Thread: Transitional Movement

Transitional Movement

Greetings

Am I right that a Transitional Movement means that the weight is going from a stance from one side into the next stance to the other side over the middle weight ?

I practice a staff form and in the lyrics there are 4 Transitional Movements.

And is a Transitional Movement all external movements or also internal movements ? I wanted to understand a deeper meaning of this

Peace Eugene

In the begining levels, yes. A transition is moving from one point to the next. It'll have more of a stop and go feel to it. Your energy will feel the same at first, applying power to the obvious applications. Your next goal is to find the movements in between the movements. This will help you to take some of that robotic feeling out of your movements. Your lyrics state 4 movements but there is many more hidden movements within those movements.

As far as wanting deeper understanding, well that deepends on how deep down this rabbit hole you're willing to go.

all movement is transitional.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    holy crap, I was jus' going to say what Uki said.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Hey Shaolin

Thx for the reply, so its more about movements within movements.

Mostly it does not mean a small break between the postures ? Or a ending and beginning of the second section ?

Well, i feel that deeper understanding is highly important, otherwise it feels very shallow, and like a robot maybe yes.

[bangs head on table]
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    all movement is transitional.
    and all transition is movemental...
    ()

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    holy crap, I was jus' going to say what Uki said.
    that's because his posts induce a state of ego-dampening compliance...

[bangs head on table]
    and that does tend to counter the effect...

no...i'll have to give Uki this one...and i'm banging my head on the table at yet another silly inane thread...

OF COURSE MOVEMENT IS TRANSITIONAL IN NATURE AND OF COURSE THERE ARE LAYERS TO ANY MOVEMENT

If you don't look like a shields and yarnell robot dance while performing your kungfu, you are doing it WRONG!

This message approved by robots!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

^^^^

ur old

^^^^

ur old
    soare you if you know who im talking about.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    is a Transitional Movement all external movements or also internal movements ?
    When you use your fork to pick up food from your plate and put into your mouth, is that "internal" or "external"? Do you feel "superior" by referencing the word "internal"?