Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Earth Day

one word... fate.

I always celebrate Earth Day...it's my anniversary.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    I always celebrate Earth Day...it's my anniversary.
    how charming... do you feel like you have been stuck in cement since you did??

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Yeah, shame on the Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"-Lee Iacocca

the Clean Water and Air act were written and imposed by the EPA, the hippies involved with earth day had nothing to do with it, nice try.

"Earth Day, a holiday created to honor the planet and to raise the consciousness of man's effect on the environment. Philadelphia has a very strong tie to this day. One of its native sons, Ira Einhorn, was a co-founder of the environmentalist jubilee.

But Mr. Einhorn has another line on his resume. In addition to being a environmental guru, he is the Unicorn Killer.

While a student at the University of Pennsylvania, Mr. Einhorn dated a Bryn Mawr College graduate by the name of Holly Maddux. When the affair ended in 1977, Mr. Einhorn went into a jealous rage and murdered her."

Fanstastic, just fantastic. But look away dont pay any mind to the losers invloved or a murder committed, you need to focus on the wonderful, dewy eyed intent. Earth Day founded by a psychotic Wisconsin Democrat and a murderer.

the mantis shrimp knows kung fu!

This seems to sit here better than on the media forum.
    Oceans Review
    Published by David Pinson on: April 22nd, 2010

OceansThe recent spike in the popularity of 3D movies has been driven by the audience’s desire to be completely immersed in our entertainment. We want to plug in. Oceans, the new underwater documentary from Disneynature, is a marvelous two-dimensional reminder of how effectively a film can transport you completely to a foreign world without the use of special effects. The only special effect on display here is Mother Nature in all her splendor.

The film begins with a question. “What exactly is the ocean, what is the sea?” French directors Jacques Perrin and Jacques Cluzaud’s film spans the Earth’s waters showing us the answer. It is a world populated by a huge variety of creatures, of which Océans presents the most bizarre and beautiful. We meet the blanket octopus that moves through the water like a sheet swaying in the wind. There are spider crabs that scuttle in herds and resemble legions of warriors clashing on the battlefield. My favorite is the footage of the mantis shrimp as he protects his home. No spoilers here, I will merely say the mantis shrimp knows kung fu.

The documentary is a companion piece to last year’s Earth Day release, the appropriately named Earth. Both are a bit of a throwback to Disney’s old documentary series “True-Life Adventures,” a collection of short, two-reel films that Walt Disney produced and presented with his films and television shows from 1948 to 1960. Disneynature is carrying on this tradition by making these first-rate documentaries an annual occurrence, already announcing next year’s installment, African Cats.

The narration by Pierce Brosnan is serviceable, but a tad weak. These nature docs are better suited for a standard crisp British accent guiding us through our odyssey — Morgan Freeman is pretty good at it too — but Brosnan continually comes off as pedestrian.

OceansThe film also has a terrible tendency of presenting mankind as a menace to the planet and its inhabitants. The main idea presented here is that the human race has thrown nature out of whack, a grim point of view that makes the film a little too preachy.

Perrin and Cluzaud’s footage contains some of the most amazing cinematography ever captured in a documentary, including a scene where the filmmakers were somehow able to keep pace with a pod of dolphins racing through the water at incredible speeds. Sections of the documentary are exhilarating and astonishing while other moments lull you into an almost hypnotic state. There’s also a delicate balance of the cute and cuddly mixed with the fanged and ferocious.

See Oceans on the big screen. Take the kids. Learn the secrets of the deep and meet the wondrous beasts that call it home. And don’t forget: the mantis shrimp knows kung fu.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

nothing wrong with having a day to celebrate our planet. nothing wrong at all. and that murderer guy really had very little to do with the development of it. he was involved with invironmental groups and was the master of cerimonies during the first earth day event, but was not pivitol to the development of...in actuality HE claimed to have been instrumental in the development of earth day,w hich is disputed of course, basically its his word against everyone elses.........though i dont put a habit in believing the claims of murderers lol. so to say he started earth day is rather scewed, if any one person were to take claim, its a man named G@ylord Anton Nelson hes the principle founder of the movement.

which doesnt really matter anyway....none of those people matter. hate it love it, that doesnt matter either.

for some people everyday is a day to celebrate our planet. for others, they could not care less about the planet.

dont really see how its a bad thing to promote awareness though....

dont make me use my power ring to summon the captain!

Looting and polluting is not the way
    Hear what Captain Planet has to say!

"The Power is Yours!"
    LOL IM SUCH A D0RK!~!

Last edited by Lucas; 04-23-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I just had a great Idea!

I'm going to kill the buddha, then clone him and kill him again.
    Perpetually, for Earth day, until the sun eats earth in a couple of billion years.

sorry buddha.

Kung Fu is good for you.

I'll help, but we're going to turn this into some superbestfriends fun.

we'll clone and murder Buddha, Moses, Joseph Smith, Krishna, Jesus, Lao Tzu, Muhammad and Sea Man.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I'll help, but we're going to turn this into some superbestfriends fun.

we'll clone and murder Buddha, Moses, Joseph Smith, Krishna, Jesus, Lao Tzu, Muhammad and Sea Man.
    seaman? i kill lots of them regularly.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The Sun Chips bags ROCK!!!

uki was right - those Sun Chips bags are hecka noisy. They even come with a warning label on the bag. I'm taking them to movie theaters and golf tournaments. I wonder if I can arrange to place Sun Chip bags in the snack baskets for all the tai chi judges at TCKFMCII.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

That sun chip bag still hasn't decomposed

I just flipped my compost again last weekend and my noisy sun chip bag was still in there, right alongside my 'compostable' corn syrup cup.

I couldn't find my corn syrup fork, so maybe that actually did decompose. Maybe it was just covered with compost as I didn't sift it. I just flipped it.

Now I can't find those compostable sun chip bags anymore. I'm beginning to think sun chips had us on with that.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    drive my Hummer over a beaver dam while eating a Big Mac;
    You eat Big Macs?

I am not generally known for cowardice, but when faced with a situation where I have to eat Mc Donald's burgers, then I am not ashamed to run for the hills.....

I mean, I'd rather eat the beaver......

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    You eat Big Macs?

I am not generally known for cowardice, but when faced with a situation where I have to eat Mc Donald's burgers, then I am not ashamed to run for the hills......
    You can probably find some good nutrients in them thar hills.

It is my stated goal in life to be the oldest American who has never eaten at a McDonald's.

My wife tells me I have probably reached my goal but I doubt it. I don't think they have McD's in Shugnak, Egegik or Shaktoolik yet.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    You can probably find some good nutrients in them thar hills.

It is my stated goal in life to be the oldest American who has never eaten at a McDonald's.
    Hey congratulations.

And for that reason you will probably live a longer and healthier life than most Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland
    My wife tells me I have probably reached my goal but I doubt it. I don't think they have McD's in Shugnak, Egegik or Shaktoolik yet.
    They will probably get there too as long as there are people naive enough to think that government regulators would not let anything harmful get into their food chain.

Other harmful chemicals include, Aspartame, Fluoride and Monosodium glutomate.