Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the Bad Boy of KFM?

Quote Originally Posted by BGZ BadBoy View Post
    Scott simply has a personal vendetta he's trying to resolve. If I said the sky were blue, he'd walk outside, see the storm-cloud looming, and argue that the sky is indeed not blue (then he would demand evidence and label me a fraud..lol).
    Still avoiding using reason to make your point I see!

I am swooning from all your insight!

Thank you for descending from Asgard in order to share your useless comments!

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    Sahp fu sifu msihk gok yiu, keuih sihk guandung wah!
    does not know mandarin

he knows cantonese

--

From Tim Cartmell's Shen Wu Martial Arts: An Introduction to BaGuaZhang..and I quote:

"In order to create whole body power in the Ba Gua Zhang format, as well as to facilitate the agile and evasive footwork utilized in the Art, all styles of Ba Gua Zhang emphasize complete physical relaxation, correct skeletal alignment, natural movements which are in harmony with the body's inborn reflexes and inherent design and that all movements are directed by the intent."

Perhaps you would like to read the article in it's entirety:
    http://www.shenwu.com/bagua.htm

Of course, I suppose Tim has absolutely no idea what he's talking about either..lol. Please, Scott, enlighten us..is ignorance truly bliss?
    Last edited by BGZ BadBoy; 04-26-2010 at 07:57 PM.
    Si-Fu Tyson Durr
    WuDang Zen Fight Club
    www.wudangzenfightclub.yolasite.com

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Hai waw...danhai ngoh-ge to-dai sik gong potuong-wah!
    Ngoh da deen-wah coi.
    but my disciple knows to speak mandarin.

I will call him up (telephone him).

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    where did you find this? Are there others?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

It's funny I hear Tim isn't even teaching Chinese Martial Arts but instead a Shuai jiao/ Jiujitsu hybrid.

From Tim Cartmell's Shen Wu Martial Arts: An Introduction to BaGuaZhang..and I quote:

"In order to create whole body power in the Ba Gua Zhang format, as well as to facilitate the agile and evasive footwork utilized in the Art, all styles of Ba Gua Zhang emphasize complete physical relaxation, correct skeletal alignment, natural movements which are in harmony with the body's inborn reflexes and inherent design and that all movements are directed by the intent."

Perhaps you would like to read the article in it's entirety for yourself:

Of course, I suppose Tim has absolutely no idea what he's talking about either..lol. Please, Scott, enlighten us..is ignorance truly bliss?
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Perhaps you would like to read the article in it's entirety for yourself:

That is a quote from someone else....an author who you respect, which does not make his comments true. For something to be true the author must demonstrate it to be true not just state it is true. Neither does blindly repeating a traditional view make something automatically true.

Try showing some of your insight and wisdom by stating something for yourself and then defending that comment with supporting evidence. This is a demonstration of insight, NOT blindly quoting something you may or may not fully understand!

Start by demonstrating how walking in a circle and twisting the spine in an unnatural and dangerous manner is "natural movements which are in harmony with the body's inborn reflexes and inherent design"!

BTW I am not saying NOTHING taught in Tai Chi and Bagua, etc are natural movements, just that they are exaggerating their claims. Tucking your anus and sinking the chest are also not natural movements!

So uh anyway, Who is the Bad Boy of KFM? Do we have a consensus?
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    So uh anyway, Who is the Bad Boy of KFM? Do we have a consensus?
    It's David Ross, anyone else is just a pretender. Just because David has been scarce lately does not mean his place has been usurped!

Scott..in case you missed it the first time:
    "Zhu bu xiangxin cunzai de zhenzhu"
    Roughly translated: "Pigs do not believe there is a pearl"..lol.
    Si-Fu Tyson Durr
    WuDang Zen Fight Club

Scott..in case you missed it the first time:
    "Zhu bu xiangxin cunzai de zhenzhu"
    Roughly translated: "Pigs do not believe there is a pearl"..lol.
    This is true, but also "fools see diamonds in the stars!"

You are the one who made claims based upon traditional platitudes, yet you have failed to support your claims in any meaningful way.

While others have challenged my views with thoughtful responses, which I have responded to with equal thoughtfulness, you have not done so in any way other than repeating platitudes and offering insults.

It is true that I offer insults as well, but I have also offered comments that demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the topic and have provided unique explanations of my position and not the old, tired repetition of traditional "empty statements" that provide no reasonable support. Which is what you have done. What I have done is called "thoughtful insight", what you have done is called, "blindly following" others using "empty repetition" of what you clearly do not understand.

If something is a truth it may be demonstrated to be true! Please demonstrate the truth of your view. Defend your view using reason, not platitudes that merely dismiss disagreement as not worthy of responding to, and nothing more. Otherwise all you are is a blind follower having no insight of your own as you have claimed you possess.

