Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: My Confession

'60's

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I'm not doing this as a moral service, but purely for trolling purposes. The joy of revealing the utter geekiness of fifty year old men haranguing teenagers and speaking like life is a Charles Bronson movie is incomparable!
    sounding like a broken record here.... but guy's in their '50's are real young compared to us really old guys.... trust me, very few of us who grew up in the mid-'60's were truly geeks..... there were no personal computers then, or other geeky toys.... it was strictly cars and girls and if course, the War......

But some of us seemed to lose the anti-establishment mode - and so we became the establishment...... experts on everything.... sorry..... can't find a good hippie anymore when you need one.... we all grew up!

back to the broken record...... I can't remember having such a good time on our internal forum!
    .... Skip

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I'm not doing this as a moral service, but purely for trolling purposes. The joy of revealing the utter geekiness of fifty year old men haranguing teenagers and speaking like life is a Charles Bronson movie is incomparable!
    Actually, you are performing a moral service. I forgot that if you go to a forum for a style that is basically pretend theoretical non-fighting, it will be made up of a bunch of pimply-faced teenagers who do forms in their parents' basements. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Actually, you are performing a moral service. I forgot that if you go to a forum for a style that is basically pretend theoretical non-fighting, it will be made up of a bunch of pimply-faced teenagers who do forms in their parents' basements. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Well yes Dale i'm sorry to dissapoint you but guys who are active well known competitors like you were (snicker) are usually busy training instead of arguing online all day with "pimply faced teenagers"

That and many of them have jobs. wives,kids etc,etc to attend to so when this all adds up arguing online tends to take a back seat to you know.... real life and stuff.

But i suppose once your competition days slowed down you haven't much to do besides lurk around your house all day chasing squirrels off your lawn, collecting dust, and the ever so frequent e- p enis measuring contest with your fellow KFM posters.

However i wouldn't say you don't have your uses. I never before have seen a guy your age act like this on a forum before so its provides a seemingly inexhausatable form of amusement to me and im sure many others who frequent the board.

Last edited by goju; 05-21-2010 at 11:01 PM.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post

I'm sorry, the culture of martial arts I prefer doesn't call for joining in on smack talking and other counter productive behaviors.

However, as I own a Hank Williams, Jr. album, I am not completely unfamiliar with mma culture.
    Last edited by KC Elbows; 05-24-2010 at 03:21 PM.