Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Confession

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Typical mma wannabe reaction! If someone you DON"T KNOW does something you DON"T UNDERSTAND to qualified people YOU DON"T KNOW, IT COULDN'T have happened because it doesn't fit in your fantasyland view of MMA!

THEY WERE GRAPPLERS WHO COMPETED IN GRAPPLING CONTESTS!!!

I don't know anymore about them because it was over 10 years ago! I beat them both easily numerous times, LIVE WITH IT!!!

That is exactly the attitude of wannabe fantasyland people I am talking about!

The thing about knifefighters, and it is something people can't seem to get in their heads here on this BB is, you won't see the knife until AFTER you are already cut, bleeding and dying!

If the guy is showing you his knife, he is a novice and you at least have a chance to beat him. I had a guy pull a knife on me once. I took off my jacket and swung it at his knife and knocked the knife right out of his hand!! See what I mean? he showed me his knife......odds are he is a beginner! A real fighter kills you before you even know you are dead.

I went to high school with a guy who did just that! Guy walks up to him posturing, Guy is DEAD!!!!! Guy I know, in jail!! Knew he was going to jail! Didn't care he was going to jail!! REAL BADGUY!!!

THAT is the real world. NOT this piddly little barroom wannabe fights, "I'll meet you in the parking lot" pu$$y little duel fights! This was a REAL fight with a REAL bad guy and it was someone I knew.

Speaking of pu$$y little barroom duel fights:

I worked with a guy whose brother was with a friend at a bar who got called out into the parking lot to fight. As they were walking out my friend's brother, who was NOT a participant in anyway, only a spectator, was cleankocked on the way out the door, fell and hit his head, and has permanent brain damage.

Another story,

A guy I went to high school with walked up to a guy who was standing next to a wall. The guy had called him over. When he got near the guy he brained him with a pipe he had been hiding behind the wall. The victim didn't even know the guy didn't like him! REAL BADGUY!!!

Shall I tell more???? I got more!

My sister's husband, whom I have known since I was 12 and the guy who got me into the martial arts, had a friend who as an Army Ranger, who had killed people in combat, was a demolitions expert and went on secret mission in central America AND worked as a bouncer, AND was higher level blackbelt in Kempo was killed in his home by an ex-girlfriend with a .32 handgun. AND he tried to defend himself the autopsy said!

Hmmmm.....so much for all those guys who will dump someone on their heads or get to their assailant before they can be shot!!!!

But I know, it wont happen to anyone here because everyone here is way more prepared and trained IN MMA.......RIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!

Last story,

The guy I took my blackbelt test with over 30 years ago is at work. He gets into a fist fight with another guy. My friend is about to knock the guy out, guy pulls a gun on my friend. My friend, who is rather smart I would say, calmed himself down immediately and calmed down the guy with the gun. They both survived and no one went to jail!!! HMMMMM???? NO MMA!!!!!

Maybe not a REAL badguy, but anyone with a gun IS dangerous and can kill you before you can dump him on his head!!!

DREAMERS
    I completely agree with Scott!
    Working as a full time bouncer and body guard for the last 15 years. I have had and seen my share of street fights. I even had a good friend of mine, whom was the UFC welterweight champion at the time that got stabbed in a parking lot when he was confronted by 4 guys. He doubled legged one guy and probably half killed him, but unfortuantely got stabbed 4 times by one of the other four. At the same time I had a wing chun student (who would probably have gotten distroyed in an MMA match), who also worked as a bouncer and routinely knocked out more than 5 guys at a time in street fights and even got shot at, at times. Luckily the bullets never hit him!
    Last edited by kung fu fighter; 04-27-2010 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Karl is a good guy.
    If one is so inclined, one can take a look over the internet and find many videos of knife attacks and the results there of.
    I got the DBMA video, "Die Less Often 3" ( I highly recommend the whole series for ANYONE that ants to see the reality of knife fighting) and in the video are clips of actual footages of people getting attacked by other(S) with knives.
    Very graphic and shocking, yes, but very crucial to see.
    There was one that was very disturbing ( well they all were) in which a group attacked one guy and beat and cut him good but the shocking and disturbing part was that, even after he was lying there, bleeding on the floor, with his girlfriend/female other crying at his side, one of them CAME BACK and stabbed him a few times, for no reason other than to stab him !

That is the mentality that one needs to understand.
    I am not underestimating the dangers of knifes...my original point was saying there is no need to learn grappling all you have to do is knife the guy as he shoots is stupid on a number of levels, both practically and legally, and that its hard to knife someone as they shoot unless you first learn to stop the takedown and then produce the knife and this means learning to grapple...just as its hard to produce one on the ground without having some grappling expereince...saying otherwise indicates to me both a lack of understanding about grappling both with and without knifes.

