Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would it take to fix mma

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    a good fighters union might help but i know that would probably never happen.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    You can bring that up just fine, my money doesn't go into such crap.

What I'm talking about is the total lack of any reliable measure of whether an amateur mma event is going to be worth the money, not necessarily by the measure of its competitors, but how worthwhile it will be for those competitors to put their time and money into such an event.
    There are some pretty hack events. But that's an issue of money and promotions and stuff. Not much that can be done from a fighter's POV. Just show up and try to put on a good fight. As far as competitors are concerned, as long as I'm not going to get tetanus off the cage I'm fine. A fight is a fight, one more step on the road. You should see some amateur boxing events. You never even know who (or if) you'll be fighting til everyone weighs in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    a good fighters union might help but i know that would probably never happen.
    Honestly, I think it'd kill the low level regional MMA. Unions are weird in that they will be all varied state to state. And only the big promotions are going to be able to front them. Yeah it probably sucks getting paid only $300 a fight, but that's how it is. Some of these small events might be lucky to get 1000 people in attendance. $35 a ticket, that's not a lot of revenue by time you figure in all the costs.