Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Arizona!

Arizona has taken up where the feds have failed. On a comment above in the US if you are NOT a citizen you are required by law to carry your papers with you everywhere. touritst, traveling in the US? have your passport with you at all times, resident alien, green card at all times. So the police asking you for your papers is not racial profiling its the law. Mentioned it before, I have a Canadian wife and we were informed by both our immigration lawyers and homeland security "you are required to carry your documents with you at alll times , dont leave the house without your green card". The back of the green card has the same statment. You can be asked at any time to produce it. This was not a case of being pulled over randomly but if she needed to produce ID for a bank account, drivers license, health care she had to have the green card with to prove she was here legally or face deportation.
    Next why is the US allowing anything with a pulse over the border? all we are taking at the southern border is the refuse of these third world countries, they are not sending us the best educated, brightest achievers they are sending us the illiterate, uneducated, unhealthy, and unemployable. Hate saying it but in this instance we could learn something from Mexico and Canadas immigration laws.

On a comment above in the US if you are NOT a citizen you are required by law to carry your papers with you everywhere.
    If you are a citizen you are not required to carry anything. So how do they tell a citizen from someone who doesn't have legal documentation? Illegal’s can have residences, bank accounts, and even drivers license from some states. Will they hold a citizen until they can prove their citizenship? How long will they hold you for, until the government can send a new birth certificate or Social security card to your family? There are near 2 million legal hispanics in Arizona who would have reasonable concern over the answers to these questions.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Well first off, employers are bound by law to have on file documentation that shows every single worker is legally allowed to be employed in the US.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

So the solution is to pull over and stop every hispanic they see and demand a birth certificate? Yeah, that's racial profiling, especially in a state that has a LOT of hispanics. I bet they'll demand Peggy Smith show her green card as well if she has an Irish accent? Seriously?

It's a knee jerk reaction to a growing problem. Secure the borders. Don't start pulling over every dark skinned guy and demanding to see their green card. That is wrong and reeks of a police state.

You all like quoting our forefathers when it suits you, then how about telling me who said this?

"Those who are willing to sacrifice liberty in order to gain a security deserve neither and will lose both."

Again...the plan is poorly conceived, racist, and the product of white people who fail to grasp the nature of their own country. The borders need to be secured, and people continue to ignore that elephant in the room.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

I think the whole thing about throwing reasonable cause out the window isn't being addressed.

The cops Know they can't do a search and seizure without reasonable cause.

I think people are assuming they will.
    The law that was passed basically firms up the enforcement of laws that pre-existed.

What it is serving as is a deterrent apparently. the illegal day labourers are shuffling underground and it's only a matter of time before the police start looking at who is hiring the people. Who is giving the incentives to come?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    So the solution is to pull over and stop every hispanic they see and demand a birth certificate? Yeah, that's racial profiling, especially in a state that has a LOT of hispanics. I bet they'll demand Peggy Smith show her green card as well if she has an Irish accent? Seriously?
    When you get stopped, by law you have to identify yourself. This includes having something like a driver license, State issued ID, Social Security card, etc. If you fail to provide adequate ID, the police are allowed to take you into custody until they confirm your identity. This applies to all people stopped by the police, citizen or not.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I think people are assuming they will.
    The law that was passed basically firms up the enforcement of laws that pre-existed.
    Exactly. Had the Obama regime simply enforced the Federal laws currently on the books, it's very likely Arizona would not have passed this law.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    What it is serving as is a deterrent apparently. the illegal day labourers are shuffling underground and it's only a matter of time before the police start looking at who is hiring the people. Who is giving the incentives to come?
    Actually so far, they are leaving Arizona, which is what the law intended to happen. So, either other states will have to do the same, or they will inherit Arizona's problem. I saw a story yesterday on Yahoo confirming this. I can't find it now, but it's bookmarked on my home computer. I'll post it up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    When you get stopped, by law you have to identify yourself. This includes having something like a driver license, State issued ID, Social Security card, etc. If you fail to provide adequate ID, the police are allowed to take you into custody until they confirm your identity. This applies to all people stopped by the police, citizen or not.
    yep

i havent really looked into all this. its weird because i have several mexican friends, that are kind of offended.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Exactly. Had the Obama regime simply enforced the Federal laws currently on the books, it's very likely Arizona would not have passed this law.
    Yes all the illegal immigrants came here during Obama's presidency, and we never had an immigration problem when republicans were in office.
    - 三和拳

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Here is that article I mentioned earlier, the one about how the illegals are indeed leaving Arizona as the law was designed to do.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100429/D9FCDCN00.html

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    Yes all the illegal immigrants came here during Obama's presidency, and we never had an immigration problem when republicans were in office.
    STFU. I never said that.

I said the Federal Gov't was not enforcing the Federal laws already on the books, and that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post

It's a knee jerk reaction to a growing problem. Secure the borders. Don't start pulling over every dark skinned guy and demanding to see their green card. That is wrong and reeks of a police state.

You all like quoting our forefathers when it suits you, then how about telling me who said this?

"Those who are willing to sacrifice liberty in order to gain a security deserve neither and will lose both."

Again...the plan is poorly conceived, racist, and the product of white people who fail to grasp the nature of their own country. The borders need to be secured, and people continue to ignore that elephant in the room.

Did you see on the news last night Scott McInnis who is running for Colo's new Gov, stated that if he won that he would want to mirror AZ's new immigration law for Colo.

STFU. I never said that.

I said the Federal Gov't was not enforcing the Federal laws already on the books, and that is true.
    You singled out Obama, you didn't just say the federal government, which is to imply that it is a problem he created. Obama did pass the Immigration Detention Reforms in 2009 to give ICE more room to Hold illegal’s for deportation. Before, and till they get built, ICE had to let illegal’s go for want of a place to put them.

And conservatives are responsible for the defeat of the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007 under Bush.
    - 三和拳

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog View Post
    Did you see on the news last night Scott McInnis who is running for Colo's new Gov, stated that if he won that he would want to mirror AZ's new immigration law for Colo.
    I'm not a CO resident. I'm just stationed here.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

The only time I've ever had to identify myself was when I was pulled over for speeding. Otherwise, I tend to end up having a conversation with them, and we both go on our way. Should that change if I have an accent and darker skin?
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown