Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Liberals ban Happy Meal toys

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Also Drake, you seem to have forgotten adoption. If you get pregnant, and can't afford the child, your choices are not just abortion or poverty. Adoption is an alternative. And the Government even makes sure adoptive parents are suitable to take care of any children they adopt.
    LOL! You are the one who said adoption is too cost-prohibitive for most Americans to help prevent abortions!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Also Drake, you seem to have forgotten adoption. If you get pregnant, and can't afford the child, your choices are not just abortion or poverty. Adoption is an alternative. And the Government even makes sure adoptive parents are suitable to take care of any children they adopt.
    I don't give a crap about your views on abortion. I am in awe that you'd allow kids to die because their parents made poor choices. "Can't feed em don't breed em?"??? And that somehow justifies passive murder? WTF-ever.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Sh1t, I got laid more when I was single....
    As did I, and I'm ugly. You misunderstood my post. Sorry it wasn't more clear, you might have laughed.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    And yet you're against contraception. Which is an example of taking personal responsibility.
    Not at all. Where did I say that?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    LOL! You are the one who said adoption is too cost-prohibitive for most Americans to help prevent abortions!
    I did?

I likely said it costs alot to adopt a child. But I don't think it costs a dime to give a child up for adoption. There are plenty of orgs out there to help women who want to give the child up for adoption. In some cases, the parents getting the child will even pay for the prenatal care, hospital costs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I don't give a crap about your views on abortion. I am in awe that you'd allow kids to die because their parents made poor choices. "Can't feed em don't breed em?"??? And that somehow justifies passive murder? WTF-ever.
    "Passive murder" is something I'd expect Karl Marx to utter, Not you.

There are many things I want but do not have because of money. Why should kids be exempt from this type of responsible thinking?

So "passive murder" is bad, but sucking a child out of a womb is ok? Is that what you are saying?

I'm sure a poor minority living in poverty in the city has people lining up to take her child.

Oh, and fyi... apparently adoption is difficult and expensive. Have a coworker trying to do it. And he has the highest security clearance you can get.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

It's almost unreal how hard it is becoming to eat healthy in today's society.

A few years back when my wife went back to school we did an experiment for her sociology class. We went to the grocery store and got one weeks worth of good healthy food, and then went back and got another week of crap (chips, soda, processed meals) and guess what? It was almost 4x more expensive to eat healthly than eat like crap. We then did it at restaraunts, came up the same 4x more to eat at a nice healthier restaunt than at fast food.

We then went from an upper-middle class neighborhood to see how far it was to drive to a healhty food store, and a healthier restaraunt. And then did the same in a poor area. Once again it was over double the drive time from a poor area to get to a decent place to shop or eat.

So if you're on a budget, and don't have a good income, trying to feed a family you really no longer have a choice, because all you can afford is crappy fattening food.

Not at all. Where did I say that?
    I concluded that based on your stance on sex education.

I'm sure a poor minority living in poverty in the city has people lining up to take her child.

Oh, and fyi... apparently adoption is difficult and expensive. Have a coworker trying to do it. And he has the highest security clearance you can get.
    There are more parents wanting to adopt than there are kids to be adopted. Why do you think some people are going to other countries to adopt kids?

Beaurocracy moves slow. It sucks. And soon we will get to wait for healthcare too!

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    I concluded that based on your stance on sex education.
    You were wrong, but I can see how you drew that conclusion. I'm all for sex ed, I just think it's the parents job, not the Government's job.

You were wrong, but I can see how you drew that conclusion. I'm all for sex ed, I just think it's the parents job, not the Government's job.
    Fair enough.

Maybe if most of us weren't fat and sick from being processed food companies (ie McDonalds) driving out all of the natural food markets, this wouldn't be an issue.

You give a family a choice of a 99 cent cheeseburger that will kill them later, or raw foods they can't afford due to the market being controlled by processed food manufacturers, and the endstate is obvious.
    This is why they need to be taking poor kids on field trips to the farms and orchards, greening the inner city, and showing the parents how to hunt.

Venison and grits is good eatin' !

This is an Obama-type policy... it's something both conservatives and liberals technically agree with, but will hate cause the other side likes the idea too!
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -