Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Master Lee Kam Wing

Qi Xing Tong Long Guest
    Todd:

You know it's people like you that give martial arts a bad name. I've been involved with some of the best instructors around in the US and Asia and still in my 31 years of training in martial arts, I wouldn't dare try to create a new style, I have come up with my own concepts within my teachings, but that is not a style.

I'm a certified 7 Star Mantis Kung Fu instructor, I am also a certified Filipino martial arts instructor, I have countless of seminar hours and certificates of JKD training, I'm a certified Thaiboxing instructor, so please don't give me any BS on what I should try, been there done that.

Yet, none of this gives me the right to create my own system. Oh, by the way let me educate you, cause as a GM that you claim to be, you have already made your first mistake and that was to say, that your art was based on power. Softness always overcomes hardness, read the story about the "bamboo and the oak tree".

And you know what, yes I want to meet you and test your skills, because that is what I have been known for, you made the calling, well then I'm accepting. Here is my school address:

562 Stewart Ave. Bethpage, NY 11714
    (516)942-4025

I'm located in Long Island and very easy to find. By the way the Nationals doesn't make you a fighter, thats all point BS. I was a member of the Miller-Lite National Karate Team as a Kung Fu representative, been rated #9 nationally and #1 regionally so cut the crap.

I know a lot of great martial artist that are great fighters and teachers and they also wouldn't dare insult the arts by coming up with there own system.

So, your arts name is for you to know and for me to find out later? well I'm calling you, I want to find out NOW!.

Get a life and don't challenge people that you no nothing about. Bruce Lee once said "Kung Fu is no child's play", you're not Bruce Lee and obviously you have misinterpret his writtings.

Bruce Lee said: "don't get caught in the classical mess" (in other words be creative with your fighting, based on what you have) he didn't say go and create your own system.

You are going to lose this one, I've been training kung fu since I was 9 years old and I just turned 41 yesterday. I am still seeking knowledge from reputable masters, I have no reason to glorify myself by creating a style.

My glorification comes when I produce a good student and I pass on the traditions that have been passed to me. You see Todd, in my family tree of kung fu you can trace my name all the way back to the Shaolin Temple, from the founder, to his student and to his student, and to his student, etc., can we say that about you?

I don't like challenging people but Todd, I will go on the record here, I'm calling you out, come and get me, I'll be waiting for you at my school or we can meet at a park, your choice. Oh, and bring some jow cause you're going to need it.

Raul Ortiz, Sifu

------------------
    Ortiz Northern Shaolin Temple 7-Star Praying Mantis Chinese Boxing Academy

DF Guest
    Well said Sifu Ortiz.

And for those who dont know sifu Ortiz, this man is for real, and he takes challenges very seriously like any respectable sifu would.

peace

DF

[This message has been edited by DF (edited 09-14-2000).]

RAYNYSC Guest
    Glad to see that you are still keeping it real Sifu Ortiz. Hope to make it up to the school for the LKW semi this month.

If not I'll see you soon...
    Oh & by the way happy birthday
    all the best.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

PEACE [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

------------------
    RAYNYSC

[This message has been edited by RAYNYSC (edited 09-15-2000).]

4. Lee Kam Wing

There's an article I recently read on www.chinwoomen.com about Lee Kam Wing. It's on the topic of "Selling Tradition". I was wondering if anyone here had read it, and what they thought about it.

you are trying to stir up an empty hornets nest.....this topic died ages ago.

The article you read is only Sifu Pels side of the story, master lee also has his side.

in the end you have to agree to disagree.....too much slandering and politics wastes life.....enough of petty arguments, train hard and train for yourself.

craig

7. I wasn't trying to stir up any arguments or anything, I was just curious as to whether or not there was another side to it or not.
    "He who knows, does not speak. He who speaks, does not know"

Lao Tzu

SUMMER 2018 Kung Fu Tai Chi

READ The Devastating Palm Techniques of the Seven Star Mantis Style By Lee Kam Wing and Derrick Wright in our SUMMER 2018 issue.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart