Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Moderate" christians protest Hindu prayer in Senate

I watched it. They shouldn't have done it. But I maintain I'd rather deal with them being upset about religion than deal with the 'peaceful' Muslims when they get upset about religion.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    "Not as bad" means one is worse than the other. It doesn't mean one is ok.

I need to watch the video. But I'm sure they haven't beheaded anyone, or called for a country's destruction, or worn a sidearm to a UN meeting, or called for the killing of an author, or offered to pay money to suicide bombers, or flown planes into buildings, or gassed their own people. You know, things the 'peaceful' Muslims do.
    Or bombed abortion clinics...
    Or killed abortion providers...

I watched it. They shouldn't have done it. But I maintain I'd rather deal with them being upset about religion than deal with the 'peaceful' Muslims when they get upset about religion.
    Stop detracting. It was inexcusable behavior. These are grown men acting like children. People who are SUPPOSED to be representing the greatest nation in the world, acting like lunatics. And you try to lighten their deeds by bring up another religion?

Answer my question. Do you condemn their actions?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Or bombed abortion clinics...
    Or killed abortion providers...
    But can you show their priests/pastors/religious leaders calling for those illegal actions? I can show plenty of Muslim religious leaders who have called for bombings, beheadings, killing rape victims, etc.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Stop detracting. It was inexcusable behavior. These are grown men acting like children. People who are SUPPOSED to be representing the greatest nation in the world, acting like lunatics. And you try to lighten their deeds by bring up another religion?

Answer my question. Do you condemn their actions?
    A lunatic is someone who flies a plane into a building to kill thousands of innocent people and thinks he will be rewarded with a bunch of virgins. These guys interrupted a prayer with some words. While both are wrong, please tell me you see a huge difference here...

A lunatic is someone who flies a plane into a building to kill thousands of innocent people and thinks he will be rewarded with a bunch of virgins. These guys interrupted a prayer with some words. While both are wrong, please tell me you see a huge difference here...
    It's irrelevant. I could just as easily say it was much worse during the Inquisition, but it has no relevance. I am talking solely about the childish and intolerant behavior at the senate meeting, and you attempt to detract with something unrelated. You could say Genghis Khan was worse, too, but...IT ISN'T RELEVANT.

Seriously, either stay on track or discuss this one all by yourself, because I don't fall for silly distractions from the topic. In fact... you might as well, because you still dodge the question.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

The difference is, he's discussing the topic at hand, while you're bringing a non sequitor that has no bearing on the topic as if it does. It's fine to introduce new elements to a discussion, but to do it in a way that puts the onus of answering on everyone but you is not strong argumentation.

Using the same tact, someone could mention that muslims have opened the senate with prayers, and behaved better than these Christians or the extremist muslims. By your tactic, you lose every time a moderate of any religion is compared to those politicians acting that way.

EDIT- Drake beat me to it, and managed to bring up Genghis Khan. ****.

Of course it is relevant. These guys in the Senate did what they did because of religion. And those 'peaceful' Muslims do what they do because of religion.

But can you show their priests/pastors/religious leaders calling for those illegal actions? I can show plenty of Muslim religious leaders who have called for bombings, beheadings, killing rape victims, etc.
    Randall Terry.

Randall Terry.
    So you can name ONE.

And I've never even heard of the guy. Is he in prison, btw? If he lives in America, and openly calls for violence, he will be in prison like the peaceful Muslim clerics in American prisons.

This thread just went stupid.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

So you can name ONE.

And I've never even heard of the guy. Is he in prison, btw? If he lives in America, and openly calls for violence, he will be in prison like the peaceful Muslim clerics in American prisons.
    You've never heard of Operation Rescue? I find that hard to believe.

And why would he be in prison for advocating violence? It's his 1st Amendment right.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    This thread just went stupid.
    They all do eventually.

You've never heard of Operation Rescue? I find that hard to believe.
    You didn't mention them. You said Randall Terry.

And why would he be in prison for advocating violence? It's his 1st Amendment right.
    Omar_Abdel-Rahman is in prison for it. And you cannot openly call for violence. It is a crime. As is yelling "Fire!" in a movie theater, even with the 1st Amendment.

...you cannot openly call for violence. It is a crime.
    Bush jr , Cheney and Rumsfeld as well as Powell, Frum, Rice and the rest should all be arrested.

as well, so should Obama and Clinton for making the nuclear threats against the rogues gallery of the UN.

all of these are calling, have called for or are now calling for violence to be perpetrated by americans.
    Kung Fu is good for you.