Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberals ban Happy Meal toys

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Cocaine is an illegal substance. Hamburgers and chicken nuggets are not. Well, not yet....
    I'm not talking about legality, I'm talking about healthy or not.

and fast food is about as healthy as cocaine consumption when it comes right down to it.

have you ever seen supersize me?

you wonder why mcdonalds can't take that out of rotation?
    I'll tell you why, because it's true. Every single word of it.

it forced change in that company when it showed.
    It also forced change in other companies because it exposed them for the death merchants they are.

these are not normal burgers man. the processing includes ammonia bleaching for cripes sake. You do that with a steak at your house? me neither.

there's plenty of things that are legal that are downright bad for you.

while rule of law is necessary, it is not a measure by which we can determine morality. morality is the first thing to get bypassed when it comes to law and how it relates to fast food companies, or other unethical companies such as oil companies that are too cheap to do their exploration properly, or gun companies that sell small arms to warlords, legally, or ...well, I could go on, but I think the point is made.

if people are too thick to understand, then i don't see how they are bright enough to make good choices.

do i think the average citizen is ignorant? You betcha. I myself, though quite educated don't know a warehouse full of stuff about a great deal of topics.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

What part of "It's not poison, its a legal, FDA-inspected product suitable for human consumption" are you not getting?

Tanning is unhealthy, do we ban that? Tattoos can get infected, do we ban them? Caffienated drinks and coffee are unhealthy, do we ban them? Alcohol is unhealthy, do we ban that?
    Is 75% of the population giving themselves skin cancer from tanning booths? 75% of us alcoholics?

What part of pandemic are you failing to get?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

1bad, you are getting carried away and building strawmen ...again.

No one is banning the crap food.
    there is legislation on the table to ban the unscrupulous practice of luring children to poor diet choices by going after their entertainment desire.

That is the whole point of a happy meal isn't it?

And judging by the pandemic of obesity in your nation, you think that your fellow countrymen are capable of making good choices about food for their kids?

I know that's a bit harsh, but so what. I don't have as much faith in people to act or do the right thing. What can I say, I hope for the best, but it didn't work out and now there is a need for legal action in order to alter behaviours.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I think its awesome. Hell if it were up to me, civilians would be required to meet physical fitness standards and conduct PT regularly just like we do in the military. I'm tired of busting my ass trying to lift 300lbs lard asses into an ambulance. Or my firefighter friends having unnecessary extra risk placed on their own lives because they got an obese family that all need to be carried out unconscious from a burning home because they were too out of shape to make it 20 feet from their sofa to the front door...
    Last edited by SoCo KungFu; 05-03-2010 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Is 75% of the population giving themselves skin cancer from tanning booths? 75% of us alcoholics?

What part of pandemic are you failing to get?
    So why should we trust the government to ban toys from fast foods???
    Seems like mixed messages here or not?

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    So why should we trust the government to ban toys from fast foods???
    Seems like mixed messages here or not?
    Do you trust McDonalds to feed your kids properly?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I love McD's french fries
    My little ones love their chicken nuggets, but I removes the skin off of them before they eat it.
    They may have McD's maybe 2-3 times a month.
    I like their fajitas and their grilled chicken, sometimes I will even have their cheeseburger with only lettuce and tomato and then workout for 2 hours to burn it off !!
    LMAO !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Do I trust the government to tell me how to feed my kids properly?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I love McD's french fries
    My little ones love their chicken nuggets, but I removes the skin off of them before they eat it.
    They may have McD's maybe 2-3 times a month.
    I like their fajitas and their grilled chicken, sometimes I will even have their cheeseburger with only lettuce and tomato and then workout for 2 hours to burn it off !!
    LMAO !!

Mmmmm, yummy !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Do I trust the government to tell me how to feed my kids properly?
    Your government isn't telling you how to feed them. Not sure how you thought that.

In context to this thread it's(government) telling a corporation to stop using advertising tactics which make it difficult for parents to make decisions on food choices for their kids.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

It's a friggin CHOICE to go up there and eat!!!

What part of personal responsibility is so hard to grasp???

And it's not like it's cheaper to eat at McDonalds vs eating at home. It's a choice people should have the freedom to make. Why do you think people like you should have the right to tell others what they can and cant eat?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

It's a friggin CHOICE to go up there and eat!!!

What part of personal responsibility is so hard to grasp???
    And what part of "children are too young to make that choice and can't grasp personal responsibility so why direct advertising towards them" are you not getting? Parents can still choose to take their children to McDonalds. The kids just won't get a toy.

1bad, you are getting carried away and building strawmen ...again.

No one is banning the crap food.
    Actually they are. See, you learn something every day when I'm around.

"New York’s restaurants could be banned from adding salt to food as part of the city’s latest health crackdown. Politicians are voting on a bill that, if passed, would see restaurateurs fined $1,000 (£660) each time they were caught adding the condiment to food."

Source:
    http://article.wn.com/view/2010/03/1...h_bill_causin/

"The Board of Health voted Tuesday to make New York the nation’s first city to ban artery-clogging artificial trans fats at restaurants — from the corner pizzeria to high-end bakeries."

Source:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16051436/
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    And what part of "children are too young to make that choice and can't grasp personal responsibility so why direct advertising towards them" are you not getting? Parents can still choose to take their children to McDonalds. The kids just won't get a toy.
    So the children now decide where they eat?

It's the parents responsibility. People like you disgust me. Let me live my **** life how I want, and you live yours how you want. What's wrong with that?