Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Confession

My Confession

I practice Xing Y and Chen Taiji. I try to see all the possibilities of applications. BUT, when I see the BJJ folk, I see myself being able to handle myself fairly well while on two feet. Then if they happen to take me to the ground, it looks like it would be over fairly quickly for me.
    Mind you, I don't mind having expertise in BJJ, but I don't want to spend 4-6 hours a week with my face in another man's crotch or armpit. And then there is the Ringworm and Staff infection thing.

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    I practice Xing Y and Chen Taiji. I try to see all the possibilities of applications. BUT, when I see the BJJ folk, I see myself being able to handle myself fairly well while on two feet. Then if they happen to take me to the ground, it looks like it would be over fairly quickly for me.
    Mind you, I don't mind having expertise in BJJ, but I don't want to spend 4-6 hours a week with my face in another man's crotch or armpit. And then there is the Ringworm and Staff infection thing.

All my years in Judo and then the few years I spent in BJj and not ONE infection or anything.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    All my years in Judo and then the few years I spent in BJj and not ONE infection or anything.
    "but I don't want to spend 4-6 hours a week with my face in another man's crotch or armpit."

THIS is the part he LOVED!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    "but I don't want to spend 4-6 hours a week with my face in another man's crotch or armpit."

THIS is the part he LOVED!
    Well, he can always join a co-ed gym

Wow, I mean, just wow;

screw TSK - I'm signing my son up wherever they train!

Yep because tai chi and bagua have proven themselves great stand-up arts.......anyway to your inane ramping post

you see yourself being to handle yourself on your feet but getting beat on the ground...heres a novel idea instead of thinking go to a gym and actually find out, as for the anti *****sexual connotations in your mail grow up and get a life

lol i actually train with a few girls that look like this...unfortunantly they don't dress like that in training

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    lol i actually train with a few girls that look like this...unfortunantly they don't dress like that in training
    You must have went to the wrong lineage.

You must have went to the wrong lineage.
    lol i just wish i could watch them role more closely but my girlfriend sometimes trains at the same gym so i have to behave myself

If you have skills, why not just develop your own techniques for ground fighting. Every system has something that can apply to the ground if you take it seriously. Japanese jiujitsu has everything you need for ground fighting, and most any system will have. You just need to look at it closely and determine what you can use there and how to apply it most effectively.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 05-10-2010 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    If you have skills, why not just develop your own techniques for ground fighting. Every system has something that can apply to the ground if you take it seriously. Japanese jiujitsu has everything you need for ground fighting, and most any system will have. You just need to look at it closely and determine what you can use there and how to apply it most effectively.
    The term is JAPANESE jujutsu.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 05-10-2010 at 02:53 AM.

the use of racist terms is unacceptable in this day and age.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 05-10-2010 at 02:52 AM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

had a cute older woman at our bjj class XD i she was much more fun to practice with than the guy who smelled like he rolled around in dog crap before he came into the gym

i never got staph but i was sick frequnetly from all the grappling classes

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Mind you, I don't mind having expertise in BJJ, but I don't want to spend 4-6 hours a week with my face in another man's crotch or armpit. .
    That scares you worse than knowing you're going to get the snot beaten out of you as soon as a fight goes tothe ground?

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post
    That scares you worse than knowing you're going to get the snot beaten out of you as soon as a fight goes tothe ground?
    Taryn P. wins the Internetz!