Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Proof that WC works vs. a real boxer

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    Think weapon's footwork. If you don't agree, then I suggest that yo try adapting what you do with weapons to your empty hand fighting. It will allow you to cover greater distances with less effort than you would just shuffling. If you have good "weapon's" footwork, you are used to essentially, "walking" and striking with power.

Footwork for fighting with blunt or edged weapons isn't that much different than fighting empty-handed. Power development is essentially the same with a weapon or without.

Why am I not surprised that you didn't know this?

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Footwork for fighting with blunt or edged weapons isn't that much different than fighting empty-handed. Power development is essentially the same with a weapon or without.

Why am I not surprised that you didn't know this?
    Thanks uncle B.S. Obviously, they apply to both Dale, that is my whole point, but the way that Kung fu fighters are trained they don't always realize it. One is for empty hand and one is for weapons. They also don't realize the usefulness of their legs to help get the job done. I am sure that you don't either since your just practiced "steroid MT."

Need we pull the Rashun video again so that we can see how you cut people off?

Really Dale your complete lack of knowledge about Kung Fu and your willingness to speak on it are just incompatible.

Thanks uncle B.S. Obviously, they apply to both Dale, that is my whole point, but the way that Kung fu fighters are trained they don't always realize it. One is for empty hand and one is for weapons.
    Speaking of b.s. Do they apply to both or is one for empty and one for weapons? Which is it?

Need we pull the Rashun video again so that we can see how you cut people off?
    Sure, we can also post vid with full contact weapons fighting also. But let's first post the clips of you demonstrating how you cut people off in a non-restrictive space with and without with weapons.

Really Dale your complete lack of knowledge about Kung Fu and your willingness to speak on it are just incompatible.
    I'm not speaking kung fu. I am speaking full-contact weapons fighting, something you obviously have zero knowledge of.

I'm not speaking kung fu. I am speaking full-contact weapons fighting, something you obviously have zero knowledge of.
    Interestingly, the subject is full-contact empty hand fighting, something that only steroids and fitness rather than knowledge got you through.

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    All the advice about cutting off the ring and moving in on him to close the range makes perfect sense except for 1 thing. i am 56 years old. i don't chase anything. If it doesn't come to me screw it, I didn't really want it anyway.
    ***SOUNDS LIKE my attitude towards women these days.

Just kidding, dear...in case you're reading this. (My wife can be so touchy! )

Interestingly, the subject is full-contact empty hand fighting, something that only steroids and fitness rather than knowledge got you through.
    Interestingly, you were the one who brought up the weapons footwork.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I don't agree with the idea that boxing does not have as much footwork as Gung-Fu. Boxing has a very developed footwork. It is so much more than simply shuffling and sidestepping. There are angles, step-throughs, direction changes, switch-steps, scramble steps, etc and varied patterns of movements.
    People who claim this, haven't studied boxing.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I never said that it didn't amount to the same thing in principle. Its just that boxers don't typically employ as many footwork options as kung fu practitioners. When you are cutting off an opponent staying close is much more important in a large area. In a ring, they can only go so far.
    Ummm... the whole point of cutting someone off is to use the boundaries provided by the ring as a barrier to shut down the opponent from being able to use another angle as you are setting up your angles.

You can't really cut someone off if they have unlimited movement options to move away from you.

Why am I not surprised you don't know these basic principles?

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I don't agree with the idea that boxing does not have as much footwork as Gung-Fu. Boxing has a very developed footwork. It is so much more than simply shuffling and sidestepping. There are angles, step-throughs, direction changes, switch-steps, scramble steps, etc and varied patterns of movements.
    People who claim this, haven't studied boxing.
    You may see some unothadox fighter do some of this but...
    Boxing doesn't have:

Crossover steps: hidden steps, "steal a step", "front" crossover steps

Spinning: pivoting, step & spin, china circle, spinning from a crossover

Sidling step

Inverted step

Hopping

Lunging steps: front and reverse (not quite like boxing).

Rolling - a form of locomotion but not necessarily a "step" exactly
    Not to mention boxing lacks all the myriad of stances that are transitory positions in kung fu that I would not call "steps" but function as such.

Bow stance,
    Mountain climber stance
    Horse Stance
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 05-05-2010 at 09:23 AM.

Ummm... the whole point of cutting someone off is to use the boundaries provided by the ring as a barrier to shut down the opponent from being able to use another angle as you are setting up your angles.

You can't really cut someone off if they have unlimited movement options to move away from you.

Why am I not surprised you don't know these basic principles?
    A large area isn't an unlimited boundary. I set the parameters in my previous posts to a gymnasium.

You may see some unothadox fighter do some of this but...
    Boxing doesn't have:

Crossover steps: hidden steps, "steal a step", "front" crossover steps

Spinning: pivoting, step & spin, china circle, spinning from a crossover

Sidling step

Inverted step

Lunging steps: front and reverse.

Not to mention boxing lacks all the myriad of stances that are transitory positions in kung fu that I would not call "steps" but function as such.

Bow stance,
    Mountain climber stance
    Horse Stance
    Of course boxing doesn't have those things. Like all functional, full-contact systems they understand that those things are not effective means of mobility for fighting. There is a reason you don't see most those things in any full-contact system and why most full contact systems from striking to grappling have similar footwork.

Of course boxing doesn't have those things. Like all functional, full-contact systems they understand that those things are not effective means of mobility for fighting. There is a reason you don't see most those things in any full-contact system and why most full contact systems from striking to grappling have similar footwork.
    You can't say spinning isn't effective. People stay away from out of position fighters all the time for fear of getting cracked with spinning techniques. All the other stuff works as well. You just have to understand it. MT uses crossovers and spinning to name a few.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 05-05-2010 at 09:27 AM.

For Victor and the group..

Just an interesting clip (I thought) where the smaller guy is the aggressor..full contact bare knuckle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36rlR...eature=related
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu