Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Muay Thai vs Bagua/ Nak vs Maoshan

Muay Thai vs Bagua/ Nak vs Maoshan

And so.... Maoshan a.k.a. Ben Hill, recently fought a Muay Thai fighter named Nakmeezy. This is what happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ls7...layer_embedded

In my own view, Hill didn't train for this match. He was out of shape and he had... well, he had nothing really. He didn't seem to know what he was doing. I've heard that he's a good Bagua practitioner but he doesn't seem to be able to apply it to fighting.

He had made some comments in writing after the fight along the line of Bagua not being a "ring" art, but rather a "street" art. But surely Bagua (at least the systems I'm familiar with) has plenty of simple and basic techniques which would be very applicable in the ring? What makes people think that if they can't use some of the most basic methods of their art in the relative safety of a ring fight, that they will somehow magically be able to apply more complex methods in a real street fight? That just doesn't make much sense to me...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    He had made some comments in writing after the fight along the line of Bagua not being a "ring" art, but rather a "street" art. I.

yeah after that what ever else he has to say is pretty much bunk

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

One fighter spends his time fighting, the other, doesn't.
    The winner was the one that was the better fighter.
    The MT went easy on him, he could have really drilled him a few times.
    Bagua guy had the typical lack of conditioning that guys that don't do full contact have, he wasn't used to getting hit hard and every time he got hit, he lost more of what little conditioning he had.
    He hands were not very good, his kicks were irrelevant.
    The MT guy had good power and speed and hit the bagua guy pretty much at will.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

but only if they allowed kicks to the crotch then he would have shown that mt guy what for!!!

i cant see the vid but i thought bagua guys had their iron body stuff?

that was painful to watch;

and then there's the post hoc commentary...

BTW, didn't Mao Shan have some other dust-up on a playground with some guy like a a year ago where he also got pwned?

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    that was painful to watch;

and then there's the post hoc commentary...

BTW, didn't Mao Shan have some other dust-up on a playground with some guy like a a year ago where he also got pwned?
    That video of the Lyte/Maoshan fight was suppressed. Maoshan and company complained to youtube about "copyright" infringement and had it taken down so it wouldn't embarrass them.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    but only if they allowed kicks to the crotch then he would have shown that mt guy what for!!!

i cant see the vid but i thought bagua guys had their iron body stuff?
    Don't forget the obligatory thumb in the eye and the biting of auditory organs

hi im busy in life(school ) but after watching this guy video i realkly want to say sumting
    i think hes brave for trying and being recorded on video, but i think he didnt really learn his lesson because he didnt get hurt enough. i learned my lesson back in high school my front tooth almsot fell off.
    if he got knocked out he wouldnt be saying the "too deadly for ring" thing after the fight. when i got knocked out i never spoke to anyone about martial arts for 3 years.
    Last edited by bawang; 04-16-2010 at 02:50 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    One fighter spends his time fighting, the other, doesn't.
    The winner was the one that was the better fighter.
    The MT went easy on him, he could have really drilled him a few times.
    Bagua guy had the typical lack of conditioning that guys that don't do full contact have, he wasn't used to getting hit hard and every time he got hit, he lost more of what little conditioning he had.
    He hands were not very good, his kicks were irrelevant.
    The MT guy had good power and speed and hit the bagua guy pretty much at will.
    spot on the bagua guy had no conditioning and was not used to getting hit or hitting anyone....MT guy was playing with him most of the time, some nice takedowns and lovely knees in the clinch. the bagua guy had nothing really, no power no real technique just dived in on occasion

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Don't forget the obligatory thumb in the eye and the biting of auditory organs
    lets not forget the dreaded DIM MAK!

doesnt this maoshan person post here on occasion?

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    That video of the Lyte/Maoshan fight was suppressed. Maoshan and company complained to youtube about "copyright" infringement and had it taken down so it wouldn't embarrass them.
    Is Lyte that kinda skinny dude that was doing that 52 Blocks stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    spot on the bagua guy had no conditioning and was not used to getting hit or hitting anyone....MT guy was playing with him most of the time, some nice takedowns and lovely knees in the clinch. the bagua guy had nothing really, no power no real technique just dived in on occasion
    Just think about it in context of that Nak wasn't even using elbows or knees above gut level....

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Just think about it in context of that Nak wasn't even using elbows or knees above gut level....
    he was playing with him taking it easy...although he looked a bit annoyed when he had the bacl mount and hit his head...after that the bagua guy didn't want to come out and play

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    lets not forget the dreaded DIM MAK!

doesnt this maoshan person post here on occasion?
    Oh yes, there will be blood...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pcsg5_LEJ4

2:03 "high subdue tiger" 2:06 "bait leg" 2:09 "god fist" 2:13 walled in all directions 2:14 "resting bull" 2:32 "bird spreads wings" 2:44 "sitting mountain" 2:47 "luohan guards door/luohan prays" 3:18 "reverse single whip" 3:31 "bird return to nest/yaza tests sea" 3:35 "tiger grabs head" 3:40 "resting bull" 3:44 "ground cannon" 4:43 "reverse single whip" 4:48 "cannon to the head" 4:54 "gold rooster stands on one leg"

the muay thai guy did more kung fu techniques than him
    Last edited by bawang; 04-16-2010 at 03:06 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC