Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Earth Day

Earth Day

Just curious if anyone here does anything special on Earth Day?

you know things like walking to work or commuting, using less waste, strangle a politician, clean up a river/beach, feed some baby birds in an abandoned nest by regurtitating partially digested worms into their mouths, hang out with some hippies, plant some trees...

things like that.

ill probably walk to work just for the heck of it.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    i might burn some trash or continue filling in our dump.

hell ya dude. make sure and start the bonfire with some old tires!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I flipped our compost on Sunday

I've been trying to compost a recyclable plastic cup and fork. Both are those corn starch things. Neither has decomposed at all and it's been over a year in the compost.

I'm eager to try composting one of those new Sun Chip bags.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I'm eager to try composting one of those new Sun Chip bags.
    funny you mention them... i just bought a bag - they are pretty loud for one and two, i wonder if that bright ink is biodegradable?? LOL... it's the last set of colors i would like to till into our garden soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    drive my Hummer over a beaver dam while eating a Big Mac;

shoot an endangered species, then clone it so I can shoot it again.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Im going to shoot and eat a snail darter, then for the evenings festivities Im going to burn a pile of tires while running my air conditioning full blast. Earth Day what a stupid event, interesting though it was founded to combat GLOBAL COOLING, gibbering idiots.

I'll be sure to take the V8 powered Stang out for a little drive and some tire burning tonight.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

My my, aren't we ornery?

I'm pretty green in general so Earth Day is ongoing for me. Perhaps it's a Buddhist thing, but I don't really celebrate it as distinct. I'm always torn this time of year about what to celebrate. Earth Day is so close to World Tai Chi Day. This year, I think I'm going to celebrate the Cherry Blossom Festival.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

at least World Tai Chi day stands for something and isnt some politically motivated , idiotic power and money grab.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    at least World Tai Chi day stands for something and isnt some politically motivated , idiotic power and money grab.
    Yeah, shame on the Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"-Lee Iacocca
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

to think that mankind, as a species, can ultimately destroy the ecosystem of the planet is asinine... mother nature has an uncanny knack for putting things into their proper place - we as a general body, have been duped into thinking that our planet is somehow inferiour to it's inhabitants... LOL... i hope you all have some popcorn on hand - the show has already begun. *munch* *munch*

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    to think that mankind, as a species, can ultimately destroy the ecosystem of the planet is asinine... mother nature has an uncanny knack for putting things into their proper place - we as a general body, have been duped into thinking that our planet is somehow inferiour to it's inhabitants... LOL... i hope you all have some popcorn on hand - the show has already begun. *munch* *munch*
    The idea is not that we can completely eradicate all life, just that we could make the world unable to support human life.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    two words to research, Ukmeister: Cancer cluster.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.