Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Robert Chu's Master Class DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    or Robert's nail and hammer one
    I believe this is from the faat... (twitch)
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun View Post

It makes me laugh--the idea that VT doesn't have power.. The mechanics are there if only folks would use them... But they have the Crazy Eggbeater in their heads.. The teachers can't find their azz with both hands.. Etc, etc......
    Which is exactly what the Mook Jong reinforces... crazy eggbeater with no power.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Which is exactly what the Mook Jong reinforces... crazy eggbeater with no power.
    Wrong thread buddy. That's the other one!

And no...it doesn't teach that. The intent of the dummy (as you'd see in the other thread) is not to hit it as fast as possible, or as hard as possible, but to practice the movements focusing on energy projection, full body structure and usage, and the like.

It has nothing to do with linking punches (with no body behind it).
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

C'mon Dale..

Even big name teachers have precious few students (if any) who want to train hard core or compete in MMA...

I am a nobody and have enough trouble finding people to train with at all, let alone train for MMA..
    Are you kidding? Kids who want fight MMA are a dime a dozen these days.

Wrong thread buddy. That's the other one!

And no...it doesn't teach that. The intent of the dummy (as you'd see in the other thread) is not to hit it as fast as possible, or as hard as possible, but to practice the movements focusing on energy projection, full body structure and usage, and the like.

It has nothing to do with linking punches (with no body behind it).
    That may be the intent, but the actuality is different.

Are you kidding? Kids who want fight MMA are a dime a dozen these days.
    WTF are you talking about Dale..? You are getting rather shrill.

So this "logic" is supposed to mean that I can simply walk out on the street and find droves of folks that want me to train them in VT MMA..???? Riiiiiight!

Take a Xanax and get back to reality...
    Last edited by YungChun; 05-06-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

Right so an inanimate object (not teachers) is somehow responsible for making folks use bad mechanics...when it is quite possible to use correct mechanics on the bloody thing..

That's like saying a heavy bag dictates how you hit it, with what mechanics and tools..

Eggbeater mechanics are arm punches, without body connection and connected mass and power... There is nothing stopping anyone from using body power on the dummy, which is what you are supposed to use.
    Last edited by YungChun; 05-06-2010 at 01:44 PM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

WTF are you talking about Dale..? You are getting rather shrill.

So this "logic" is supposed to mean that I can simply walk out on the street and find droves of folks that want me to train them in VT MMA..???? Riiiiiight!

Take a Xanax and get back to reality...
    Supposedly you train, right? If you train, you should have a network of martial arts friends, acquaintances and sparring buddies. Go through that network and it should be pretty easy to find people who want to do this.

And then there's Victor. He's got a school already. Why he doesn't have his people out there testing his ideas is beyond me.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 05-06-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Right so an inanimate object (not teachers) is somehow responsible for making folks use bad mechanics...when it is quite possible to use correct mechanics on the bloody thing..
    Theoretically it is possible, but not using the WC forms that are taught on it.

The intent of the dummy (as you'd see in the other thread) is not to hit it as fast as possible, or as hard as possible, but to practice the movements focusing on energy projection, full body structure and usage, and the like.
    Exactly correct.

Nothing to stop you from hitting it hard too though..
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

Theoretically it is possible, but not using the WC forms that are taught on it.
    So it seems Dale doesn't think that VT mechanics can generate power........
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

Supposedly you train, right? If you train, you should have a network of martial arts friends, acquaintances and sparring buddies. Go through that network and it should be pretty easy to find people who want to do this.

And then there's Victor. He's got a school already. Why he doesn't have his people out there testing his ideas is beyond me.
    It is extremely hard to find folks to train with... Apparently Paul sees this.. (let alone budding UFC candidates, which even the big name teachers don't have)

I even put an ad on the flippin net to find more..

I am hoping to join a BJJ school later this year, IME when you're in a school it's much easier to find training partners..

Plans to take over the world with VT will have to wait...
    Last edited by YungChun; 05-06-2010 at 02:39 PM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

So it seems Dale doesn't think that VT mechanics can generate power........
    Not compared to boxing and MT.... which is exactly why you see the WC guys who are competing using strikes that you have described as "not WC."

Not compared to boxing and MT.... which is exactly why you see the WC guys who are competing using strikes that you have described as "not WC."
    Right and I wouldn't agree at all... It's simply that you haven't been taught or haven't seen good VT mechanics IMO.

There is more than one kind of VT strike, not all are the same power.. Nevertheless, they can generate lots of power when done correctly..

Again, it's the crazy eggbeaters that folks associate with VT striking.
    Last edited by YungChun; 05-06-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

Right and I wouldn't agree at all... It's simply that you haven't been taught or haven't seen good VT mechanics IMO.

There is more than one kind of VT strike, not all are the same power.. Nevertheless, they can generate lots of power when done correctly..

Again, it's the crazy eggbeaters that folks associate with VT striking.
    Um.. where are they?

And how would you know? By your own admission, you can't even find someone to do some training with.