Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't mess with Texas

Hilarious vid

Here is a hilarious video of a coyote being shot. It's not the shooting that's funny, it's what the redneck guy says after shooting it that is absolutely hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa3V5tZXT7U
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Like the present gun laws, the present immigration laws should be enforced.
    Why waste taxpayers money to fix something that doesn't need fixing. ENFORCEMENT!

My problem is with 2 faced elected oficials of both parties, who have made their positions career availabe to rob the people, smile in their face just to rip them off!
    They want to keep thier great health care benefits WHILE denying the same to their respective districts. Kick them out, please!

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Good news for the law abiding, bad news for the Democrats.

Notice the hypocracy from the Obama regime. When the State of California chose to decriminalize and tax marijuana, which is against Federal law, the regime said they would not have a problem with that. But when Arizona chose to enact a law the regime does not like, they are threatening to try and stop Arizona from enforcing the law they chose to pass.
    Its even uglier for democrats as these type of laws pass across the country. you have to produce documentation for everything, drivers license, proof of age, SSN, or a green card, but you have to produce nothing to vote, thats about to change, big time under these types of laws. Look for early voting to disappear, a huge benefit to democrats and easily rigged. Look no further then Jennifer Brunner in Ohio, shes a sniveling democrat shill and probably guilty of massive vote rigging and fraud. Shes running for a higher seat but couldnt raise 50 bucks if her life depended on it. If you are asked to produce valid ID, proving your a citizen or legally in the country democrats will be destroyed. Next up no representation without taxation, you are one of the 47% paying no taxes you should not be allowed to determine how money is spent by elected officials on behalf of those who pay. Bet on it. November cant get here fast enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    Like the present gun laws, the present immigration laws should be enforced.
    Why waste taxpayers money to fix something that doesn't need fixing. ENFORCEMENT!

My problem is with 2 faced elected oficials of both parties, who have made their positions career availabe to rob the people, smile in their face just to rip them off!
    They want to keep thier great health care benefits WHILE denying the same to their respective districts. Kick them out, please!
    you can't "kick" anyone out. You have to vote them out.
    Voting is t he mechanism of change in politics at the lowest form of actionable items.

Another way is to campaign yourself and present your own ideas to the people, attempt to get elected and then attempt to get bills and legislation written into law that you believe are right and that your constituents will support you for.

That's how democracy works.

Now I can appreciate someone not being pleased with the policies being enacted by a politician they didn't vote for and there is certainly an option to write to someone and to express your dissatisfaction. next time round, vote for the person who you do agree with and encourage everyone else to do so as well.

perhaps you can even get laws reversed in this way.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    Its even uglier for democrats as these type of laws pass across the country. you have to produce documentation for everything, drivers license, proof of age, SSN, or a green card, but you have to produce nothing to vote, thats about to change, big time under these types of laws. Look for early voting to disappear, a huge benefit to democrats and easily rigged. Look no further then Jennifer Brunner in Ohio, shes a sniveling democrat shill and probably guilty of massive vote rigging and fraud. Shes running for a higher seat but couldnt raise 50 bucks if her life depended on it. If you are asked to produce valid ID, proving your a citizen or legally in the country democrats will be destroyed. Next up no representation without taxation, you are one of the 47% paying no taxes you should not be allowed to determine how money is spent by elected officials on behalf of those who pay. Bet on it. November cant get here fast enough.
    The serfs have had enough. We are sick of working our asses off so liberals can give away OUR money to keep themselves in office. People have finally figured this out. November is gonna be a disaster for them.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Why would we want to follow California, New York, or Michigan into bankruptcy?
    Yes god forbid we get another Ann Richards on the edge of bankruptcy with a record surplus.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    Yes god forbid we get another Ann Richards on the edge of bankruptcy with a record surplus.
    So then explain why the three States (NY, Cal, Mich) with the biggest financial problems have had decades upon decades of Democrat governors.

Ummmmm, Doesn't CA have a Republican Gov, and wasn't Regan Gov of CA for a while too.

List of GOVs for last 40yrs

MI -
    42 John Swainson January 1, 1961 January 1, 1963 Democratic
    43 George W. Romney January 1, 1963 January 22, 1969 Republican
    44 William Milliken January 22, 1969 January 1, 1983 Republican
    45 James Blanchard January 1, 1983 January 1, 1991 Democratic
    46 John Engler January 1, 1991 January 1, 2003 Republican
    47 Jennifer Granholm January 1, 2003 Incumbent Democratic

CA -
    31 Goodwin Jess Knight October 5, 1953 January 5, 1959 Republican
    32 Edmund Gerald "Pat" Brown, Sr. January 5, 1959 January 3, 1967 Democratic
    33 Ronald Reagan January 3, 1967 January 6, 1975 Republican
    34 Edmund Gerald "Jerry" Brown, Jr. January 6, 1975 January 3, 1983 Democratic
    35 George Deukmejian January 3, 1983 January 7, 1991 Republican
    36 Pete Wilson January 7, 1991 January 4, 1999 Republican
    37 Joseph Graham "Gray" Davis January 4, 1999 November 17, 2003 Democratic
    38 Arnold Schwarzenegger November 17, 2003 incumbent Republican