As i mentioned legally good luck not ending up in jail for knifing someone who is only grabbing you. you might as well ust carry a gun and shoot someone you feel might be about to harm you

nothing stated so far by the person who brought this up changes my opinion on the above or the people who think this way

One most be familiar and as proficient as possible in fighting and that inclueds ALL aspects of fighting.
    I am not a grappler, it is NOT my forte, even though I have a shodan in Judo and competed at the national level and had 2 years of BJJ and MMA and also did greco-roman and freestyel olympic wrestling.
    I did those things to understand HOW to use what I do best when faced with a grappling situation.
    Same goes for weapons.
    You must learn how to deal with them under ALL circumstances so that you have a better CHANCE to survive.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    nice me 2 lollol
    rofl!!!! i love your edit reason bawang. i hate white people too.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    I am not underestimating the dangers of knifes...my original point was saying there is no need to learn grappling all you have to do is knife the guy as he shoots is stupid on a number of levels, both practically and legally, and that its hard to knife someone as they shoot unless you first learn to stop the takedown and then produce the knife and this means learning to grapple...just as its hard to produce one on the ground without having some grappling expereince...saying otherwise indicates to me both a lack of understanding about grappling both with and without knifes.

As i mentioned legally good luck not ending up in jail for knifing someone who is only grabbing you. you might as well ust carry a gun and shoot someone you feel might be about to harm you

nothing stated so far by the person who brought this up changes my opinion on the above or the people who think this way
    Frost, As I recall I didn't say one should NOT learn to grapple. I said, "That is what I would practice IF you don't want to learn to grapple!

Having as many skills as possible and as much experience as possible is always a benefit. However, not all people want to grapple and even some are not able to grapple for whatever reason. There are things to learn that can give those people an advantage over grappling.

Grappling is a valuable skill to have in your arsenal, but if you think it is the be all that means you are invincible, as your posts imply you do, you are living in fantasyland and I hope you don't screw yourself or hurt someone whether intentionally or unintentionally in a fight. Because you will learn a more valuable lesson than grappling! You will learn how the legal system works and doesn't care that you know grappling! They will expect that you had a greater responsibility NOT to hurt your assailant.

People HAVE knifed others just from grabbing them. I refer you to that guy I knew who sliced the other guy's throat just for posturing in his face. When you touch anyone that does not want to be touched that is called assault and they may defend themselves. They may not legally stab or slice you, however we were not talking about someone "grabbing" another person! We were talking about someone trying to takedown another person. That is a prelude to great bodily injury due to the prevalence of armbars and choke outs used today. One can make a very good argument in court that they feared for their life or great bodily injury. At any rate, if you don't want to be stabbed I would stay out of fights. THAT is the lesson here!

People like you are more interested in thinking they are tough than seeing reality. REAL BAD guys don't pretend to be tough. They will just kill you and you won't see it coming. As with "kung fu fighter's" friend, when you are down grappling someone with your superman complex, his friends will be happy to kick you in the head and stab you in the back! Good luck if you survive and/or if you do not become permanently incapacitated for all your bravado!

If you think one cannot go to jail for choking someone out or breaking their arm or leg then what world are you living in? If you are attacked and you control the guy and then hurt him while he is in your control, you ARE going to jail and you WILL be sued by most people. ESPECIALLY the bad guys because they are the ones that whine and cry the most when they get hurt! They will try to kill or hurt you but you better not do anything to them!

If someone tries to grapple me I consider that a danger of great bodily injury. That justifies great bodily injury in return. Look at "kung fu fighter's" friend who did a double leg takedown and nearly killed the guy. Unless the guy threatened great bodily injury first, like with a gun or a knife, he is now responsible for damages civilly and criminally. If the guy hit his head on the ground during the takedown and gets knocked silly for life, as happened to my friend's brother, he will be sued for everything he has now and has in the future, just as my friend's brother did to his assailant!

You are very unrealistic. I hope you grow up before you really get screwed by a REAL bad guy or the legal system!

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post
    Right up until she chokes you unconscious.
    It's actually more intense that way...er...uh...so I've heard. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    Racist?? Who is an idiot? Jap is just a shorter version of Japanese. I got called down for using the term, Chinc once. Racist I was called. But it only meant short for Chinese Communist. And being a Chinaman I don't see anything wrong or racist about it. So kiss my A$$.
    WTF?
    what is it with all this Ass kicking, ass kissing, ass licking, going on these days??

FLAMING !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by omarthefish View Post
    It's actually more intense that way...er...uh...so I've heard. . . .
    Caradine would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    WTF?
    what is it with all this Ass kicking, ass kissing, ass licking, going on these days??
    I am unclear what you mean here.......I am sure most of us would agree an illustration would be helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    I am unclear what you mean here.......I am sure most of us would agree an illustration would be helpful!

is that ice t behind that booty?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    is that ice t behind that booty?
    yep, that's his woman !

Baby got back!

Here you go:

baby got front too!