Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Master Sun De Yao

Master Sun De Yao

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge to the whereabouts or current seminar schedule of Master Sun De Yao?

I previously studied under a Shifu who was a student of his and was wondering if I could find a school of his, or Master Sun himself.

I've tried researching online, but I can't find anything recent. I'm wondering if perhaps he has gone back to China? I know he had a school down south, but I had heard it had closed.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
    ~iuno~

Try this link to tony yang, He has him listed as a visiting master. www.wutangcenter.com
    Everybody has a plan, Til they get hit.

I was also wondering what about Sun Deyao. I had heard that he was several hours north of me and thought I might pay a visit someday.

Kevin

The last time we heard from Master Sun De Yao he had returned to Georgia and went back to Qingdao for a visit. I believe he has since returned and you may want to check and see if he will be giving a seminar or attending the May touranment in St Petersberg Florida--Nick Scrima sponsor.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Thank you RAF
    I'll check into that to see if he might be there.

Anyone have any video of Master Sun De Yao's sword forms? I took one of his seminars on two handed gim and would like to find video so I have a reference for some of the footwork.

I believe there is a video on YouTube of him teaching jian after one of Yang Shu Ton's tournaments in Canton, Ohio.

Richard

Thanks!

Thank you Richard. I was able to find two clips of him, both of a different sword form. Ah well, that's the luck of the draw. Maybe someone will post a different one sometime soon!

KungFuChampionship — April 24, 2009 — Grandmaster Sun De Yao demonstrates 2 handed sword at the 10th Annual International Chinese Martial Arts Championship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N16-t...eature=related

I think the sword might be related to the taji meihua sword that Zhang Wei Fu taught as a seminar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou911hZpjbM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfYmr...eature=related
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Thank you Sir(?)!

Quote Originally Posted by iunojupiter View Post
    Thank you Sir(?)!
    Yep, he is a sir.

Master Sun De Yao and his family has returned to Atlanta--this might be a very good time to organize workshop with him--he is a great guy!

peace brother. im moving to atlanta in two weeks. tried to get in contact with tim. i left a message with him. how do i get in contact with the sifu? if you could help me that would be great thank you!

how do you register?

The Sun De Yao seminar is tomorrow morning at 8am.
    I have hunted all over the website trying to figure out how to register, but it is beyond my skills.

So, I will go tomorrow morning before the crack of dawn and hope for the best.

This is what they tell you to do, but I didnt see any seminar registration.

Once the seminar and workshop schedule for the upcoming tournament is posted, simply fill out the registration form with the codes for each seminar and mail it in.

You can download the registration form as soon as the schedule is available.

This is the website.

http://kungfuchampionship.com/seminars.html

Contacting Tim Pugh

Went to Master Sun's seminar. It was a pleasure to meet him and talk to him.
    I had the chance to engage him in a prolonged Q & A session which was very enlightening.

Here is some info for those who would like to meet him.

From Tim Pugh
    "Sun De Yao is living in the Atlanta area now, but he is only teaching privately and at seminars at this time. We still have the class at Bogan Park in Buford, but I am the one teaching there.

Our websites (haojiamen.com and tanglangquan.com) went down when geocities went defunct. They're being rebuilt, but won't be up for another month or so. Master Sun's website will include contact information for anyone interested in contacting him regarding private lessons or seminars. For more information, people can contact me at this email address.
    haojiamen@gmail.com"