Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: WCK is attached fighting

Which is exactly why I put him on the IGNORE list. And if it weren't for other people quoting his posts and responding to them on threads that interest me - I'd have nothing to do with Terence or his arguments whatsoever at this point.

It's just not worth it.

And btw, I for one know you're not kidding. You're right on target.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    People think that I am kidding about Terrence suffering from a personality disorder but I am dead f-ing serious. There are a lot of people in martial arts who exaggerate their accomplishments and act as if they have a sense of entitlement. I believe that people with Narcissitic personality disorder are attracted to martial arts for some reason. I believe Dale is a sufferer as well.
    http://allpsych.com/disorders/person...arcissism.html
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nar...CTION=symptoms

Besides commitment and consistency, Terrence is also searching for social proof. If he can convince others that his wing chun is good it must be. Only one problem, he is utterly clueless about Wing Chun fighting. Now if you want to spend time dissecting terminology and debating the finer points of the principles T. can provide you with some amusement in his cluelessness, but it really just isn't worth trying to discuss any particulars of fighting with him.

http://www.rickross.com/reference/br...washing20.html

were right there with you.... does WCK work in a straight jacket ? bet he has a 'faat' for that too. rubber room would be a great place to spar all those " fighters who can really fight "...ok maybe just the nurs...er guards

Chief inspector Dreyfus in the pink panther comes to mind , twitch twitch, hehheh twitch ...
    Last edited by k gledhill; 04-26-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    were right there with you.... does WCK work in a straight jacket ? bet he has a 'faat' for that too. rubber room would be a great place to spar all those " fighters who can really fight "...ok maybe just the nurs...er guards

Chief inspector Dreyfus in the pink panther comes to mind , twitch twitch, hehheh twitch ...
    The men in the white coats will cut him off and arrest him (jeet), "attach" the special jacket, and "join" the laces in the back so as to limit his ability to fight--all in one smooth motion... If he continues to resist they may then employ the "choking hand", (jut) to further subdue him, until they can lock him up (trap him) in his cell.. Should he try to escape and they see his form, they will of course hit form.. LOL
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

lmao...heheh twitch twitch "the faat" hehe twitch, you must fight ,twitch, fighters, twitch twitch ,who can really fight hehhee twitch
    Last edited by k gledhill; 04-26-2010 at 09:02 PM.

People think that I am kidding about Terrence suffering from a personality disorder but I am dead f-ing serious. There are a lot of people in martial arts who exaggerate their accomplishments and act as if they have a sense of entitlement. I believe that people with Narcissitic personality disorder are attracted to martial arts for some reason.
    I don't know.

A lot of kids are diagnosed with ADHD, where in a different time they would have been called "badly behaved little brats".

A lot of adults might be accused of having Narcissistic Personality Disorder, when in a different time they would have been called "obnoxious loudmouthed a$$holes".

To portray some people of victims of a disease is to provide their poor behaviour with undeserved legitimacy.

I don't regard Dale as deserving of such criticism. Your other target, well ...
    Last edited by anerlich; 04-26-2010 at 09:53 PM.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    To portray some people of victims of a disease is to provide their poor behaviour with undeserved legitimacy.
    I only sought to provide explaination. There is no excuse for such behavior. For example, alcoholism might be a disease, but it is no excuse for getting drunk and running over a child. Low self-esteem (related to some biological disorder) might be the root of narcissism but it is no excuse for torturing others with delusions of grandeur.

If he's a "victim of disease"....it's because that's exactly how he wants it to be.

Andrew is quite right. Modern society is all too quick to try and rationalize 5hit behavior under the guise of "illness"...when in fact FREE WILL is in play.

Once your "problems" have been pointed out to you in unequivocal terms - and you refuse to do anything about effecting change in your behavior...

the onus is now on you.

It's called the selfishness of ignorance. Except once you've been made aware - you're no longer ignorant of your selfish behavior.

So there are no more excuses.

Doubly so when you've been made aware dozens of times, and by numerous sources.

So in other words, narcisisstic behavior disorder simply means you're a selfish, egotistical p r i c k.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post

So in other words, narcisisstic behavior disorder simply means you're a selfish, egotistical p r i c k.
    The root of it is low self-esteem. The grandiose behavior, exagerations and so on are the defense mechanism to cope with it.

Dale isn't as bad as Terrence but he certainly exhibits a lot of the symptoms to a lesser severity.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I don't know.

A lot of kids are diagnosed with ADHD, where in a different time they would have been called "badly behaved little brats".

A lot of adults might be accused of having Narcissistic Personality Disorder, when in a different time they would have been called "obnoxious loudmouthed a$$holes".

I don't regard Dale as deserving of such criticism. Your other target, well ...
    Louis Theroux has just released an excellent tv docu-show abou this and the children in America...

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    lmao...heheh twitch twitch "the faat" hehe twitch, you must fight ,twitch, fighters, twitch twitch ,who can really fight hehhee twitch
    But, but you don't understand... (twitch) I'm fully functional...(twitch) Test me, go ahead (twitch) test my, structure...you'll see..(twitch)!