NY -
    49 Nelson Rockefeller January 1, 1959 December 18, 1973 Republican
    50 Malcolm Wilson December 18, 1973 December 31, 1974 Republican
    51 Hugh Carey January 1, 1975 December 31, 1982 Democratic Mario Cuomo
    52 Mario Cuomo January 1, 1983 December 31, 1994 Democratic
    53 George Pataki January 1, 1995 December 31, 2006 Republican
    54 Eliot Spitzer January 1, 2007 March 17, 2008 Democratic
    55 David Paterson March 17, 2008 Incumbent Democratic

---- Since '61 MI is dead even w/ 3 and 3 , CA has had more Reps since '53 5 to 3, And since '59 NY is dead even at 3 and 3.

So the 3 economic holes in this country that you pointed out - combined actually had more Reps than Dems running them in the last 40yrs, so how is this only the fault of liberal Dems?????

So then explain why the three States (NY, Cal, Mich) with the biggest financial problems have had decades upon decades of Democrat governors.
    Texas has only had 5 Republican govenors, and 39 democratic ones. Though the parties haven't always been what they are now. If you just look at the last 50 years we have had 5 (D) and 3 (R).

California has a Republican Governor.

Michigan took a hit with the Auto industry.

New york is in trouble because of Wall Street.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

It would have. Then it would have returned. When coyotes find a source of food, they don't leave the area. The article mentioned that area pets had been being killed by coyotes.
    This is what happens when you move out west where there are still predators.

I'm so sick of people moving out to the pretty parts of the west with the pretty mtns and valleys, rivers etc..., putting up their $500k+ homes and paved bike trails, street lights etc, then *****ing when their yappy dog that they left outside gets eaten by predator. That's how it works folks, you leave your kitty or fifi out when your backyard is pressed against a wild area and SUPRISE, something is going to come get a snack.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog View Post
    This is what happens when you move out west where there are still predators.

I'm so sick of people moving out to the pretty parts of the west with the pretty mtns and valleys, rivers etc..., putting up their $500k+ homes and paved bike trails, street lights etc, then *****ing when their yappy dog that they left outside gets eaten by predator. That's how it works folks, you leave your kitty or fifi out when your backyard is pressed against a wild area and SUPRISE, something is going to come get a snack.
    I live in inner suburban Dallas... with a creek a quarter mile away... with seen/known coyotes (they have a kind of lope to their gate). Squirrels, cats, Toy Poodles, opossums, armadillos, raccoons abound and are easy prey.

sadly this is the mentality that put the western gray wolf on the brink...keep your poodles in your hand bags at the mall. leave the outdoors to men who can take it.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Texas should secede and get lost already.

Sick of the macho BS posturing around 10 gallon hats, bar-b-ques and handguns to shoot animals with laser sights.

yee haw!

lol
    not all of us think a gun is an adequate replacement for a noted lack in length or girth of genitalia; just as not all of us think a truck is an adequate replacement for it either... but then some of us don't have a deficiency to make up for.

the 2 guys i (used to) work with that liked to brag about how tough they were with their guns are both under 5'5", a buck 60, and couldn't throw a punch if their life depended on it (tried to train one of them).

that being said, i respect the nra, the right to bear arms, and i love texas.

btw, i don't live in "hippie town", i live in the bigger city an hour south, that most of the "hippies" don't like.

when you press them for a reason why they don't like my city, first, they go with the "well austin is so green and eviro-friendly"; to which i usually respond "yeah? then how come you guys pay to ship your recycling down here to our plant?".

when i *really* push them for a reason, they look around cautiously, lean in, and whisper quietly "too many mexicans".

so much for the "enlightened liberals" of our state capital.

i love my town
    we're military (flyboys more than grunts) and kinda working class.
    we party hard when it's time to party and we fight if you mess with us.
    the women are hot & really down to earth; none of that stuck up, dallas, "do you drive a beamer? if not, then leave me alone" bs.
    lots of hispanic architecture & influence (did I mention hot women?).
    We got: fiesta (a week of parties on par with mardi gras), sea world, the river walk, spurs basketball, fiesta texas theme park, good bbq, the best tex mex, the alamo, a killer zoo, guadalupe river, lots of outdoor activities within striking distance, a reasonable cost of living, and just as much hill country as austin has but without half the traffic.

i take it personally when people bust on texas
    a lot of us do
    oddly enough, it's a bit like the Yankees (baseball): popular culture has deemed it "okay" to bash Texas & Texans, so of course if we're passionate about our home towns, we're not going to take that lightly.

we're not all hicks and we don't all wear 10 gallon hats.
    i wouldn't say we're "macho", because that implies a false sense of bravado.
    i liken it more to a fierce streak of independence and an unwillingness to back down when challenged.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    none of that stuck up, dallas, "do you drive a beamer? if not, then leave me alone" bs.
    Check out Oak Cliff or Fort Worth, although they tend to lean left.

Fly Kelly Field!