets let the unfortunate children without the opportunity or care given that is needed remain ignorant and fall prey to the same footfalls that our ignorant ancestors had.

education is pointless right?

personally i think they just need an 'opt in / opt out' option when you enroll your child for school, where the parent can then decide whether or not they will educate their kids.

because sorry if you havent ever experienced the other side of the tracks, but i can tell you from first hand experience, a lot of parents drop the ball. and it is NOT the childs fault, no matter what anyone tells you.
    Last edited by Lucas; 04-19-2010 at 02:10 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    personally i think they just need an 'opt in / opt out' option when you enroll your child for school, where the parent can then decide whether or not they will educate their kids.
    Not good enough for me. Many of the parents who do not want their kids educated in school are the same ones who refuse to educate them at home. They think they can prevent their kids from finding out about sex until their wedding nights.

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path