Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the Bad Boy of KFM?

Quote Originally Posted by BGZ BadBoy View Post
    Wow, Dale, you're a correspondent..good for you!..lol. And btw..we all know that the muscle-head has the advantage over everyone else..at least, that's what your hero John Allen thinks..lol.
    You do know that muscle bulk adversely affects your reflexive speed, right? You could argue that it doesn't, but the evidence would strongly suggest otherwise.
    Of course, I suppose Yin Fu's, or even Ma Gui's skinny little frames likewise kept them from achieving a truly high level of martial skill..must all be fairy tales..lol. Hell, even Tat Mau Wong and Lai Hung's (the only fighters, btw, to beat the Thai's at their own game) fighting reputations are probably blown completely out of realistic proportion. Yeah, we'll go with that..lol.
    Anyway, got bored, checked the threads, and decided to comment. Wow..you sure are preoccupied with someone you claim to have absolutely no vested interested in or respect for..lol.
    Again, good for you! Applause!..lol.
    Please..
    Your last name fits.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

You know having SOME muscle is required for your strikes to do anything but bounce off the "musclehead" before he crushes you? What are you going to do? Dim mak him to death? Stufy basicl physiology and get back to me.

As for being a "correspondent", I assume you mean distance learner. Absolutely true, I am a distance learner. But do you know why? Because I joined the Army, and had to leave my original teacher, who, while it pains me to say it, was much like Uki in many respects. Very unorthodox, very intense in training, and trained heavily in nonconventional fighting. If you'd like to see how this "correspondent" fights, you are more than welcome to visit. Because there is no way in hell I am going to Redneckville, Misery to spar with a rodent with an attitude problem. I've been through Joplin more than once. Not impressed.

But really... you are decrying people with muscle mass because you have none. It IS required in martial arts, because conditioning and fitness are key aspects of any real fighting skill. Rodent vs bull? See how that works out for you.

Sifu Dale... if you "fight" him, you MUST videotape it!
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

last time I checked, I think I saw that Mike Tyson had a bit of muscle on him.
    come to thik of it, many good sport fighters out there are build like bricks. I used to follow the K1 like 10 years ago, and most people were pretty big
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    last time I checked, I think I saw that Mike Tyson had a bit of muscle on him.
    come to thik of it, many good sport fighters out there are build like bricks. I used to follow the K1 like 10 years ago, and most people were pretty big
    A lot of people confuse "big" with bodybuilding form when they think the muscle slows them down. You really need to pack on a LOT of muscle before it starts slowing you down instead of speeding you up.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    A lot of people confuse "big" with bodybuilding form when they think the muscle slows them down. You really need to pack on a LOT of muscle before it starts slowing you down instead of speeding you up.
    yep. also depends on over all measurements. I knew a guy once, he was very short and extremely well built. He couldnt touch his back, because his bicepts were to big. But if he was taller, he would have been just right.

but big people are slow.... thats something that small people tell themselves to make them feel better. Its ok. Big guys dont mind.
    得 心 應 手

Oh wait. Big guys arent agile enough to fight either. Cant move like a small guy.

Someone should go tell those huge WWE/WCW (whatever name they go buy these days) guys. Some of those huge mofos do some crazy stuff.
    得 心 應 手

Big is relevant.

Anybody who has ever fought good fighters that are smaller or bigger knows they do not move the same. Ok, lets say very rarely. Ali moved like a middleweight, yada, yada, yada... Lets keep it at mortal level.

Mass times velocity squared. More mass to begin with, more kenetic energy for same speed. You could even calculate how much mass makes up for how much less speed I suppose. Speed and Power.

Then you have the issue of dispersion of the kinetic energy. Is it focused on a vector into a a target, or does the energy leak out through structural flaws, and then how much so? A more efficient delivery means less kinetic energy required for the same results. Technique.

Muscle mass is not a generic commodity. Not all muscle is the same, and hulky dudes aren't always stronger than lithe guys. (I'd love to see Uki and Dale arm wrestle, but the two would probably spontaneously combust due to all the chi...)

Big is relevant. Bigger than you? Smaller than you? Sure size is one of the key attributes to being a good fighter, but like any disadvantage, you can work with it.
    Still, nothing more satisfying than beating a guy bigger than you....

Right Sanjuro?
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Eddie, I don't worry about guys with Biceps as much as I worry about guys with triceps...
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

I worry about the big guys sitting on me!

We have had inmates die because officers have sat on them. You can only breathe lifting a 250+ lb man sitting on your chest for every breath for so long!

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Big is relevant.

Anybody who has ever fought good fighters that are smaller or bigger knows they do not move the same. Ok, lets say very rarely. Ali moved like a middleweight, yada, yada, yada... Lets keep it at mortal level.

Mass times velocity squared. More mass to begin with, more kenetic energy for same speed. You could even calculate how much mass makes up for how much less speed I suppose. Speed and Power.

Then you have the issue of dispersion of the kinetic energy. Is it focused on a vector into a a target, or does the energy leak out through structural flaws, and then how much so? A more efficient delivery means less kinetic energy required for the same results. Technique.

Muscle mass is not a generic commodity. Not all muscle is the same, and hulky dudes aren't always stronger than lithe guys. (I'd love to see Uki and Dale arm wrestle, but the two would probably spontaneously combust due to all the chi...)

Big is relevant. Bigger than you? Smaller than you? Sure size is one of the key attributes to being a good fighter, but like any disadvantage, you can work with it.
    Still, nothing more satisfying than beating a guy bigger than you....

Right Sanjuro?
    That's based on basic science and a gross oversimplification. Muscle composition and biophysics makes the formula, and thus the results, much more complicated. It's not a fat bullet and skinny bullet being fired. This is the contracting of muscles, with all new variables, such as synapses, fast/slow twitch muscles, and muscle memory, along with things such as flexibility and the person's efficiency in their form.

*waits for Durrrrrr to come on and ruin the intellectual value of the thread*
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

More muscle does not mean slower speed. The major problem with regards to fighting (or physical activity in general) is that more muscle mass requires a greater cardiovascular output since blood has to be pumped through more tissue. That's why big guys gas out faster. Thing is, most people don't have to worry about going 25 minutes of fighting, the flip to being big is you can explode and end fights in an instant. Anybody that thinks that skill is going to somehow trump a size advantage is seriously deluding themselves. 10-15lbs is one thing if you train right, start getting beyond that and your chances start to diminish rapidly, even more so if that big guy trains himself. A good big guy > a good little guy almost every time. Anybody that trains realistically knows this, its common sense. Which is just another reason why BGZ***boy is showing he has no combat experience one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    *waits for Durrrrrr to come on and ruin the intellectual value of the thread*
    Actually, I find his posts to be pretty much the opposite of what you say. He might be a pot smoker, but to say he ruins the intellectual value of this thread is a little….. erm… how do you say….. Silly.

No offence though Drake.
    得 心 應 手

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Actually, I find his posts to be pretty much the opposite of what you say. He might be a pot smoker, but to say he ruins the intellectual value of this thread is a little….. erm… how do you say….. Silly.

No offence though Drake.
    He called me a "correspondent" Eddie...
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

sticks and stones

得 心 應 手

~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown