Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is right and/or wrong with this posture?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Nothing

The thing I do feel is wrong is how everybody wants to criticize someone who has used his fame to help promote Wing Chun in the first place, especially when it's quite obvious from the info I have read that Roberts Sifu and the training has had a dramatic effect on his whole life.

Big up the Downey Jr!

Agreed. I see nothing wrong with it. It is a simple pic of him doing Chum Kil. And from what I hear he is pretty decent at it too.

You can't say whether the stance is good or not without knowing his intent.

If he was my student, I'd encourage him to pack his fingers and thumbs together, but maybe he has his reasons.

Personally I have little time for celebrity culture.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

maybe he just did some random pose for the camera

geesh guys

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by MartialDev View Post

He tries really hard, He focus....He does his best..... Cant pick at his effort.

However what he is practicing is totally screw up.

Why?

What he does get him locked into a very narrow dead end state. This type of training is not capable of dynamic flow. but every "single" moves looks "great" but DEAD or useless.

So, cant critic the effort he put in but it is a wrong direction which yield wrong result.

When Terence asking the annoying question of going fighting fighting.

Well, I dont think it is fighting. It is just the basic of does one know what is the different between mimic a "look" power full or "look" proper posture and train for dynamic flow which is needed in action?

It is nothing to do with fighting. it is can one manage dynamic flow. Be specific and be precise otherwise it is just as screw up. one can go fighting all life long and always got beat up. Join this MT club, that WCK club, that Gym, that MMA..... but no can do when it got to action. There are plenty of unfortunate people like that. It is not fighting or not fighting, it is just as simple as does your art train you to have capability of adaptive dynamic flow in action.

so is you WCK that discrete posture training or your WCK the dynamic flow training?

As it says, K1 is no root, waist is not the master, the spine bending flexible-ly similar to it is not bone, one hands spread up becomes 10000 hands.

See, it is all about dynamic flow but most doesnt even know what they read.

but B$ keep pile up, root, structure, center line, K1, using the waist to fajing.....etc.. Those are just totally screw up. one can master all of the above but like a sitting duck when it comes to action. That is because one has never a single hour learn what is action and dynamic flow.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-20-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    However what he is practicing is totally screw up.
    ... That is because one has never a single hour learn what is action and dynamic flow.
    I bet he'd still kick your asz...

nothing wrong with it....how can a person take his wing chun to a high level when they are bound by their mind and judging a technique, posture etc for a picture? Surely wing chun teaches you that you judge by contact not your eyes?

Paul
    www.moifa.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    And from what I hear he is pretty decent at it too.
    Yeah he's totally badazz!

Ahem...

Here's the good stuff, starts after some preliminary BS.. Gives us "street cred".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p3yyiIkzLk

Is Bill G. Kenny's brother?
    Last edited by YungChun; 04-21-2010 at 01:17 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun View Post
    Yeah he's totally badazz!

Ahem...

Here's the good stuff, starts after some preliminary BS.. Gives us "street cred".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p3yyiIkzLk

Is Bill G. Kenny's brother?
    Well, maybe not bada$$. How long has he been training Wing Chun? Not long from what I am guessing. In another few years maybe he will be bad a$$. Most people only train a few hours a week. If they trained several hours each and every day they would show a difference in skills in a short time. It is all relative.