Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals ban Happy Meal toys

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    In America, you have the right to kill yourself with a fatty diet. That's a fact.
    100% correct.

Of course liberals in California disagree with us.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Because those affect others. Eating yourself to death only affects you.
    Well, not really. As you have pointed out several times, health care costs in America are drastically affected by the obesity epidemic, which raises insurance premiums for everyone.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Well, not really. As you have pointed out several times, health care costs in America are drastically affected by the obesity epidemic, which raises insurance premiums for everyone.
    So, should healthy people pay for those who became sick because of long term bad health decisions?

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    So, should healthy people pay for those who became sick because of long term bad health decisions?
    Like it or not, private insurance is socialized health care ran for a profit.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Like it or not, private insurance is socialized health care ran for a profit.
    But we used to be able to choose to opt out of private insurance. Now the Party of "pro-choice" has forced us all to participate.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

When 75% of my countrymen are obese, it DOES affect me. How could it NOT? But you can turn a blind eye to the correlating facts about fast food and how it is single-handedly destroying our nation, and by all means, back up the processed food industry. I can't possibly make you any less ignorant to the damage being done around you. So yeah... whine about your freedoms being ripped from your hands as the fast food industry does it for you.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

But we used to be able to choose to opt out of private insurance. Now the Party of "pro-choice" has forced us all to participate.
    Well, I don't like being forced to wear my seat-belt just because it saves insurance companies money, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    When 75% of my countrymen are obese, it DOES affect me. How could it NOT? But you can turn a blind eye to the correlating facts about fast food and how it is single-handedly destroying our nation, and by all means, back up the processed food industry. I can't possibly make you any less ignorant to the damage being done around you. So yeah... whine about your freedoms being ripped from your hands as the fast food industry does it for you.
    The fast food industry can't take my freedoms away. Liberal Democrats are.

Face it Drake, what we eat is a choice.

Well, I don't like being forced to wear my seat-belt just because it saves insurance companies money, either.
    Nor do I. Ann Richards signed our law into effect. I remember how she lied about how officers would not be stopping people strictly for seat belt violations. Yet the moment it passed, she came out and said law enforcement can't turn a blind eye to lawbreaking. I was only a teenager when that happened. I learned at a young age that liberals usually have to lie to get their agenda passed.

The fast food industry can't take my freedoms away. Liberal Democrats are.

Face it Drake, what we eat is a choice.
    Face it. You are seriously confusing the issue. I've stated it. It's up to you to figure it out. McDonald's ISN'T BEING BANNED. They are making POISON less appealing to kids. I can't believe you are supporting McDonalds. It's like you WANT them to continue making our country ill.

The same point you make is the same one letting those people protest at soldiers' funerals. Allowing poison to enter our nation using the false choice fallacy as bait.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

it all starts with the little junk food. bits here and there. first trying your big macs and french fries, then seeing the adds and tempting you for more, then the ease of the drive through the convenience of price and location....its just like your neighborhood crack dealer. and no, im not joking one bit.

gate way junk food. then comes the full bown fast food ADDICTION, thats right addiction. refute that if you want, you would be wrong. so sorry.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    it all starts with the little junk food. bits here and there. first trying your big macs and french fries, then seeing the adds and tempting you for more, then the ease of the drive through the convenience of price and location....its just like your neighborhood crack dealer. and no, im not joking one bit.

gate way junk food. then comes the full bown fast food ADDICTION, thats right addiction. refute that if you want, you would be wrong. so sorry.
    Or... more specifically, it starts with Happy Meals
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

i would say that those who think that freedom is a gateway to irresponsible behaviours need to check themselves and what it is they are advocating.

If a 3 year old is given cocaine and likes it and wants more, how do you feel about that? How about a 6 years old? what about a teen? an adult?

Is it really a choice after they have become addicted?

Do the advocates of freedom understand how conditioning works? Mental conditioning? Perhaps not as you seem to have been subjected to it yourselves! lol

Do you think it's fair to parents to deluge their kids with advertising that is designed to have the kids behave in a desired pattern? Are you ok with that?
    Are you ok with disappointing your child because you make a choice that is counter to the popular culture of the kid?

what do you want to change? the popular culture of the ignorant who all too willingly will make bad choices based upon how they think they are perceived?

or to let the child fall into the behavioural patterns as dictated by popular culture mechanisms such as advertising in an effort to sell the child something by proxy through you?

what is it that you aren't getting here?

Does your constitution really say that it's ok to manipulate the behaviours of children through mass media advertising and totally unhealthy practices in the name of making a corporation more money because they have to recycle a rapidly dying consumer base?

It's ok to use cartoon characters to sell cigarettes because the constitution says so even though it is known that psychologically, this is appealing to children and steers their behaviours into peer culture of smoking?

the constitution doesn't say anything about it and it's not a constitutional issue. It's about regulating what message corporations can or cannot send to the countries children without the parents permission.

still not getting it?

lemme put it simply.

If you think that you are completely and totally in control of all the decisions you make in your life, think again. your core belief system that is what causes you to make virtually all your judgment calls and moral decisions was NOT formed by you at all. It was formed by the major influences on you in your early childhood.

not understanding this aspect of humanity is p[probably why a few of you don't understand the logic of the law that's been put forth and throws you into a political tailspin over it because you cannot comprehend that you are not actually the one who is in control of your own life or mind at the root of it.

Your brainwashing is merely outweighing some other form of it.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Face it. You are seriously confusing the issue. I've stated it. It's up to you to figure it out. McDonald's ISN'T BEING BANNED. They are making POISON less appealing to kids. I can't believe you are supporting McDonalds. It's like you WANT them to continue making our country ill.
    What part of "It's not poison, its a legal, FDA-inspected product suitable for human consumption" are you not getting?

Tanning is unhealthy, do we ban that? Tattoos can get infected, do we ban them? Caffienated drinks and coffee are unhealthy, do we ban them? Alcohol is unhealthy, do we ban that?

If a 3 year old is given cocaine and likes it and wants more, how do you feel about that? How about a 6 years old? what about a teen? an adult?
    Cocaine is an illegal substance. Hamburgers and chicken nuggets are not. Well, not yet....