Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Arizona!

im obviously white. growing up i was stopped by cops many times and asked for ID. it of course was not racial profiling, it was a different type of profiling. it was due to the way that i dressed. most of those times however i did not have ID and was then asked my social, DOB, etc... then checked through the system for warrents and then let on my way. i was even told more than once that im required to carry some form of identification.

i believe it depends on what your particular state law is though.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    The only time I've ever had to identify myself was when I was pulled over for speeding. Otherwise, I tend to end up having a conversation with them, and we both go on our way. Should that change if I have an accent and darker skin?
    You've never had to show ID at an airport? When using a credit card? Have you ever had to produce ID to rent a U-Haul? Or a hotel room? What about when picking up prescriptions at a pharmacy? Ever get carded going to club?

Let's be honest, it happens to everyone all the time.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    You singled out Obama, you didn't just say the federal government, which is to imply that it is a problem he created.
    It isn't implying ****. Stop putting words in my mouth. You do this constantly. Either you are too stupid to comprehend what I'm typing, or my arguments are so strong you have to make up things I didn't say in order to debate me. Which is it?

I simply said the Federal gov't is not enforcing the laws. Yes, Obama is the President. But I never even hinted he is to blame for the problem. So knock this crap off.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I simply said the Federal gov't is not enforcing the laws. Yes, Obama is the President. But I never even hinted he is to blame for the problem. So knock this crap off.
    No, you said:

Exactly. Had the Obama regime simply enforced the Federal laws currently on the books, it's very likely Arizona would not have passed this law.
    You didn't say "if Immigration simply enforced the Federal laws..." or "if the FBI simply enforced the laws...". You specifically mentioned President Obama. The Obama Administration is not the entirety of the Federal Government. If you meant Federal Government, you should have said Federal Government. By saying "Obama regime" you placed the blame squarely on his Administration.

Yup, I said that. Where did I say he was the cause of the illegals coming here? Where did I say we didn't have an illegal immigrant problem before Obama?

Before you blame the GOP for invading people's privacy, take a look at the Democrats proposal:

"A plan by Senate Democratic leaders to reform the nation’s immigration laws ran into strong opposition from civil liberties defenders before lawmakers even unveiled it Thursday.

Democratic leaders have proposed requiring every worker in the nation to carry a national identification card with biometric information, such as a fingerprint, within the next six years, according to a draft of the measure.
    The national ID program would be titled the Believe System, an acronym for Biometric Enrollment, Locally stored Information and Electronic Verification of Employment.

The proposal is one of the biggest differences between the newest immigration reform proposal and legislation crafted by late Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.).

The national ID program would be titled the Believe System, an acronym for Biometric Enrollment, Locally stored Information and Electronic Verification of Employment.

It would require all workers across the nation to carry a card with a digital encryption key that would have to match work authorization databases.

“The cardholder’s identity will be verified by matching the biometric identifier stored within the microprocessing chip on the card to the identifier provided by the cardholder that shall be read by the scanner used by the employer,” states the Democratic legislative proposal.

The American Civil Liberties Union, a civil liberties defender often aligned with the Democratic Party, wasted no time in blasting the plan.

“Creating a biometric national ID will not only be astronomically expensive, it will usher government into the very center of our lives. Every worker in America will need a government permission slip in order to work. And all of this will come with a new federal bureaucracy — one that combines the worst elements of the DMV and the TSA,” said Christopher Calabrese, ACLU legislative counsel.

“America’s broken immigration system needs real, workable reform, but it cannot come at the expense of privacy and individual freedoms,” Calabrese added.

The ACLU said “if the biometric national ID card provision of the draft bill becomes law, every worker in America would have to be fingerprinted.”

A source at one pro-immigration reform group described the proposal as “Orwellian.”

But Senate Democratic Whip **** Durbin (Ill.), who has worked on the proposal and helped unveil it at a press conference Thursday, predicted the public has become more comfortable with the idea of a national identification card.

“The biometric identification card is a critical element here,” Durbin said. “For a long time it was resisted by many groups, but now we live in a world where we take off our shoes at the airport and pull out our identification.

“People understand that in this vulnerable world, we have to be able to present identification,” Durbin added. “We want it to be reliable, and I think that’s going to help us in this debate on immigration.”