LMAO
    Last edited by YungChun; 04-27-2010 at 01:09 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

People think that I am kidding about Terrence suffering from a personality disorder but I am dead f-ing serious. There are a lot of people in martial arts who exaggerate their accomplishments and act as if they have a sense of entitlement.
    Let's examine this.

I'm the ONLY one here on this forum who says I'm not that good. You don't say it. Victor doesn't say it. No one else has said that but me. Yet, I exaggerate my accomplishments! I admit that I train at good gyms and get beaten regularly. Do you do that? Does Victor? Hmmm. But I'm the one with an exaggerated sense of self. I see.

And I'm the one with a sense of entitlement? Yet, all you guys expect me to show you by posting videos how I make my WCK work. Hmmm. What precisely do I think that I'm "entitled" to?

I believe that people with Narcissitic personality disorder are attracted to martial arts for some reason. I believe Dale is a sufferer as well.
    http://allpsych.com/disorders/person...arcissism.html
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nar...CTION=symptoms
    Perhaps you should look in a mirror. And to the people who train in their little bubbles, who only spar with their students, etc. Persons with narcisstic personality disorders continually look for validation, want others to admire them, always want to look good, etc. Since I post here where I KNOW that I'm not going to get any of that since what I am saying is contrary to most here believe, since I train with good people who regularly beat me (and I admit it), etc. I hardly fit your diagnosis.

But it is interesting that your response to the people who disagree with you is to say that they are mentally ill.

Besides commitment and consistency, Terrence is also searching for social proof. If he can convince others that his wing chun is good it must be. Only one problem, he is utterly clueless about Wing Chun fighting. Now if you want to spend time dissecting terminology and debating the finer points of the principles T. can provide you with some amusement in his cluelessness, but it really just isn't worth trying to discuss any particulars of fighting with him.
    All I offer is a different perspective than the "typical" one. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything -- as I have said before (it would help you to actually read my posts), I don't think anything can convince anyone EXCEPT by direct, personal experience. That's why I keep telling people to go see for themselves,and to not accept what they are told, to look for good evidence and use critical thinking. Yes, I know that is crazy talk to you.

I provide my perspective here since I wish that someone had told me these things 20 years ago and saved me lots of wasted time and effort. Not that it would have convinced me either, but it may have gotten me thinking, of examining things, etc. That is IMO a good start. And maybe, just maybe, some people, the serious ones, will actually seek out the direct, personal experience I'm talking about.

Yes, I know -- that's crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Let's examine this.

I'm the ONLY one here on this forum who says I'm not that good. You don't say it. Victor doesn't say it. No one else has said that but me. Yet, I exaggerate my accomplishments! I admit that I train at good gyms and get beaten regularly. Do you do that? Does Victor? Hmmm. But I'm the one with an exaggerated sense of self. I see.
    NOT TRUE!

I have never claimed to be anything more than a hobbyist, a mediocre submission grappler, a bjj white belt, with WC skills only at the SLT level and old.

I do admit that I train at a very good gym and yes I get beat on a regular basis also.

So T., you are not alone in your beliefs and your training methodology on this forum.

So post on brother, lead these people to light of hard sparring, cross training and a dose of reality! Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    NOT TRUE!

I have never claimed to be anything more than a hobbyist, a mediocre submission grappler, a bjj white belt, with WC skills only at the SLT level and old.

I do admit that I train at a very good gym and yes I get beat on a regular basis also.

So T., you are not alone in your beliefs and your training methodology on this forum.

So post on brother, lead these people to light of hard sparring, cross training and a dose of reality! Amen!
    Do you use gasoline to put out fires?

Do you use gasoline to put out fires?
    Yeah, I LIKE fires.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    Let's examine this.

And I'm the one with a sense of entitlement? Yet, all you guys expect me to show you by posting videos how I make my WCK work. Hmmm. What precisely do I think that I'm "entitled" to?

Perhaps you should look in a mirror. And to the people who train in their little bubbles, who only spar with their students, etc. Persons with narcisstic personality disorders continually look for validation, want others to admire them, always want to look good, etc. Since I post here where I KNOW that I'm not going to get any of that since what I am saying is contrary to most here believe, since I train with good people who regularly beat me (and I admit it), etc. I hardly fit your diagnosis.

But it is interesting that your response to the people who disagree with you is to say that they are mentally ill.

All I offer is a different perspective than the "typical" one. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything -- as I have said before (it would help you to actually read my posts), I don't think anything can convince anyone EXCEPT by direct, personal experience. That's why I keep telling people to go see for themselves,and to not accept what they are told, to look for good evidence and use critical thinking. Yes, I know that is crazy talk to you.

I provide my perspective here since I wish that someone had told me these things 20 years ago and saved me lots of wasted time and effort. Not that it would have convinced me either, but it may have gotten me thinking, of examining things, etc. That is IMO a good start. And maybe, just maybe, some people, the serious ones, will actually seek out the direct, personal experience I'm talking about.

Yes, I know -- that's crazy talk.
    Your persistent fantasy that you possess special knowledge that we WCers can't get is proof positive of your mental illness.