Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the Bad Boy of KFM?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Which translates as:

"The fly in your antelope soup makes the elephant puke!"
    great..I thought it said, "The flagon with the Dragon has the brew that is true."
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Hai waw...danhai ngoh-ge to-dai sik gong potuong-wah!
    Ngoh da deen-wah coi.
    If you kept your antelope soup out of my elephant house, the flies would not come and the elephant would not puke!

Walking a circle is fine if a person wants to use their time doing so, however it is not "directly" applicable to fighting, it is NOT a NATURAL movement and any benefits it provides can be acquired much more easily and quickly by using more direct methods.
    yet to a newborn baby, walking is not a natural ability either.

great..I thought it said, "The flagon with the Dragon has the brew that is true."
    Yes that is a common mistranslation!

"The flagon with the Dragon has the brew that is true." is:

"Sahp fu sifu msihk gok yiu, keuih sihk guandung wah nihao kailan!"

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    yet to a newborn baby, walking is not a natural ability either.
    Each action to its time. A baby cries and poops, in time it crawls and then walks and then runs. It does not walk in circles while twisting unnaturally.

There is rarely any NATURAL need in daily life for people to walk in a circle while twisting their body in an awkward and unnatural manner! It is merely an affectation. Albeit pretty to watch when done well.

And please remember, I am not actually directly criticizing Bagua, only Tyson's ignorance that he passes off as superior, insightful wisdom.
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 04-26-2010 at 05:53 PM.

It does not walk in circles while twisting unnaturally.
    yet most of them have the uncanny knack for spinning in circles to get dizzy... resurfacing genetic memories??
    There is rarely any NATURAL need in daily life for people to walk in a circle while twisting their body in an awkward and unnatural manner! It is merely an affectation. Albeit pretty to watch when done well.
    why learn to juggle then? or to be a contortionist? why learn to jump real high? why practice anything that we wouldn't naturally do??
    And please remember, I am not actually directly criticizing Bagua, only Tyson's ignorance that he passes off as superior, insightful wisdom
    of course, and i thank you for allowing me to further utilize your post to ensure an even greater method of transmitting wisdom and knowledge.

Scott, Zhu bu xiangxin cunzai de zhenzhu.
    Si-Fu Tyson Durr
    WuDang Zen Fight Club
    www.wudangzenfightclub.yolasite.com

My daughter left her bicycle on the front lawn.
    I Told her to get her stuff off the lawn, immediately,
    and as I turned the corner to go into the back yard,
    I turned my body and said, "-and none of your backtalk, Young Lady!"
    I was in the exact posture of, "Wild Goose Leaves the Flock," from Chiang Jung- Chiao's BaGua.
    I remember it well.....(sigh) they grow up so fast....
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

yet most of them have the uncanny knack for spinning in circles to get dizzy... resurfacing genetic memories??
    why learn to juggle then? or to be a contortionist? why learn to jump real high? why practice anything that we wouldn't naturally do??
    Ha, I saw that one coming....I have your number uki......!

Spinning in circles is called play.....walking crawling and running are practical movements used for a purpose. Play, by definition, has no practical purpose, we do it because it is FUN!!

And this is my point. If a person finds Bagua fun, then do it. If someone wants to think it has all kinds of mysterious and cosmic hidden meanings in the movements that is FUN, that is NOT practical. If you want to get good at doing foot sweeps, practice foot sweeps, NOT walking in circles.

However, if walking in circles is FUN and you like the mystery or beauty of it, that is GREAT! You can even PRETEND it is a NATURAL MOVEMENT. But walking in a circle while twisting your torso in the opposite direction, it is NOT a NATURALLY occurring action, it is an affectation!

And it does place shearing force to the spine that can be dangerous under forceful, resisting conditions!

of course, and i thank you for allowing me to further utilize your post to ensure an even greater method of transmitting wisdom and knowledge.
    Always a pleasure to hear from someone with REAL insight rather than a wannbe pretending to be something he is not!
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 04-26-2010 at 06:25 PM.

I remember reading a book in the seventies (around the same time I read Carlos Casteneada's books...so you get where I was coming from..) and it said that children spin around until they get dizzy. It is a natural occurrance. Man seeks to achieve alternate forms of conciousness.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

..might've been "The Natural Mind" by Andrew Weil..?
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

My daughter left her bicycle on the front lawn.
    I Told her to get her stuff off the lawn, immediately,
    and as I turned the corner to go into the back yard,
    I turned my body and said, "-and none of your backtalk, Young Lady!"
    I was in the exact posture of, "Wild Goose Leaves the Flock," from Chiang Jung- Chiao's BaGua.
    I remember it well.....(sigh) they grow up so fast....

Yes, There are also yoga postures and dance moves that twist the spine.

But you were not fighting and you did not NEED to do so! Try doing the same movement while carrying a 50lb load and you risk injuring your back. Do the same thing while trying to move a resistant 200+ lb man while walking in a circle, and good luck to you!

Please refer to my previous post describing efficient use of energy and body movement in order to produce a specific result. i.e. the crawl stroke in comparison to the dog paddle. Beginners dog paddle which is probably the MOST inefficient stroke one can do, it wastes energy even though it is a spontaneous reaction to an unfamiliar circumstance.

Circle walking with an outward torquing twist as a natural occurring action compared to direct practice of foot sweeps. Which one is a MORE natural movement?

But you were not fighting and you did not NEED to do so!
    you haven't met my kids.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

you haven't met my kids.
    LOL!! That is a parenting issue then!

Now THIS would be a very good example of WHEN circle walking would provide a decided benefit!

When the children misbehave, have them circle walk!

Tell them it is either that or sitting in a corner!

Scott simply has a personal vendetta he's trying to resolve. If I said the sky were blue, he'd walk outside, see the storm-cloud looming, and argue that the sky is indeed not blue (then he would demand evidence and label me a fraud..lol).
    Si-Fu Tyson Durr
    WuDang Zen Fight Club
    www.wudangzenfightclub.yolasite.com