Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sydney Guangzhou Pak Mei Training Video

@Yum Cha - will do next time I pop by. I recall it was Sunday afternoons. PM me with the exact time so I won't miss you guys.

Thx
    F

Violence is a horrific thing and somethings can scar us for life.
    One must be cautious of systems that advocate extensive use of brutal violence as a need for combat effectiveness and do NOT temper it with compassion and understanding and regret.
    Some systems, teachers really, have been know to attract sociopaths, one must be cautious of that.

Nice clips MOFU, but the lack of chi projections and silky jammies makes m e question the authenticity !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

What?? You didn't see the Chi balls flying off?

Wouldn't broadcast that too loudly, you know, street cred and all that....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Good to see a clip up!

The Jik Bo you perform has a few steps more than I am used to. What is the point for doing the step before the punch? What are you wanting to develop I mean? Also it looks like you are really leaning out over your punch, coming from the waist rather than from your shoulders and making it too tensed...Is that how you guys emphasize FCTT?

The clip looked very dragon influenced...Why didn't your teacher Ah Sing perform?

Cheers

Tao

Lots of questions Tao, looks like you have a puzzle.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

No, that is your puzzle that you are putting together on that clip. I am not on that clip. I just wondered why you all were expressing things that way, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post

No, that is your puzzle that you are putting together on that clip. I am not on that clip. I just wondered why you all were expressing things that way, that's all.
    Yum Cha,

Can you please answer Tao's question?

Thank you in advance,

Jorge
    Last edited by Jorge; 04-27-2010 at 05:06 PM.

yum cha,

Thanks for the vid's, I'm very suprised tou have no screwdriver set in your class, I thought we all had that in our lineage.

Any way there is far too few video's of pak mei being performed the way you and I believe it should be and I for one care not a jot how many steps you have.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by esox View Post
    yum cha,

Thanks for the vid's, I'm very suprised tou have no screwdriver set in your class, I thought we all had that in our lineage.

Any way there is far too few video's of pak mei being performed the way you and I believe it should be and I for one care not a jot how many steps you have.

Thanks again
    Thanks Esox. Yes, the screwdriver form... I've always put off learning it, because after you learn it, man, you are screwed...

He used to carry that screwdriver around with him, under one of his rags, all the time.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Tao, and Jorge,

There is a certain decorum, don't expect me to give you my insight unless you put up what you think first. If its not engaging, I can't be bothered. I respond the same way to other peoples posts, you got to lay it out if you want to play.

You are both Yau Kung Mun / White Tiger students, and both styles claim to know or be Pak Mei. You don't think perhaps that may be colouring your interpretation?
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

I did tell you what I thought. But you replied that I had a puzzle? Which makes no sense because you are putting together that puzzle on that clip.

Me talking this is much more engaging than everyone telling you 'great job.' Anyhow, I think it was my BJJ practice that coloured my interpretation more than anything...

Anyways, I will give it to you guys though. You don't look like any Bak Mei, Yau Kung Mun, or White Tiger I have ever seen, anywhere.

Tao,
    I thought I should add, that stepping exercise was first taught to me by your Si Gung.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Tao,
    I thought I should add, that stepping exercise was first taught to me by your Si Gung.

What does that have to do with anything? We're asking what's that type of stepping for, as you're taking an extra step. We don't train Jik Bo like that, so I can't give insight on something I don't train. Why would I ask, if I aleady knew the answer?

Jorge
    Last edited by Jorge; 04-28-2010 at 06:05 PM.

So you are practicing Yau Kung Mun?

I've also seen it in Ly Jik bo where you run through the punch as if you are catching up with your opponent after you hit him. Then, from there you do the ripping motion for the throw. Is this the point that you were taught? So that you stick to your opponent assuming that you hit him hard with that right cross, so that you can follow up by ripping him to the ground?

There are no ill intentions here man. I just wanted to see what you thought about it. For the record since you are practicing Yau Kung Mun I guess, and this isn't ill intended either, you are hunching over too much. It looks like you are fighting a midgit! Hunching over doesn't equal FCTT.

Again, what are you doing that extra step for and hunching over so much when you do it, then ripping. This isn't kinematically important doing it that way, IMO.

The screwdriver set is only for the inside the inner gate on the comfy chair students. Cuh, don't you people know that!

This 'extra' step business and the questions pertaining to it.
    What is the name of the set and what is one of the points of the set?

Yes that's right - forward step.

Look at the performances of Gou Bou Toi you can easily find on the t'interweb. How many steps back are there after 'Emperor offers wine' ? Do YOU know absolutely? I don't. Fact is it doesn't matter. Different people do different amounts, it's not a big deal. 'Some' steps and understanding the technique is what matters.

Unless of course the performance from Tiger on Dutys Sifu is 'wrong' and the performance from Ringo Lo is 'wrong' and the performance from Lee Sifu's students in London is 'wrong'. I don't think so. They are all, 'right'.
    THE step is what matters. How many is irrelevant. It's a form. A form performed and practiced on one's own in order to learn the techniques.

TAO YIN, could you explain what you mean by this - "This isn't kinematically important doing it that way, IMO."