Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A thread for the more liberal wing chunners

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun View Post
    Take out DanChiSao and you might as well take out all the forms/drills and ChiSao as well.. Then go pull out a phone book and start looking for another art to disembowel.

Using the core curriculum as it was intended to build attributes and cultivate VT tactics, with lots of energy and release of power would be a better option..

I've never heard of such training in VT..

VT does not have "prearranged moves"..
    Trust me, there are plenty of places that do it. These are the "core" drills that are meant to instill natural reaction through repititve motion. Sort of like a boxer practicing a right cross and then drop. But some chunners take it to the extent where there's too many moves involved. Even a porearranged drill should be a piece of the pie, and shouldn't be more than a couple moves at best. After prerranged exercises are proficiently done...time to move on to spontaneous sparring drills and sparring sessions.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Wck people should get rid o drills that involve the old "if he moves that way you do this.". IMO those scenarios are not realistic. Good one, vankuen.

Terrence,
    I asked a question of you in the last post of page 3. Please respnd when you get a moment. Thanks