Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the Bad Boy of KFM?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Ironically, I got mine at a music festival. It was either Reggae Rising or Sierra Nevada World Music Festival last year. I got it from a booth - one of the Tibetan importers.

I've actually never worked Coachella, but I've had many friends work and play there. They all comment about the dust and lack of decent watering holes. You're the first friend I've heard from about this year's event, LHK (I've been laying low from working the music scene lately). How did the show go? Who was hot? Any acts steal the stage?
    back in the late 80's my business partner and I used to pick up material in India and Tibet (
    Dharamshala, Sikkim and Mustang) go into Nepal and have it all made into retail goods right in Kathmandu and then cart them back in duffel bags to Canada where we would sell it through our store front and through universities.

we had plenty of those buddha eye wallets, shirts etc.

By the time 1995 rolled around, the whole country was saturated with hegemonic goods and we had sold our last saddle blanket.

Those were the days. Oh yes, plenty of big fests. Coachella is pretty new though as fests go. I think it's only been around for 10 years or so.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

the whole state of california will be full of bad boys

once we pass the legalization of ma ri jua na

imagine how many people would travel across the state line

and get high

--

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post

and get high

--

thats what a lot of people do along the american / canadian border...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

"welcome to B.C you poor oppressed americans" they say.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post

and get high

--

well, you are ridiculously in debt and pretty much bankrupt. You gotta rejuvenate California's economy somehow. Only so many tortillas and surf lessons you can sell right?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    well, you are ridiculously in debt and pretty much bankrupt. You gotta rejuvenate California's economy somehow. Only so many tortillas and surf lessons you can sell right?
    Polar Bear got jokes
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    "welcome to B.C you poor oppressed americans" they say.
    pretty much i used to live in northern washington as a teen, used to cross up to vancouver pretty often for concerts, drinking and tshirts. some great concert venues from what i remember.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    That the best you got??!! THAT THE BEST YOU GOT!!!!!

Ok, fair enough...Lok gets my vote. Hope you get over your cold...
    ((((((A-ChOO!!!)))))))
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    **** if i hadnt gotten the white kimbo title already i would soooooo have this one
    Actually I vote for Goju just for him being so Suave Rico
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    I hate you so much....
    I so miss Cali...man I want to go back to San Diego....in other news, we drafted Ryan Mathews!!!!

....did I mention I hate you?.....
    This is for all the haters yo
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Did BG kid's thread get deleted? I certainly hope so. Blatant trolling should be taken care of swiftly. I'm surprised that it was active as long as it was.

Ghostexorcist..Here's a little Troll action, just for you..lol.

http://www.wudangzenfightclub.yolasite.com/

Oh, and BTW, the threads were merged. Beyond that, if a thread I post gets redundant (or I simply bore with it) I typically delete it (depends on the mood I'm in..lol).

Quote Originally Posted by BGZ BadBoy View Post
    Ghostexorcist..Here's a little Troll action, just for you..lol.

http://www.wudangzenfightclub.yolasite.com/

Oh, and BTW, the threads were merged. Beyond that, if a thread I post gets redundant (or I simply bore with it) I typically delete it (depends on the mood I'm in..lol).
    hey - I like what you wrote about "qi" not being "mystical", but rather correct physiology (or whatever);

my personal feeling is this: "qi" is a metaphorical descriptor that encompasses the net effect of interacting body systems and the environment within which that body functions (world / universe); meaning that it isn't a "thing" per se, but an observable set of interrelationships that, when functioning properly result in a dynamic homeostasis, that is, the body is optimally primed for adaptability to change;

so, when we look at so-called "internal" practice (martial or health, whatever), it is, in effect, "challenging" the system to adapt to imposed, relatively-predictable changes, perhaps in anticipation of unforeseen circumstances - sort of like a vaccine against the unknown; of course, combat can be one of those unforseen circumstances, but so can bad weather, emotional stress, etc.

looking at something like bagua or taiji, they, in different ways, correlate to Yi Jing; now, lots of people think it's a "magical" text, but, at least according to my sifu, it's really more of a sociologists handbook - meaning that it looks at the "natural" progression of society from simple to complex and describes the way society interacts and functions; also, there's a correlate to the human body from a Taoist physiological perspective as well; so any practice predicated on Yi Jing should, theoretically, be "stressing" the body in a complete and balanced manner, in effect priming it against all types of eventualities, at least in principle;

that, or I'm nuts;

thoughts?

Actually, your observation on "homeostasis" was interesting. People are typically so far removed from natural system homeostasis, that when this state is naturally realized, it seems almost mystical and magical to the average observer. In fact, all of the techniques, training drills, etc. in BaGuaZhang are intended to teach us about a more natural way of moving, to develop a more natural strength, and to bring into balance the system's many and varied biological systems for optimum performance.,to return us to the "natural", so to speak.
    Good observations. Peace.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by BGZ BadBoy View Post
    Actually, your observation on "homeostasis" was interesting. People are typically so far removed from natural system homeostasis, that when this state is naturally realized, it seems almost mystical and magical to the average observer. In fact, all of the techniques, training drills, etc. in BaGuaZhang are intended to teach us about a more natural way of moving, to develop a more natural strength, and to bring into balance the system's many and varied biological systems for optimum performance.,to return us to the "natural", so to speak.
    Good observations. Peace.
    OK, WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH TYSON DURR?????!!!!
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.