Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Moderate" christians protest Hindu prayer in Senate

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    You didn't mention them. You said Randall Terry.
    Um...Randall Terry founded Operation Rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Bush jr , Cheney and Rumsfeld as well as Powell, Frum, Rice and the rest should all be arrested.

as well, so should Obama and Clinton for making the nuclear threats against the rogues gallery of the UN.

all of these are calling, have called for or are now calling for violence to be perpetrated by americans.
    Oh Jeez, here we go again.

We are talking American law, not international law. This incident happened in the US Senate, so the UN is moot.

Of course I say the UN is a huge joke. When they elected Iran to it's Commission on Women's Rights, they proved that.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Um...Randall Terry founded Operation Rescue.
    Does he preach violence? I'm not up to par on them, but I thought they just protested peacefully.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Looks like another peaceful Muslim was arrested on terror charges. Faisal Shahzad was also a registered Democrat, and I don't believe he was a memeber of Operation Rescue either.

Also, he was able to board a plane despite being on the 'no fly list'. So comforting to the Federal airport screeners are doing such a great job. But hey, they did delay Joe Foss several years back when he was trying to board a plane.

Looks like another peaceful Muslim was arrested on terror charges. Faisal Shahzad was also a registered Democrat, and I don't believe he was a memeber of Operation Rescue either.

Also, he was able to board a plane despite being on the 'no fly list'. So comforting to the Federal airport screeners are doing such a great job. But hey, they did delay Joe Foss several years back when he was trying to board a plane.
    LOL. This is the most idiotic thing I've read today. Awesome.
    Thanks for spewing the Limbaugh on the floor.

Why do you follow that obese drug addict anyway? His mind is as screwy as an old rusty bolt. He gets a radio show because people like you are easy to rile up and simple in their world view.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

LOL. This is the most idiotic thing I've read today. Awesome.
    Thanks for spewing the Limbaugh on the floor.

Why do you follow that obese drug addict anyway? His mind is as screwy as an old rusty bolt. He gets a radio show because people like you are easy to rile up and simple in their world view.
    Who cares who said it. It's 100% true.

You may despise every fiber of his being, and you may feel the same way about me, but what I posted is 100% fact.

Threadjack is now complete. Original subject lost, and every question unanswered. FAIL.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Threadjack is now complete. Original subject lost, and every question unanswered. FAIL.
    back on topic, I would have vocally protested the prayer, hindu or otherwise.

ALL religious ritual, rites or ideology has to be completely and utterly removed from any government office or state run office or school or public place.

religion should be like your sex life. 100% private and none of any one else's business.

so the hindu was wrong for trying to pray there and the Christians were wrong for countering with their own little prayers and in the end they all look like a pack of ignoramuses.

Secular Humanism is the only way to be fair and impartial in law and governance.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ALL religious ritual, rites or ideology has to be completely and utterly removed from any government office or state run office or school or public place.

religion should be like your sex life. 100% private and none of any one else's business.

so the hindu was wrong for trying to pray there and the Christians were wrong for countering with their own little prayers and in the end they all look like a pack of ignoramuses.

Secular Humanism is the only way to be fair and impartial in law and governance.

He was invited...it's not like he wandered in there and started praying...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    He was invited...it's not like he wandered in there and started praying...
    then the invitation was an error as well.
    With that in mind, it was also likely to be a provocative move by the person who extended the invitation and serves as a great example of why there should be zero religious activity of any kind whatsoever in society at large and government in particular.

religion should be kept in peoples places of worship and in their homes.

it is as personal and private as ones sexual life and should have no influence whatsoever on the day to day doings of society as a whole.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

While we disagree, I do admire the fact you are not picking and choosing on this topic. You're message stays the same, regardless of the religion in question.

While we disagree, I do admire the fact you are not picking and choosing on this topic. You're message stays the same, regardless of the religion in question.
    I have my belief, it is mine. I do not undertake to push it onto anyone else.
    In secular matters we debate and argue until we find a solution or put the subject away until cooler heads prevail.

But taking religion out of secular humanist activities is paramount to moving forward.

If not for the barriers that comes with pushing a religion on someone, we'd probably be mining asteroids, walking on mars and living on a pristine and beautiful planet instead of killing it daily with our ever widening hungry jaws of destruction.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Religion is a wonderful thing, when used for good. Feeding the poor, helping your neighbor, giving to charity, obeying the laws, etc. But when it's used to promote hate and violence, it's a horrible thing.

Religion is a wonderful thing, when used for good. Feeding the poor, helping your neighbor, giving to charity, obeying the laws, etc. But when it's used to promote hate and violence, it's a horrible thing.
    It is not necessary at all to do the former and as for the latter, well that's how it has always been.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

and as for the latter, well that's how it has always been.
    This just made me think of Tool Lyrics....LOL!!!!!

Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men.
    But pull your head on out (of) your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again

The universe is hostile
    So impersonal
    Devour to survive
    So it is, so it's always been ...