Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Who is the Bad Boy of KFM?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    That is my point, Lesnar should have lost, he won because he got lucky and tagged Couture while he was rising from a bob which stunned him.

Lesnar only had any chance at all because of his size, and his size should not have mattered had it not been for dumb luck!

Something like that can happen to anyone at any time, it is fate or destiny or luck whatever you want to call it!
    his size should not have mattered were it not for dumb luck....come on do you think before you type?

what do you think kept him in the fight for a round and a half, his superior wrestling...his superior striking...or the fact he was so big and strong randy could not put him down or finish him standing and he was so big randy had to be careful because even though he was the better striker punches with 270+ pounds behind them would really hurt him even if they don't land flush(as we saw)

I always am amazed at people who argue against the self evident because of outliers.

It's startlingly revealing of the depths of ridiculousness that humans will go to for no real goal oriented reasoning other than some attempt to be at the top of the heap for a fleeting moment.

awesome.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    I should have quantified my statement.

When you have trained people who have the equivalent amount of training, the bigger stronger person is ALWAYS going to win.

If the smaller person is better trained, has had many more years of exposure to REAL training, then yes, it can be used effectively against bigger stronger people who have no clue as to what is going on.
    Dale, I tend to think of it this way, you have physique, skill and heart. Superiority in any two will beat superiority in just one.

Uki, training on Ice is lots of fun. I think you are my new hero....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

sorry, ive been away from this site for a while (or not really reading all the other threads) so excuse me for asking, but, who is Frost? I think you ROCK man. We have so many similar views.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    his size should not have mattered were it not for dumb luck....come on do you think before you type?

what do you think kept him in the fight for a round and a half, his superior wrestling...his superior striking...or the fact he was so big and strong randy could not put him down or finish him standing and he was so big randy had to be careful because even though he was the better striker punches with 270+ pounds behind them would really hurt him even if they don't land flush(as we saw)
    Do you think before you type?

Being big gave him a chance, he didn't win because he was big, he won because he got lucky with a lucky punch. Being big did help him punch with power, but the fact he was able to take the punch was a matter of "circumstance" if it hadn't happened, all his size and power would not have mattered!

YOU made MY point, when you said he shouldn't have won. He didn't win BECAUSE he was big, he won BECAUSE he was lucky! Although I will concede being big helped. He could have been smaller and still hit with enough power in order to stun Couture and take him out, but he COULDN'T have hit Couture at the right time in the right place if it hadn't been for "dumb luck"!

It was a lucky punch that happened at the right time that gave him the opportunity to win!

THAT IS THINKING!! Try it yourself sometime you might like it!

Luck is how losers justify going home with nothing.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Luck is how losers justify going home with nothing.
    Only in some circumstances!

this is silly

so anyone who kod someone when they are bobbing and weaving got "lucky?"

you guys do know that the over whelming majority of people who bob and weave do so in a pattern and if you can catch the pattern you can nail them right?

drake put it best
    "Luck is how losers justify going home with nothing"

sure randys head was in the wrong place at the wrong time allowing brock to punch him but thats how knock outs happen pretty much..uh all the time LOL

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

That is not the point. Brock was less skilled and experienced than Couture.

Couture should have won, but because of a "possible" but unlikely incident he caught Randy at the right place at the right time. This has less to do with skill and size and more to do with happenstance also referred to as luck, a beneficial confluence of events that might just as easily have not happened!

Not all incidents like this are luck. This one was, in my estimation!

About six months ago I was waiting at a red light in my car with my little girl in the back seat at a busy intersection! The light turned green. I did not immediately enter the intersection with the same kind of timing I use when responding to a red light. I was not distracted in any way. Just for some reason I hesitated before entering the intersection. As I paused, a large truck ran the red light, barreling into the intersection at a high rate of speed. If my timing for responding to a red light had been my most common response time, his truck would have T-boned my vehicle right where my little girl was sitting in the back seat. Most likely she would have died!

Why did I hesitate? I did not have a premonition. I was not distracted by a conversation or a random thought. I hesitated for no apparent reason. Why/How did I avoid an accident? By dumb luck, a happenstance of events that occurred in an unexplained, extraordinary manner at an unpredictable time for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    That is not the point. Brock was less skilled and experienced than Couture.

Couture should have won, but because of a "possible" but unlikely incident he caught Randy at the right place at the right time. This has less to do with skill and size and more to do with happenstance also referred to as luck, a beneficial confluence of events that might just as easily have not happened!

Not all incidents like this are luck. This one was, in my estimation!
    when a person has power in his hands like brock does one punch will decide the out come of the fight

it doesnt matter if a person has more skill or experience if their head is in the way of a person with one punch power they are going down

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    sorry, ive been away from this site for a while (or not really reading all the other threads) so excuse me for asking, but, who is Frost? I think you ROCK man. We have so many similar views.
    to everyone if i get carried away i apologise but some of these comments are silly, brock is the champion because he is a a big strong skilled fighter who out weighs better fighters by something like 50 pounds of solid muscle. it doesn't take a genious to figure out if he and randy (or hell even mir) weighed the same he would not have beaten them at this time in his career, size and strength coupled with his skills have allowed him to make up for inexperience and poorstandup skills.

As for who i am well i used to train TCMA under a few well known masters in the UK (still train it occasionally on my own) thanks to reading posts from the likes of Knifefighter, merryprankster fatherdog and sevenstar on here i started to look into grappling and as a result I now train out of one of the better MMA and grappling schools over here, i have competed in semi contact and sticky hands/barehand sparring stuff back in the day, and in grappling these days, i also spar and train MMA with some very good pro MMA guys.

Anyone that has fought full contact with bigger people KNOWS the advantage of size and reach.
    Can it be overcome?
    Of course.
    Is it overcome regularly?
    No.
    But I will tell you the secret to do it, the secret that allowed me to do it, are you ready?
    TRAIN WITH BIG, STRONG AND SKILLED FIGHTERS !

I think that when you are average size, whatever that may be in your part of the world, you tend to get effected by a bigger opponent MORE than someone who is smaller and has always been smaller and has ALWAYS had to deal with the bigger.

I recall one of my last Kyokushin matches in Montreal, I was fighting a big fellow, 6-4 and 240lbs, he was a nidan like me.
    A friend of mine asked how I was gonna deal with the size and I replied, "Like I always do".
    I had sparred and fought bigger so it wasn't a big deal.
    I didn't win mind you, but I got one knockdown ( he got 4, LOL) and he won on points.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

As a 20 year old, I had an altercation with a 6'6" soldier (E6) who weighed probably 280lbs,( probably had 100 lbs on me at the time, and 7 inches - his fingers were as big as my wrists), in the back of a 4 ton van.

It was like fighting "the Cracken", who had just served 3 tours in Vietnam.

I'm lucky he didn't want to punish me too badly for kicking him in the head, thank God I didn't hurt him...

Hmmmm....I remember thinking, that should have dropped him as I went flying around like a rag doll...

Not much of a lesson, but dayum, makes me laugh still..... His name was Smalls.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Rocky Mountain Oysters
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up