Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sydney Guangzhou Pak Mei Training Video

Sydney Guangzhou Pak Mei Training Video

Here's a video we just put together, posted on our Youtube channel. It shows general training and some techniques.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqoV_ivujLM

Also, there is a cool 20 year old video of a crazy old monk doing some Ba Qua and Pak Hok inspired stuff. I love his Giant Screwdriver form...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_stE...eature=channel

Thanks for the feedback in advance.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Hi Yum Cha,

Isn't that Chan Hak-Fu's son in the second video in the Glebe Temple? I wonder where he is now.

XJ

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    Hi Yum Cha,

Isn't that Chan Hak-Fu's son in the second video in the Glebe Temple? I wonder where he is now.

XJ

Hi XJ, Yes indeed, that's him. Lost track of him years ago. Haven't seen him at the temple on new years for a long time, maybe 5-8 years.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Hi XJ, Yes indeed, that's him. Lost track of him years ago. Haven't seen him at the temple on new years for a long time, maybe 5-8 years.
    Hi Yum Cha,

if that is Chan Hak Fu's son, what is that he was performing?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gru Bianca View Post
    Hi Yum Cha,

if that is Chan Hak Fu's son, what is that he was performing?

Cheers
    Whatever he wants.....LOL....

Truth is, I have no idea. We were filming one day, and we asked him if he wanted to be filmed, this is what he did.

He always said he did Ba Qua, but everybody else said he did Pak Hok, because of his father. I was hoping a Pak Hok or Ba Qua guy might have some comments.

Of course, given circumstances of late, we might not get a lot of Ba Qua people commenting.....

Perhaps Pak Hok?

Just out of curiosity, he look like he has the goods, or just silly? Regardless of his father.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Whatever he wants.....LOL....

Truth is, I have no idea. We were filming one day, and we asked him if he wanted to be filmed, this is what he did.

He always said he did Ba Qua, but everybody else said he did Pak Hok, because of his father. I was hoping a Pak Hok or Ba Qua guy might have some comments.

Of course, given circumstances of late, we might not get a lot of Ba Qua people commenting.....

Perhaps Pak Hok?

Just out of curiosity, he look like he has the goods, or just silly? Regardless of his father.

I do practice Pak Hok and that's why I asked you what he was performing in the first place.

I do not see much Pak Hok in there but it might just be me and my limited knowledge.

Cheers and thanks for the videos

movements are vaguely, I mean VAGUELY Pak Hok pai "chut yip bouh" but man, wow, wow, man, weird
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Yeah, when I first saw that, without knowing who he was, I was thinking that he was doing an improvised "martial dance" to the music. Maybe he was....
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    Yeah, when I first saw that, without knowing who he was, I was thinking that he was doing an improvised "martial dance" to the music. Maybe he was....
    Cerebus, I think you are pretty close there... The drums are just overlaid, so it was off the top of his head.

He was a mercenary in South America after WWII, fighting in the jungles. You got NCO rank by beating the guy that outranked you. He was Cmd Sgt Major. If messed him up though, and he became very religious, and a little looney.

Dave, didn't I show this to you before?
    Last edited by Yum Cha; 04-21-2010 at 11:31 PM.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Cerebus, I think you are pretty close there... The drums are just overlaid.

He was a mercenary in South America after WWII, fighting in the jungles. You got NCO rank by beating the guy that outranked you. He was Cmd Sgt Major. If messed him up though, and he became very religious, and a little looney.
    Wow. No kidding. Yeah, having been in the military myself, I can understand how violence ****s people up. And yeah, Command Sgt Major is as high as it gets. I hope he's found peace within himself...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Yea, it was sad. He got into trouble, pulled out a cops eye after a bar fight, and got institutionalised. I saw him once after that on meds and he was broken in spirit.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Yea, it was sad. He got into trouble, pulled out a cops eye after a bar fight, and got institutionalised. I saw him once after that on meds and he was broken in spirit.
    That's really sad.......
    In all honesty in all this years... the first time I heard him being mentiioned was by you few years back. Within the Pak Hok Pai comunity that I am familiar with (including Australia) I never heard him being mentioned not even when his father was...... I wonder......

Quote Originally Posted by Gru Bianca View Post
    That's really sad.......
    In all honesty in all this years... the first time I heard him being mentiioned was by you few years back. Within the Pak Hok Pai comunity that I am familiar with (including Australia) I never heard him being mentioned not even when his father was...... I wonder......
    He was estranged from his father, I know that much. Also, he always talked about Ba Qua, not Pak Hok.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

I have seen you guys training at that park a few times! nice videos...

@ Friday, stop by and say hi next time.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng