Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the Bad Boy of KFM?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    He called me a "correspondent" Eddie...
    Call in an airstrike there SGT York
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Big is relevant.

Anybody who has ever fought good fighters that are smaller or bigger knows they do not move the same. Ok, lets say very rarely. Ali moved like a middleweight, yada, yada, yada... Lets keep it at mortal level.

Mass times velocity squared. More mass to begin with, more kenetic energy for same speed. You could even calculate how much mass makes up for how much less speed I suppose. Speed and Power.

Then you have the issue of dispersion of the kinetic energy. Is it focused on a vector into a a target, or does the energy leak out through structural flaws, and then how much so? A more efficient delivery means less kinetic energy required for the same results. Technique.

Muscle mass is not a generic commodity. Not all muscle is the same, and hulky dudes aren't always stronger than lithe guys. (I'd love to see Uki and Dale arm wrestle, but the two would probably spontaneously combust due to all the chi...)

Big is relevant. Bigger than you? Smaller than you? Sure size is one of the key attributes to being a good fighter, but like any disadvantage, you can work with it.
    Still, nothing more satisfying than beating a guy bigger than you....

Right Sanjuro?
    You got that right !

As for size and speed, we all see how slow those running backs are, how slow Tyson and Lewis were, how slow 100 meter runners are.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

lol you can still move extremely fast being a big man

ive had no speed issues and the guy who taught me tkd and goju was even faster than me and he was 280 pounds!

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

It comes down to pure simple physics.

Speed + Mass= Power

If you get an object with a larger mass moving at speed, it is going to have more power output than something smaller with less mass moving at speed.

So all the little sticks who think they can create more power by moving faster, are not going to be able to create as much power as someone larger.

Hence you will NEVER see any lightweight knock down or knock out a heavyweight.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    It comes down to pure simple physics.

Hence you will NEVER see any lightweight knock down or knock out a heavyweight.
    actually thats happened more than once

i assume youve never seen the igor gerus vs gerry harris fight? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHsJ1CpuCwk

Quote Originally Posted by BGZ BadBoy View Post
    Wow, Dale, you're a correspondent..good for you!..lol. And btw..we all know that the muscle-head has the advantage over everyone else..at least, that's what your hero John Allen thinks..lol.
    You do know that muscle bulk adversely affects your reflexive speed, right? You could argue that it doesn't, but the evidence would strongly suggest otherwise.
    Of course, I suppose Yin Fu's, or even Ma Gui's skinny little frames likewise kept them from achieving a truly high level of martial skill..must all be fairy tales..lol. Hell, even Tat Mau Wong and Lai Hung's (the only fighters, btw, to beat the Thai's at their own game) fighting reputations are probably blown completely out of realistic proportion. Yeah, we'll go with that..lol.
    Anyway, got bored, checked the threads, and decided to comment. Wow..you sure are preoccupied with someone you claim to have absolutely no vested interested in or respect for..lol.
    Again, good for you! Applause!..lol.
    Please..
    observe! Clueless jibba jabba.

besides all the whining about how Dale has owned you and would crush you, because he would, you go on to make remarks about people who fought in weight divisions and under rule sets that can barely be remembered and are entirely irrelevant to the content.

None of the people you mentioned ever fought in any venue that is typical of today's sportive combative.

You claim to have fielded fighters but can't name any. Or get corroboration. You get called on the crap in your website and you take it down. You then claim you're making another one. You'll get called on that too and take it down, so why bother.

Fool, you better learn some boxing and stop trying to rip people off with some notion that you can actually teach anyone anything about martial arts.

so come on back and whine and rant about what I'm saying, but it's true.
    You need to seriously stfu and seriously practice some martial arts because you are gonna need em with a mouth like yours all the names you drop and all the connections you don't have.

forrest gump was right, stupid is as stupid does.

now retort oh assless one. lol you know you need to.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    actually thats happened more than once

i assume youve never seen the igor gerus vs gerry harris fight? LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHsJ1CpuCwk
    Anyone that wears a unitard, deserves to get Ko'd.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Anyone that wears a unitard, deserves to get Ko'd.
    LOL

but still it proves a point

i never believed size automaticlaly equals power

ive met big guys who couldnt punch for **** and ive met smaller guys who had freakish strength

personally ive always thought smaller guys USUALLY make better fighters( before anyone jumps on this im not a small guy im 6'2 and 230 pounds so im not defending my fellow wee people)

i think most often big guys tend to be very lazy and dont develop to their full potential

and many of them think just because they are big they can kick ass

case in point the video i posted

that big fella was being so c ocky during the announcements he really thought he had that fight in the bag and he got a rude awakening

actually that whole card was like that

america sent quite a few big guys in that tournament and they got destroyed by a much smaller igor vovchanchyn
    Last edited by goju; 05-07-2010 at 07:11 AM.

Size = reach and THAT in of itself is a huge issue.

When I competed in kyoksuhin I fought in no weight limit categories ( typical of kyokushin) and limited ones ( Under and over 200Lbs).
    I was only 140-150 at the time and at only 5'-6", it was quite the task fighing guys full contact that were 4-6 " taller at times and in some cases 100lbs heavier !!

oh i agree size IS a great thing to have no doubt at all

however as that vid i posted proved it really doesnt do much to strengthen your jaw lol

you can be as big as you like but all it takes is one punch or kick and your done

oh i agree size IS a great thing to have no doubt at all

however as that vid i posted proved it really doesnt do much to strengthen your jaw lol

you can be as big as you like but all it takes is one punch or kick and your done
    Well, lucky punches aside, you will find far more clips of big guys beating on small guys than vice-versa I'm afraid.

Well, lucky punches aside, you will find far more clips of big guys beating on small guys than vice-versa I'm afraid.
    i agree but on the flip side ive seen more than enough go the other way to the point where it would make me realize it would not be a good idea to waltz into a fight with a smaller guy thinking my size alone is gonna win it

my experience sparring with smaller mma fighters has helped form my opinion on this subject as well

as far as lucky punches go i dont really believe in such thing as a "lucky punch"

anyway im off see ya guys!

i agree but on the flip side ive seen more than enough go the other way to the point where it would make me realize it would not be a good idea to waltz into a fight with a smaller guy thinking my size alone is gonna win it

my experience sparring with smaller mma fighters has helped form my opinion on this subject as well

as far as lucky punches go i dont really believe in such thing as a "lucky punch"

anyway im off see ya guys!
    Later man-wh0re !

True, but it's why the little guys had to learn tai chi, so they could redirect the force "of the freight train runnin' them down"... That and a little Parkour
    Last edited by TaichiMantis; 05-07-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: I'd love to see someone run up the side of the cage, flip or bounce off, wreaking havoc!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

size/fight

Old saying: It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. Determination often overcomes resistance. We have all seen it and most of us have stuck out in tough parts of training in our past to understand this.