Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: WC in MMA

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Where did I say it was fake?
    I have done IP for a few years, it works and there is a science behind it.
    I don't need "chi" to be real to see and feel what I see and feel.
    I broke when I did TKD and Kyokushin, but I never broke as easily as with IP.
    You don't know Dale, some of us do and some have seen his stuff up close and saw it is real, don't take my word for it (seriously, don't), see for yourself.
    If Mass. is too far, let me know where abouts you are and perhaps I can suggest someone.
    Or not, it's up you.
    I would be happy to check it out. What about this guy?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwNdLSIekG4

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    I would be happy to check it out. What about this guy?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwNdLSIekG4
    What about him?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

The point is that he is a disruptive fool who needs to be banned not whether he can live with himself or cares what people think.
    Frankly (no pun intended, Dale). I find your obsession with Dale way more annoying than anything he posts. If I had to choose one of you two to ban, it wouldn't be him.

But of course, you don't care what people think either.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

To be honest Dale's membership here should make us "traditional wing chun" people think outside the box. I even have to say that though Terence is on some sort egotistical omnipotent stage at least he is saying that we have to train/spar/fight with people outside of our respective kwoons. You'll never know if what you do works if you only train with students and/or classmates. I can do all sorts of things with a student. But can I do the same things with someone trying to wreck me for real? Eventually all the old guard non-fighting theoretical WC guys will pass on and a younger generation of fighters will test WC for real.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Some of us have been 'testing' for years, just no videos for 'ter' to see proof as all lawyers require..."it doesnt matter what you believe , you have to be able to PROVE it ".. from a scene of 'Top Gun'

and he has an agenda ...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond View Post
    To be honest Dale's membership here should make us "traditional wing chun" people think outside the box. I even have to say that though Terence is on some sort egotistical omnipotent stage at least he is saying that we have to train/spar/fight with people outside of our respective kwoons. You'll never know if what you do works if you only train with students and/or classmates. I can do all sorts of things with a student. But can I do the same things with someone trying to wreck me for real? Eventually all the old guard non-fighting theoretical WC guys will pass on and a younger generation of fighters will test WC for real.
    Phil, that's a good post.

But I hardly think I'm omnipotent (LOL!) considering that I get my as kicked regularly by young guns training MMA.

When we in WCK adopt a functional teaching and training approach, like boxing, BJJ, etc., so that sparring is the core of our training, the training becomes the "test". This is why you never hear BJJ or boxers or MT or MMA people talking about "testing" their art -- their training method is the crucible which puts what they are doing to the test.