You have stated that you come onto the this board when you want to share your wisdom and insights. You have yet to do so in any meaningful manner.

I have demonstrated a willingness to engage in meaningful discussion with those who participate in a meaningful way. You have not participated in any meaning way yet!

If you wish to be taken seriously then try thinking through your view and explaining it in a meaningful manner using descriptions and metaphors that are unique to your way of viewing the topic. Think for yourself and avoid using the words of others, except as support for your already presented argument!

Good luck!!!!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 04-26-2010 at 08:06 PM.

I have clearly stated my position, which is undeniable, unequivocal fact. I have supported that argument with verifiable evidence from an established expert in the field, and still, you continue to argue what you clearly do not understand. Again, your personal vendetta is obvious to anyone reading this thread. regardless of the evidence I present, or how effortlessly I make you to look the fool in the process, you will continue to deny established fact as though you posses some rare insight that separates your opinion from that of the individuals who actually practice these arts.
    Considering this, I will produce still more expert testimony from Tim Cartmell (someone who's knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, I promise you). Tim has studied with some of the most respected Chinese internal martial arts masters and experts on the planet..if you stubbornly insist on refusing to take his testimony into serious account, then honestly, there is little hope for you. This time, Tim discusses Tai Chi (which you have likewise brought into question)..and again, I quote:

"Another hallmark of Tai Ji Quan as a combat art is that it has, as its foundation, the principle of natural movement. All the movements and techniques of the Tai Ji Quan Arts are based upon natural strengths and reactions. Because training is less a matter of conditioning new responses as refining inborn abilities, real fighting ability can be cultivated in the Tai Ji Quan arts faster than most other styles of martial arts. The diligent student of Tai Ji Quan, properly trained, will have acquired real self defense ability in a matter of months, as opposed to the years of training required in many other martial systems."

Must we continue this charade of ignorance which you seem so determined to hopelessly cling to despite all evidence provided to the contrary? I think it's the source as opposed to the evidence you so vehemently oppose, my friend..lol.
    Last edited by BGZ BadBoy; 04-26-2010 at 08:44 PM.
    Si-Fu Tyson Durr
    WuDang Zen Fight Club

LOL!!!!! You are a dimwit......repeating what experts, in your own mind, say is NOT unequivocal fact!!!

You know what you know, but you do not know why you know it. All you have done is blindly follow others you consider to be experts, but may or may not be. If they are experts, that does not make whatever they say true or factual or unequivocal.

If you truly have any insight into the matter at all, you would be able to describe and demonstrate the truth of your view without having to rely on others.

Things are true for a reason. You are not using reason or demonstrating wisdom or insight.

These require independent thought, something you have yet to display!

Start by picking just ONE thing and demonstrate it to be a natural movement and show how it translates into being an advantage in a fight.

1) Suspending the head? Good posture when sitting, meditating, or standing. Poor practice when fighting. It exposes the throat and chin to attack. Tuck the chin and lift the shoulder to protect the chin and throat.

2) Tuck the anus? May have some magical Chi circulation effects, or not! When fighting, it very effectively places the spine in an unnatural position and presents the groin to your opponent saying, "Please kick my balls for me, I want to lose this fight!" Reduces power when striking.

3) Circle walking while twisting the torso outward? Already talked about that ad nauseam! Very impractical and dangerous to the spine!

4) Sinking the chest? Reduces oxygen consumption and greatly reduces power! May have some benefit under very specific circumstances when taking a blow to the chest, if timed correctly, otherwise a foolish practice that will increase thoracic damage!

See how easy that is?

I have not yet pointed out that:

"Nowhere will you ever find any REAL fighter, professional or combat that will tuck his anus, sink his chest, suspend his head, or walk in a circle while twisting his torso outward during a REAL fight!"

This is common knowledge, but I chose to demonstrate my points through reason and unique descriptions.
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 04-26-2010 at 08:58 PM.

"Another hallmark of Tai Ji Quan as a combat art is that it has, as its foundation, the principle of natural movement. All the movements and techniques of the Tai Ji Quan Arts are based upon natural strengths and reactions. Because training is less a matter of conditioning new responses as refining inborn abilities, real fighting ability can be cultivated in the Tai Ji Quan arts faster than most other styles of martial arts. The diligent student of Tai Ji Quan, properly trained, will have acquired real self defense ability in a matter of months, as opposed to the years of training required in many other martial systems."
    Saying it as a traditional platitude and demonstrating its truth are two different things. All he has done is demonstrate he buys into the traditional story.

Name ONE verifiable instance of anyone winning a REAL fight against a well trained and aggressive opponent using Tai Chi, much less as a beginnner.

I'll put my money on a boxer or even a beginner in grappling every time over anyone who only uses Tai Chi.
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 04-26-2010 at 08:59 PM.