Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Obama got 7x more from Goldman Sachs than Bush got from Enron

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Did President Bush give back the money contributed to his campaigns by Enron? As for the hypocrisy charge, wouldn't it be hypocritical to insist others give back money while keeping it oneself? Has President Obama done that?
    Ah, but Obama ran on 'Change'! Remember?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Ah, but Obama ran on 'Change'! Remember?
    Ah, but you're ducking the question.

Ah, but you're ducking the question.
    Not at all. I'm just bringing up a valid point you don't want to discuss.

But What question are you claiming I'm ducking?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Not at all. I'm just bringing up a valid point you don't want to discuss.

But What question are you claiming I'm ducking?
    Did President Bush return the money contributed to his campaigns by Enron? Did President Obama demand other people return money contributed to their campaign(s), while keeping such money himself (a la John Boehner)?

Did President Bush return the money contributed to his campaigns by Enron? Did President Obama demand other people return money contributed to their campaign(s), while keeping such money himself (a la John Boehner)?
    I have no idea. If you want to know, you do the research and source it. I can't argue with facts. But of course I'm not going to produce your arguments for you.

I have no idea. If you want to know, you do the research and source it. I can't argue with facts. But of course I'm not going to produce your arguments for you.
    Meaning you can't find any evidence that President George W. Bush returned any of the campaign contributions.

Oh, and did you call on former President Bush to return the money he received from Enron? If not, then you would be the one guilty of hypocrisy.

What I conclude here is that both President Obama and Ex-President Bush are immoral crooks. What else did you expect?

After all it is the same people who pull both their strings from above!

I really believe that recent events are wake up call for those who cannot see beyond the smoke of inter-party rambling.

The fact is that presidents are selected and not elected, and this selection is not based on their honesty or morality, in fact it is quite the opposite, as proven in the past few decades.

Do please wake up......

Meaning you can't find any evidence that President George W. Bush returned any of the campaign contributions.

Oh, and did you call on former President Bush to return the money he received from Enron? If not, then you would be the one guilty of hypocrisy.
    You said he didn't return the money, thus it's your job to prove it.

Again, Bush didn't run on 'change', your guy did. So Obama is the hypocrite, and a liar to boot.

You said he didn't return the money, thus it's your job to prove it.

Again, Bush didn't run on 'change', your guy did. So Obama is the hypocrite, and a liar to boot.
    No, I (repeatedly) asked if he returned the campaign contributions. At no time did I make an assertion to that effect. Reading is fundamental.

Oh, and President Bush did run on change. He said that he wanted to "change the tone" in Washington. He failed miserably.

No, I (repeatedly) asked if he returned the campaign contributions. At no time did I make an assertion to that effect. Reading is fundamental.
    And I repeatedly said it was moot and that I didn't care. If you care so much, do the **** research yourself.

Oh, and President Bush did run on change. He said that he wanted to "change the tone" in Washington. He failed miserably.
    Nice try. Bad cop-out.

And I repeatedly said it was moot and that I didn't care. If you care so much, do the **** research yourself.
    But if it was so bad for President Obama to accept, and not return, money from Goldman Sachs, why was it not bad for President Bush to accept, and not return, money from Enron? The comparison to President Bush was inevitable due to your very first post in this thread, which is the place where George W. Bush and Enron were first mentioned. I did not bring it up. You did. As such you should be prepared to answer questions about it. Just because the overt hypocrisy you are evidencing (and my pointing it out) is making you uncomfortable, does not make it a moot point. Since you keep claiming that it is moot, this only leads me to believe that you hold Democrats to a different standard than Republicans. Hence: hypocricy.

So, did President George W. Bush return the money contributed to his campaigns by Enron?

But if it was so bad for President Obama to accept, and not return, money from Goldman Sachs, why was it not bad for President Bush to accept, and not return, money from Enron?
    Because Bush didn't run on demonizing Wall Street while taking Wall Street's money.

Because Bush didn't run on demonizing Wall Street while taking Wall Street's money.
    So as long as President Obama didn't criticize them during his Presidential campaign, you'd be fine with him keeping the money?

Of course the titans of Wall Street did almost bring the world economy down. They did cause a terrible recession. Perhaps they were deserving of some criticism, don't you think?
    Last edited by Reality_Check; 04-28-2010 at 12:33 PM.

So as long as President Obama didn't criticize them during his Presidential campaign, you'd be fine with him keeping the money?
    Well he did, so that question is moot.

Of course Chris Dodd and Barney Frank did almost bring the world economy down. They did cause a terrible recession.
    Fixed that for ya.

Perhaps they were deserving of some criticism, don't you think?
    Obviously Obama felt he was deserving of their money.