Implementing a nationwide identification program for every worker will be a difficult task.

The Social Security Administration has estimated that 3.6 million Americans would have to visit SSA field offices to correct mistakes in records or else risk losing their jobs.

Angela Kelley, vice president of immigration policy at the Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank, said the biometric identification provision “will give some people pause.”

But she applauded Democrats for not shying away from the toughest issues in the immigration reform debate.

“What I like about the outline is that Democrats are not trying to hide the ball or soft-pedal the tough decisions,” Kelley said. “It seems a very sincere effort to get the conversation started. This is a serious effort to get Republicans to the table.”

Reform Immigration for America, a pro-immigrant group, praised Democrats for getting the discussion started but said the framework fell short.

“The proposal revealed today [Thursday] is in part the result of more than a year of bipartisan negotiations and represents a possible path forward on immigration reform,” the group said in a statement. “This framework is not there yet.”

Democrats and pro-immigration groups will now begin to put pressure on Republicans to participate in serious talks to address the issue. The bipartisan effort in the Senate suffered a serious setback when Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) pulled back from talks with Sen. Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.).

“We call on Republican Senators to review this framework and sit down at the negotiating table in good faith,” Reform Immigration for America said in a statement. “This is a national problem that requires a federal solution and the input of leaders in both parties.”

Durbin said Democratic leaders are trying to recruit other Republican partners.

“We’re making a commitment to establishing a framework to work toward comprehensive immigration reform, and I think it’s a good framework and now we’re engaging our friends on the other side of the aisle to join us in this conversation,” Durbin said."

Source:
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/9...tional-id-card

They just changed the law so that someone has to actually be suspected of breaking the law before they could ask about citizenship. That's much better. I'm cool with it now.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    They just changed the law so that someone has to actually be suspected of breaking the law before they could ask about citizenship. That's much better. I'm cool with it now.
    Verified

Arizona lawmakers modify immigration law

Legislators ban race from being used by police as a factor to identify illegal immigrants and require scrutiny only of people who police stop, detain or arrest.
    Wouldn't they have done that to begin with?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

STFU. I never said that.

I said the Federal Gov't was not enforcing the Federal laws already on the books, and that is true.
    the federal government has failed to do so under not jusy Obamas 1 +years but also under Bushes 8 years there was a failure in immigration enforcement.

prior to that Clinton failed.

prior to that Bush S failed

prior to that Reagan failed

and so on.

fwiw, you did blame Obama directly and no the feds in particular. You did single him out and shc calle dyou on it. Now man up. admit it and lets move on.

1bad65 said:Exactly. Had the Obama regime simply enforced the Federal laws currently on the books, it's very likely Arizona would not have passed this law.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    fwiw, you did blame Obama directly and no the feds in particular. You did single him out and shc calle dyou on it. Now man up. admit it and lets move on.
    Are you this dense too? I never blamed the guy for the illegal immigration problem in any way whatsoever. I simply said his regime was not enforcing the Federal laws on the books. If Todd Smith had been the President, and his Administration approached immigration as Obama has, I would have said his Administration was not enforcing the Federal laws.

Thank God someone finally took the lead in enforcing our immigration laws. Because of this law, Arizona residents will soon be much safer than they are now.

Source:
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=146341
    Both sides in Arizona's immigration debate use crime argument
    That's no surprise to those who study immigration — both sides, whether for or against increased immigration, agree that immigrants tend to commit fewer crimes than native-born Americans.
    - 三和拳

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

It's funny when I read this I started thinking, living in Colo and even the year or so I lived in New Mexico. Most of the Illegals I met (and worked with) were actually really nice hard working people, and all of the stupid gangbanger punks (or wantabees) who were constantly destroying property, stealing, mugging, etc... that I ran accross were all US born. Go Figure.

But if we got them out of our country, EVERY crime they commit wouldn't happen. One crime is too many.

Look, I'm not anti-immigration. Plenty of immigrants have came to this country, paid their taxes, and become productive citizens. I'm anti illegal immigration.

- 三和拳

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Actually... the phrase is ungrammatical, and the accents must be heavy. I don't like the room given for interpretation, but it makes sense at the core.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"